Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2002 7:12:36 AM EDT
I have a question concerning PWA pre-bans.  A friend of mine is selling his "pre-ban" PWA, complete with collapsable stock and threaded barrel, but it has a serial number in the 40XXX range.  I ran a check on this board, and it says that the cut-off for pre-ban PWA's is 36000.  However, my friend says PWA lowers are pre-ban, as they were all made prior to '94.  What's the deal?  Were the <36000 lowers grandfathered in as assempbled weapons, and the >36000 lowers simply not assembled in time to make the ban?  Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:38:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Your friend is wrong.

The cut off for PWA pre-bans was 35222. Anything after that is post-ban.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Just to be curious, but is it considered post-ban because it wasn't a fully assembled weapon prior to '94 or because it was manufactured after '94??
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Manufacture date.

Some of the <35223 lowers are also post-ban, because they were not fully assembled weapons before the 94 ban went into effect.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top