Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2002 7:34:14 PM EDT
Rode w/local PD as part of a Citizen Academy saturday night. Rode from 9pm to the 11pm shift change, hung out in the report write up room, roll call was across hall, and after roll, officer came in and asked if I was the rider, and off we went. Rode again till 3am, when wife called 911 to find out if I was still riding.

Went to Prom, looking for drunk kids, cruised the local "nudie" bar 4 times, stopped 2 cars in the lot. I initiated a traffic stop, went on a squad call, thought we had a drunk stop to assist on (officer wanted me to see a DUI stop), but the following officer let the tail go. Way TOOOOO much fun though. Week 5 is ERT demo/display of the toys, possible trip to the range. Week 6 is the FATS machine.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good time was had by all!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]
This sounds like a fun thing to do.

To attend the local CPA (Citizen's Police Academy), I have to either live or work in the city. I missed the spring semester-- but am waiting on the fall semester.

Also, in one of the nearby cities, you have to apply and actually reside in that city, then they pick from hundreds of applicants... so its not guaranteed, but they have a much larger class than the city I am in.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#5]
damn i need to look into this.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:26:24 AM EDT
[#6]
The FATS machine is pretty damn cool, but X-box or Playstation 2 has better graphics.[;)]

You should see if you can get involved in a scenario using simunitions Glocks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:06:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The FATS machine is pretty damn cool, but X-box or Playstation 2 has better graphics.[;)]

You should see if you can get involved in a scenario using simunitions Glocks.
View Quote

FATS and Simunitions:
Ooohhhh Yeah,,,,,, [:)]

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Get to see the toys this Thursday (5-23). [b]MP-5's, rifles, flash-bang[/b]. WEEEEE HAAAA!!!!
Can't wait, as long as weather is good, we going to PD range.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#9]
A co-worker who wanted to become a cop went a ride along and told us about it.

He loved it, said it was it was what he was born to do.

Basically, he was high off the power-trip he got playing cop.  It kind of disgusted me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have [b]got[/b] to take time to do this.  
View Quote

You can come ride we me anytime you want [:)]

medcop
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hay Ray,
I want to do a ride along, WITH MY OWN PD!!  I want to sit on the passenger side and watch someone else deal with this shit while I LOL and make fun of the officer!  What do you think about a joint NYPD FPD starter program!!! [;)]

Art in KY
View Quote

Count me in...I'll drive. You can do [b]ALL[/b] the paperwork and buy me dinner, fair enough?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top