Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2002 3:37:47 PM EDT
so that you can burn it to CD and listen to it on a CD player?

The wife wants to save the MP3 file but I don't know how??

HELP

Thanks in advance guys

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Just go to google and serch for mp3 converters. They convert MP3's to .wav to be burnt onto a CD. Most of the decent ones cost something to download. Might be worth while to buy a MP3 player, you can put alot more of them on a CD.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll need special software to format an audio CD.  Just converting the audio file isn't enough.  What OS are you using?  If it's something UNIX-like, then the program cdrecord is most likely included and will do what you need.z
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]
if your using nero burning rom as your cd burning software it does it automaticly for you.
just drag and drop.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a program called CD-MATE, it works great and does everything... If you look in the right places you may be able to download it free...
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I use W95 and Adaptec for my burner.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
bah! its easy. any decent (or even CHEAPass) CD burning software will do the conversion on the fly for you. open your cd burning proggy, tell it you want a audio disk. now drag/drop your MP3s in the order you want them to be played.
burn it. viloa all done. no conversion crap or special formatting software needed, just good ol regular cd burning software that came with the drive. (EZ-CD/Nero/NTI, all work fine.)
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Most CD burning software should convert it automatically when you specify you are burning a music CD.  The format for standard audio CD's is CDDA not WAV, if use WAV it get's converted also.

Nero is fine, Adaptec Easy CD Creator is still a darn good program to use also.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top