Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2002 6:18:57 PM EDT
Today I cast my vote in yet another of a series of seemingly pointless elections.

This was primary day in Ohio and the ballot featured candidates for about a dozen offices plus a local bond issue.  Sadly, though, almost all of the races were uncontested -- the voters' only choice was to endorse a single candidate (the incumbent, of course) or not to vote at all.  

By the looks of things at my polling place, "not at all" was a popular choice.  I was the [b]only[/b] voter there at what is normally a busy time of day.

Hurray for representative government. [:|]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya its kinda disheartening when you go vote and the same candidate thats held a position for 5 terms is running unapposed. When ever a politician is in office for that long they seem to get corrupt. When theres never an opponient for thier position they think they can get away with anything [V]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:54:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Local turnout: 11%

If voter apathy continues to worsen, I'll be the only one voting -- and then all political power will be MINE!

BUAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAA! [+]:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:57:36 AM EDT
[#3]
tell me about it. the governor here (VT) has been in office just because of voter apathy.

just shows how people either dont give a shit anymore, or just dont think that their votes count.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:50:01 AM EDT
[#4]
TN had its  primary yesterday as well. I voted about 6:10 p.m. I was number 269 for the day. Less that 10% voter turnout. [smoke]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:52:46 AM EDT
[#5]
CNN will probably report record voter turn out.  But they will not say that it is record low turnout.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Why don't YOU run for office??
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why don't YOU run for office??
View Quote

That's a very good question.

The short answer is that I don't have the organizational connections needed to get on the ballot, nor do I have the money to run a campaign on my own.

As an alternative, I'm thinking about starting a ballot initiative to require "None of the Above" as an option in all elections.  That might be doable.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top