Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2002 2:01:47 PM EDT
[url]http://www.wedrive.org/[/url]

"...If AB 1058 becomes law, California motorists could face billions of dollars in new costs for greenhouse gas regulations, even though such regulations would provide no net benefit to California.

A recent (March 2002) joint report by CARB and the California Energy Commission offers some insights into several strategies to reduce gasoline consumption, and thereby reducing carbon dioxide:

[red]• Another 50-cent-per-gallon increase in gasoline taxes.
• A two-cent tax on every mile driven for all passenger vehicles.
• Extra fees of $3,500 on minivans, light duty trucks, sport utility vehicles, and others to discourage consumers from buying them.
• Reduction of the speed limit to 55 miles per hour.
• Recommending new designs for vehicles and engines. [/red]

[whacko]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I know a better way to save gas.

Shoot all those mofos that still live there in the head and repopulate the place with normal human beings.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Does that include this mofo??????????????
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Shoot all those mofos that still live there in the head and repopulate the place with normal human beings.
View Quote

Just so you know, there really are only 2 liberal areas in California, LA and SF.  If you split the state in two the Norther California would probably become the most conservative state in the whole USA!!

Man I hate people who lump us all together.[flame]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
ummm..there's seven of us.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.wedrive.org/[/url]

"...If AB 1058 becomes law, California motorists could face billions of dollars in new costs for greenhouse gas regulations, even though such regulations would provide no net benefit to California.

A recent (March 2002) joint report by CARB and the California Energy Commission offers some insights into several strategies to reduce gasoline consumption, and thereby reducing carbon dioxide:

[red]• Another 50-cent-per-gallon increase in gasoline taxes.
• A two-cent tax on every mile driven for all passenger vehicles.
• Extra fees of $3,500 on minivans, light duty trucks, sport utility vehicles, and others to discourage consumers from buying them.
• Reduction of the speed limit to 55 miles per hour.
• Recommending new designs for vehicles and engines. [/red]

[whacko]
View Quote

Isn't this lovely.  Gas is going up sometime next year anyways (Davis postponed it) because their doing something different to the gas.  So gas will most likely go up a dollar...
They want to discourage people from buying vehicles, what if people need those vehicles?  In many cases they're too costly as it is...
And although I don't have proof right now I've heard from a few places that buy when the speed limit was increased to 65 (possibly higher in some places) accidents actually went down...
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Just so you know, there really are only 2 liberal areas in California, LA and SF.  If you split the state in two the Norther California would probably become the most conservative state in the whole USA!!

Man I hate people who lump us all together.[flame]

Sgtar15
View Quote

Youre spared![:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does that include this mofo??????????????
View Quote

Depends.[devil]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top