Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2002 10:43:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#1]
As much as I respect the good Dr. Keyes, I can't hardly watch his program any more.

1. He's done the Israeli thing to death. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing left to say on the subject.

2. 75% of his show is spent with ONE of his guests or him yelling (USUALLY him) "You are GOING to have to let me speak. Sir, you are going to have to let me speak. LET ME SPEAK, Sir, or I will turn off your microphone." [rolleyes]

3. The format is always two (and even three) on one -  him and one or even TWO  pro-Israelis brow beating a SINGLE pro- Palestinian. So much for the free exchange of ideas.

4. His guests are, for the most parts, patsies for him to soapbox. Not illuminating discussion, just him eloquating from the soapbox. If he wants to soapbox, fine. There's prolly no one more capable of communicating himself today in America. But don't bring sham guests on for the APPEARANCE of discussing a subject (And I'm talking since the beginning of his show, NOT just since the mid-East went haywire again)

granted, I agree with him 95% of the time, but the format just drives me crazy.

I think I'll try to catch the 2A part, but I'll skip his "Kinesset - West" soliloquies.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Naaaaah, you're just bitter about Israel.  Don't blame it on the format.

I wish I could watch...
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Surprise, surprise!

Garandman doesn't like to be told (over and over) that Israel is right.  Even by someone he respects...
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Only about 10-12% of the populace agrees with garandman according to the polls...

That is roughly consistant to the number of Americans with anti-Semetic beleifs in normal times.

Sorry garandman but by limiting the odds two or three to one Mr. Keys is actually doing your fellow bigots a favor... normally they would be outnumbered nine to one...
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Surprise, surprise!

Garandman doesn't like to be told (over and over) that Israel is right.  Even by someone he respects...
View Quote

[img]http://www.salug.org/~davidm/images/laughing2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, well you can all bite me  [}:D] (DVD excepted, cuz he was able to respond WITHOUT making charachter judgments, or insulting me)

SPECIALLY you ArmdLbrl. "Anti-Semitic?? Bigot???"

Crap like this tells me you are either....

1. 13 yrs old.

2. INCAPABLE of having a dicussion without insulting someone.

3. Afraid to have the other side of the debate heard, so you quickly degenerate to name calling like Liberals always do, or

4. Cranky for lack of sleep.

Well, get some rest pal. Your tripe has been tried before, and it hasn't yet silenced me.

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Only about 10-12% of the populace agrees with garandman according to the polls...

Sorry garandman but ....your fellow bigots a favor... normally they would be outnumbered nine to one...
View Quote

Let's take a look at the accomplishments of "majorities" over the last century....

1. Brought Hitler to power.

2. Brought Arafat to power.

3. Elected Clinton - twice.

4. elected Grey-out Davis, who singlehandedly took California back to the 1700's.

You are you "fellow majorities" have a sterling record of accomplishment.[rolleyes]

The simple reality is that "the right" is almost ALWAYS found to be in the minority. UNTIL the majority is brought kicking and screaming to the truth.

Examples-

1. Black people's right to ride the front of the bus in the 1950's.

2. Regan's crusade to destroy Communism in the 80's.

So....

I suppose if you can call me "antiSemitic" and a "biggot" then I can call you an "idiot." And NOT hear any crap from the "turn a blind eye to insulting and defamatory words by their pro-Israeli cronies" Mods round here.

The Mods have no clothes.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Getting back to the topic....

I thought Larry Pratt did a good job of speaking specifically to the constitutional issues.

I thought he failed to counter the issues brought by the HCI drone.  Specifically the issue of lower crime rates due to gun control.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top