Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2002 9:37:02 AM EDT
[url]http://www.wsvn.com/extra/helpmehoward/archives/view_story.html?storyid=20020501-182618[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#1]
A hospital by my house tried to fire some staff for speaking Tagalog at work.  The staff sued and won in court.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't she know that only white people can be racist? I heard it on c-span!

Somehow I don't see the justice department civil rights division swooping down on Dade county and prosecuting local government departments that only hire hispanics...
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd sue their Arses off...   The putas...   If ya can't speak english, then learn...   If ya don't want to learn, then go back where ya came from...  [USA]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd sue their Arses off...   The putas...   If ya can't speak english, then learn...   If ya don't want to learn, then go back where ya came from...  [USA]
View Quote

I'll second that!  

I'm sick of these libs acting like it is some sort of imposition on immigrants and so-called American citizens to learn English.  Their argument is always that we should "broaden our minds" and learn a foreign language.  Well, there's no way I could possibly learn the several thousand languanges and dialects necessary to communicate with all these dipshits.

WHat ever happened to the idea that America is  a big mixing pot?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Miami-Dade? Isn't that in Florida? If it's the same Miami-Dade that I know of, it's in the USA (United States of America, not united spanish area).
If yo uwant to LIVE HERE LEARN THE FRIGGIN' LANGUAGE!!
I hope that this woman wins in court (and I HATE frivilous lawsuits!).

Why should we be required to "learn" their language? We arn't living in "their" country (which they so gladly abandoned).
They are living in OUR country, amd if they want to stay, they should learn OUR language.
And in the military, the required language is English. That's so someone cannot cuss you out in another language. And it should be the same for ALL buisnesses in AMERICA.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd sue their Arses off...   The putas...   If ya can't speak english, then learn...   If ya don't want to learn, then go back where ya came from...
View Quote

Oh I think all the people in that department do speak English... they just prefer to speak spanish and would like to get rid of anyone who won't or can't.

Quoted:
Miami-Dade? Isn't that in Florida? If it's the same Miami-Dade that I know of, it's in the USA

They are living in OUR country, amd if they want to stay, they should learn OUR language.
And in the military, the required language is English.
View Quote

I believe the article stated that the offical language of Florida government is English. So those folks have some answering to do, should she decide to pursue it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#8]
lo siento mucho!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The imigrants that built this country learned to speak the language.  Why do the illegals not want to learn it?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The imigrants that built this country learned to speak the language.  Why do the illegals not want to learn it?
View Quote

Yep, my grandfathers family took it upon themselves to learn english (early 1900's).  It was the thing to do, learn the language of their newly adopted land.  They were so dedicated that the native language was not passed down.  ([:(] on my part, would have been nice to have a 2nd language from the beginning, but I've had to resort to college and/or hands on) [:)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

My sentiments exactly!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#12]
"Lo ciento, no habla Espanol..Si habla English"

Meplat-
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
10-4! What he said. There was actually a person this last summer standing out side the Post Office with a petition for making ENGLISH the universal language of the U.S.!!! What the F@CK!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A hospital by my house tried to fire some staff for speaking Tagalog at work.  The staff sued and won in court.
View Quote

yes, but youre in California.

learn the language.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Union Bank of California ATMs here have instructions in Spanish, Japanese, and Vietnamese.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Ya'll don't know what south FL is like now. Almost all schools in the Miami area are almost exclusively spanish speaking. Teachers, kids, parents, principals, etc. only speak spanish. English is a JOKE there. Their idea is that they can live, work, marry & die in their little enclave so why bother to learn English?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:02:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Alot of these people come here, breed like rabbits, and put a huge strain on our social support system, and our legal system. They have NO desire to be Americans, but they want all the benifits of it. And they have their kids on American soil so that their kids are "entitled" to welfare and Medicare/aid, and if things suddenly got better in thier country, would be gone in a heart beat.
Time ot remove the "benifits by birth" and make them conform to America.
If they want to have a native language only household, that's fine, but in public (school, work, hospitals, ectera, speak the friggin' English language.
If you can't (or are not attempting to learn, and  "Big Mac Supersize" don't cut it) read or speak the language, screw you. You ain't helping.

And this is not aimed at just Hispanics, it towards ALL immigrants who don't make an attempt to fit in.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:29:38 AM EDT
[#18]
My grandfather told me a story about when his father came to America from Italy, thru NYC.
He wanted nothing more than to be an American, worked hard at it in hard times of the early 1900's.
He never gave up his Italian heritage, but lived by the customs and language of the country he loved.
He was proud to become an American.
That's what's different these days, the "new immigrants" are not proud to be Americans, they don't even want to be Americans!!
They just want our MONEY and our FREEDOMS, but not want to work at becoming a CITIZEN!

FUCK THEM ALL!! They sicken me!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:43:18 AM EDT
[#19]
what a prick, here is a little about him and his email. shit like this really annoys me.

Police
Carlos Alvarez, Director
[email protected]

On March 31, 1997, Carlos Alvarez was appointed Director of the Miami-Dade Police Department (MDPD).

He joined the Miami-Dade Police Department in 1976 and was promoted through all the civil service ranks.  He was appointed Police Major in 1985 and has commanded both the Doral and Kendall Districts.

In May 1989, he was appointed Chief of Central Operations Division, which included Doral, Northside and Airport Districts; and Chief of South Operations Division in June 1990, which included Doral, Kendall, Cutler Ridge and Hammocks Districts.  In March 1992, he was appointed to Assistant Director.

During his career he has commanded the Support Services, Investigative Services and Police Services, which includes all administrative, investigative and police operation aspects of the MDPD.

Carlos Alvarez has a wide range of both line and staff experience, and holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration from Florida International University.  He is a graduate of both the Senior Management Institute for Police and the FBI Na­tional Academy.

His professional affiliations include the FBI National Academy, International Association of Chiefs of Police, Florida Police Chiefs Association, Past President of the Dade County Association of Chiefs of Police and Chairperson of the Florida Violent Crime Council and member of the Florida Crime Laboratory Council.   He has received numerous awards during his career for his assistance and support of community and civil organizations and for his professionalism and dedication to the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Carlos Alvarez is a native of Cuba, arriving in the United States with his family at age 8.  He is the father of two sons and one daughter and currently lives in Kendall.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:45:27 AM EDT
[#20]
What happened to my post, did I say something wrong. Mine the the border, what's wrong with that? This is our country!!!! If they want to be part of that then apply for it. Oh by the way that goes for the northern one to.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:04:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Union Bank of California ATMs here have instructions in Spanish, Japanese, and Vietnamese.
View Quote

thats easy to program. make the digital voice is a little more difficult. gotta record someone saying it. then get the computer-voice to properly speak the word pronuciation

you don't want to atm saying "Please enter the amount of assholes you want to withdraw".

--

But on the topic. what the hell do the fools expect? they are in florida, way the heck east of texas/new mexico/arizona where spanish is a second language (not official but so used it is)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top