Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2002 4:30:29 PM EDT
If you do,have you had problems with arrears even though you have paid?Did you have to retain a lawyer or did you handle it yourself?ADVICE MAN!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I had problems with arrears when I was layed off.  All I did was make arangements with the Friend of the Court/Devil to make payments on the arrears.  (new job)They can issue a court order and take a little extra out of your check t opay on the arrears.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Who pays child support?

Thanks to welfare and horny, irresponsible dumbf**ks who don't evaluate the long term effects of their decisions, we all pay child support.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I do.

Rule #1:
Never go to court with out a lawyer.

Rule #2:
She wants as much of your money as she can get and the state is there to help her do it so see rule #1.

Rule #3:
Do not try to play Mr. Nice Guy you'll only get fucked over.

Rule #4:
No rule supercedes rule #1!

Seriously the best thing you can do is pay on time and regularly with no arrears.  They can take your tax returns here in PA they can suspend your driver, hunting, and fishing license if you don't pay on time.  Basically your bent over and they can stick it up your ass when they/she wants.  Tough it out get it all in legal documents and follow them to the letter.  Do not give them/her any way to mess with you.  I can tell you some fucked up shit my daughters mom did to me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Boomer,you are a dumbf**k.Do you even have the balls to reproduce?Or is it you are gay and dont worry about a wife screwing you over.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#7]
She married you for[rolleyes]LUV[rolleyes]MONEY,SECURITY.With out a "good lawyer" now shes after as much MONEY = SECURITY as she can get.Hell,she'll probablly go for your retirement too.Really you guys that do not learn the first time(T_B_Slayer)probablly drink to much.[;)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Boomer,you are a dumbf**k.Do you even have the balls to reproduce?Or is it you are gay and dont worry about a wife screwing you over.
View Quote

I happen to have a wife and 3 children.

Some of us still view marriage as a long term commitment and thus exercise significant care and wisdom in selecting an appropriate partner.

And I would bet dollars to donuts that if for some unforeseen, inexplicable reason my wife and I did seperate, we would be mature and remain at least amicable enough to do what was in our children's best interests, not our own.

Don't take out your frustrations on me. Choose more wisely next time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Want advice? What is your problem? Best advice? City of Exile formula.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you Aimless,for the advice.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#11]
araddict, I don't know if boomer's initial post was "aimed" at you - I could be wrong, but I didn't think it was.

I agree with Boomer - he hit the nail on the head.

Boomer, I also know that men and women can get crazy and sometimes the person you married isn't the person you're married to/divorcing now!

Keep good records and receipts and save your money - if it isn't in the kid's best interest to be with her, then get a lawyer and YOU get custody and the child support checks.  Have custody of my 11 yr old son, so I know.

good luck!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
araddict, I don't know if boomer's initial post was "aimed" at you - I could be wrong, but I didn't think it was.
View Quote

That's correct, my initial post wasn't "aimed" at anyone in particular.

We were asked "Who pays child support". As taxpayers, unfortunately we all do for the various consequences of divorce and single parenting. It's that simple.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Yup, I have to pay it.... if I didn't, the employee would get in trouble..... (joke, in reference of an employer deducting from the employee).

(Sorry if it was bad taste)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top