Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2002 6:01:22 PM EDT
LOVELOCK, Nevada (CNN) -- The man sought for questioning in a rash of incidents in which pipe bombs were planted in mailboxes in five states was taken into federal custody Tuesday night in Nevada, federal authorities said.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/05/07/mailbox.pipebombs/index.html[/url]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm still trying to figure out what his username here was...

[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Now thats funny PDX!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm still trying to figure out what his username here was...

[}:D]
View Quote

Probably Blaze-of-Glory!?!?!?  [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
frank the spank?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I do not think it was him.

Anybody else with me?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
At least we know that yahoo formally-of-the-robbin'-banks-with-an-AR-15 profession wasn't from here. As several people pointed out he had his mags taped together upside down...
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Naw they were BOG'S  paint ball firing, pipe bomb bots.  Because I saw DONR kill Blaze!

Bob     [:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I do not think it was him.

Anybody else with me?
View Quote
Oh, please enlighten the rest of us.  His own father says he is.
"Luke is not a dangerous person. He is just trying to make a statement," the elder Helder told reporters.
View Quote

Not dangerous???  Tell that to the people he injured.  Screw him and anyone that supports him.

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#9]
The suspect is a college student. I skimmed the profile yesterday, and remember the perp was supposed to be an [b]older[/b] person. Wonder how much else was wrong. Or maybe they got the wrong guy. But no, that would spoil the FBI's perfect record.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Once we start to learn more about this guy, I'm sure media will dig up crap about his troubled life and his fascinations with guns and bombs.  Perfect bait for anti-gunners.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Once we start to learn more about this guy, I'm sure media will dig up crap about his troubled life and his fascinations with guns and bombs.  Perfect bait for anti-gunners.
View Quote

As sure as the sun rises in the east. They'll 'dig up' or make it up. Truth is subjective afterall.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#12]
they found explosives in his car......
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#13]
OK he got my attention. What is his beef? We can all see the sh!t hitting the fan. I just want to know if he is on my side.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:34:45 AM EDT
[#14]
We need some new laws to prevent this from happening again. The worst and most scary crimes seem to not be committed with guns.

What we need is age restrictions on buying pipe. Maybe a 3 day waiting period at all hardware stores. Parents should be required to use pipe locks. And we need to define any pipe that has any two of these features: can be cut down to a length shorter than 12", has threading on either end, or a bayonet lug as an assault pipe.

When will we stop the cycle of pipe violence, let's outlaw pipes... it's for the children!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top