Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2002 12:37:27 PM EDT
...which would be a better defensive weapon in the home:

A) S&W 686P.  7 rounds of .357Mag.

b) SIG P226.  10 rounds of +p JHP 9mm.

I already have my R&D quick access handgun safe bolted to the underside of my steel bed frame.  The only remaining question is A or B.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a close call.

Both handguns should offer excellent reliability, good terminal ballistics, and a double action trigger pull for the first shot.  The SIG does have a little more capacity and the advantage of less flash and blast when fired in a dark room.  It would also probably be easier to equip with night sights.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Well if all else is equal....

That leaves you with the only UNEQUAL question...

The SIG hands down!!!

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#4]
personally, the sig, more capacity, LESS penetration (at room distances this is a GOOD thing) better control, and BTW, firing a .357 indoors will most definately cause some hearing loss.  there are some "armchair experts" that have not heard or seen a shot fired in anger , much less been in one that will tell you that "auditory exclusion" will cause you to not hear the gunshots.
bullshit.
but, heck, when it comes doen to it, use what you can hit consistently with.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I could always load the SW686P with .38 +p.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top