Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2002 4:54:10 PM EDT
Hey guys and gals,  don't forget the MG shoot in Virginia on Saturday.  Weather should be good.

I'll be leaving NoVA (Springfield) around 0800.  Got room in the truck for one or two more.  The more the merrier!  Even if you don't have a NFA toy, just bring what you got!

Hite Hollow Shooting Range in the George Washington National Forest
Officially sanctioned National Forest service range outside Staunton, Va.
150 Yard with shooting stations
50 yard separate pistol range right next to rifle range.
Outdoors and unsupervised by rangers
Full auto friendly with room for beltfeds

Note: this is NOT an organized or sponsored event just an invitation to come out and play.

The Hite Hollow Shooting Range is located near Augusta Spring. The range is open from sunrise to sunset. From Staunton, take SR 254 west to Buffalo Gap. Take SR 42 south about 8 miles to Augusta Springs. Take SR 845 about a half mile to FDR 82 and follow this road about 1 mile to the range.

[uzi]

VirginiaM4
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm probably going to leave around 6 to 6:30AM.  It is a 3 hour drive so I should arrive a little after 9am.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Why did I know that 7 was gonna be there....??  See you there!

I'm bringing a NFA newbie with me.  It should be fun to watch him do a long trigger pull for the first time....[:)]

Now, where's that guy with the Tannerite??!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn.  I live in Waynesboro and shoot at that range all the time.  Guess I'll have to make an appearance.

Edited to add:  The pistol range is hardly 50 yards.  More like 25.  The range is "outdoors" but now has a roof structure (but no walls) over both the pistol and rifle ranges.  The roof is situated at almost the perfect angle to amplify reports by 2 (loud, loud, loud).  The benches are one-seaters with a rotating and height-adjustable seat made of steel with wood tops.

As a side note, you better bring your rests and bipods because you'll be shooting uphill at quite an angle.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
any more shooters?  The weather is gonna be great!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#5]
If anybody wants to get down on an ar15.com post-shoot dinner at the Pullman in Staunton, shoot me an email and I'll make reservations for however many respond.  The food is good and they have a bar.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got done cutting some silhouette targets out of plywood....I don't know who will be there, but I'm gonna have some fun!

can't wait til Saturday! [bounce]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Plywood how thick and how large?  Who's going to carry it up that monster hill. [:)]

Anyone have access to a few small pieces of scrap steel?  Would be nice to put a few up at the farthest distance.

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#8]
plywood is quarter inch thick, 24 x 36 inches.  Manageable.  They will weigh less when we bring em back in and they are full of holes.

I have an old boat trailer tire, 15 inch steel rim, with a shredded tire around it (trailer had a blow out while dragging the boat to the lake).  That outta be real good for a target, but kinda heavy to get it out there and back.  I'll bring some rope and we can drag it up the hill.  

Other idea is a couple of old frying pans.  Stick the handle in the ground and blast away.  Hmmm....I'm gonna go check the kitchen.  

Honey!  This old frying pan is SHOT!  We need a new one.  I'll take care of getting rid of the old one......
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Honey!  This old frying pan is SHOT!  We need a new one.  I'll take care of getting rid of the old one......
View Quote

ROFLMAO
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Got one!  7, you sneak one out too and then we'll have 2!

We are leaving here around 0800.  Me, my son Brian, and a friend, Andrew.  Should get there between 12 and 1.

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got one!  7, you sneak one out too and then we'll have 2!

We are leaving here around 0800.  Me, my son Brian, and a friend, Andrew.  Should get there between 12 and 1.

View Quote

12 and 1??  Damn you must drive SLoooow.  [;)]  I'll see about the pans, its a pretty damn good idea, but I'm not sure if I have any old ones.  heh.  I'll definately have a few water jugs tho.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, Chinese looking dude driving a big red truck full of guns, ammo, and a MG....don't need any attention from the state troopers looking for an easy score on Saturday morning.... lotsa potty breaks for the kid.....tried to talk him to using a bottle, but sometimes that gets kinda messy and SMELLY [xx(]

We'll get there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry I won't be able to be there, guys.  Enjoy yourselves, though, and I'll try to catch up next time.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Next time, Fox.  You got more 'potent things to take care of....

Hey Redmanfms, you still coming?

OBTW:  AR15.com is funnier'n hell after two or three scotcj on the rocks...I meant Scothc, yeah, Schotch.  Awl yr Schotch r blong to us....
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Next time, Fox.  You got more 'potent things to take care of....

Hey Redmanfms, you still coming?

OBTW:  AR15.com is funnier'n hell after two or three scotcj on the rocks...I meant Scothc, yeah, Schotch.  Awl yr Schotch r blong to us....
View Quote

Still coming.

Don't have machine guns because my mother (she's the one with the hardware) is going to SC tomorrow.  I will have some of my toys though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 9:24:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll be back in Richmond during the month of January for a rotation.  Please keep me in mind if anyone is doing something during those dates.

Gracias!!

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#18]
trucks loaded up with 4 plywood targets, 2 metal frames, two fence posts, scraps, and one 8 inch frying pan.....

just gotta put the toys and ammo in and we'll be rolling.

see you all there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top