Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2002 12:56:59 PM EDT
Hello All,

Let me tell you a story about a fella named Rich (aka Dissipator556).  This big guy is usally good-hearted, funny, and all around easy to get along with.
 In the past 2 weeks or so, however, this fella has been up his eyeballs with problems (money, wife, truck, school, reservist prob's, a sick kid, etc..  
 Anyway, he gets on here and tries to drown his problems out with talk about firearms, current events, etc., etc..  The problem is, this guy's bad side starts coming out, and he is unable to play nice with the others.  You've all seen what happened, and it's pretty damn sad.
 So, my buddy tells me, his money (student loans arrived, found his wallet too), truck (truck is fixed), school (semester ended today), and sick kid (kid went to the Dr. finally) problems have been solved, as of today-(with the obvious wife problem still remaining).  
 So, this Rich fella started thinking about how futile it was to make himself feel better by demeaning other people on the Internet.  He would sign-on to AR15.COM himself, but his account was recently locked.  
  If Dissipator556's account is unlocked, I guarantee you will not have another problem with him.  In fact, his negative sig line will be changed, all old flaming posts deleted, and a new leaf turned over.  I can do all of this, because, as you have correctly guessed, I am he.  
  BTW Guys and Gals, sorry for being such a jackass the past week or so- I really have not been myself lately.  I apologize if I have offended anyone here, and ask for your forgiveness for being such a damn jerk.  

-Rich (aka Diss556)

(Grimshaw, however, is still getting a wedgie if I see him at the BRC). [;)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell him if I see the term "Assclown" one more time, they'll find Hoffa before they do him. [:D]

BTW- What mod was he referring to?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
As the saying goes....."It takes a man to....."

Nicely said. Now get rid of the wife problem! I mean straighten out the things to bring happiness back into you life!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
DaveG

All the others, IMHO, do a fantastic job of keeping this place great.  

You were the only senior staff I didn't email- cuz I didn't think you would be responsive.  Guess I was wrong- DonR has a heart after all... awwww
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
That was almost worth it, just to see [b]DonR[/b] use the word 'Assclown' in a sentence![:D]

Eric The(CheeseIt,TheFuzz!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah, give 'im the account back!  it's one thing to be able to say something like this; it's another to actually have the chance to do it.  handing out chances is something we do best at ar15.com.

now, diss, behave.  use your 2nd chance wisely.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry for your troubles, Rich.

It takes a big man to see the error of his ways and admit it to his friends.  Way to go.  I hope everything continues to improve for you, and that things calm down with your wife.

Often times, we all need to vent some steam.  Likewise, we need to try and walk a mile in the other guys shoes to understand what is going on sometimes.

Thanks for that reminder.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell, you shoulda caught my operating room dream thread.  LOL!

You're alright man, dont be hard on yerself....

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You were the only senior staff I didn't email- cuz I didn't think you would be responsive.  Guess I was wrong- DonR has a heart after all... awwww
View Quote

And if you tell that to one soul, you're in deep ca-ca.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#11]
AssClown, heh heh. He said AssClown.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Watch it, Wingnut! [devil]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#13]
So, um, DonR, can I change my screen name to "assclown"?

[;D]

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I was thinking more along the lines of "Extinct", or "the_rejected"!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#15]
A new and kinder Dissipator.  How nice. [:D]

I guess that I will see you at the BRC too.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A new and kinder Dissipator.  How nice. [:D]
View Quote

Hmmmm...Diss was the last person here to thank me for anything...not that he really needed to but I really thought it was a nice jesture.  As an aside, I tried to IM him this morning and a message said something was "restricted".  I kinda figured he might have been popped.

Hmmmm.... all this [img]http://www.plaudersmilies.de/knuddel.gif[/img] that DonR is showing...scary!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was thinking more along the lines of "Extinct", or "the_rejected"!
View Quote

Touché.

Game, set, match... what can I say?  [:)]

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#18]
No more using the term "a**clown"?  Ok.  But is "c*** h******" still acceptable??

[ Edited By D0NR on 5/8/2002 5:48:09 AM ]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Tell him if I see the term "Assclown" one more time, they'll find Hoffa before they do him. [:D]

BTW- What mod was he referring to?
View Quote

I kind of like that term.  In fact, I have added it to my vernacular. I promise I won't use it here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#21]
JIMBEAN,
Glad you like the term- I believe it is from the Glen Beck show or some other AM talk radio station personality.  
 I didn't know that the term would be used so often here-Glen says it on the radio constantly (usually when referring to Bill or Hillary).
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice apology and all.  But next time you have problems why don't you just post them so we can really help you???

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Well said, welcome baack!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top