Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2002 11:11:10 AM EDT
Close to where I live there is a huge rock on the side of the interstate. It's been there as long as I can remember back, and it's always been painted with grafitti. Seems like every week the stuff on the rock changes from "Joe loves Mary" or "Fred Sucks" or whatever.

Anyway, I drove by there a month ago and was surprised to see someone had painted a patriotic message on it and mounted a flag. I have driven by it several times since then, and the patriotic message is still standing. I did notice the flag was getting a little worn, so I took one with me last weekend and as I drove by I stopped and changed the it out.

Anyway, it is nice to see the message, and nice it has stayed up so long.

Sorry the pic is so dark, it was getting late when I stopped. The message reads, "We ain't scared"

[img]www.milpubs.com/images/scared.jpg[/img]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you.  You just made my entire day.

P.S.

I am really satcong
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#2]
[marines]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
now THAT is cool. hopefully it stays.
where i grew up there was a bridge abutment that people constantly graffitied on, just like the rock.
it eventually became a symbol of the town (crump MI) and is now done officially, with the permission of the police, so long as it is not profane or offensive. "happy birthday timw" or "jerry r got a 12 point"
pretty hokey, but part of the town.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet, looks cool. What does the left side say?
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
COOL!!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#7]
That picture should be in a magazine or newspaper for more people to see.
I hope the rock survives from anymore further graffiti and that it stays as is.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Last Thanksgiving, I was driving to my folk's place with the wife and the boy. A few miles away from my old hometown, the road passes under a railroad bridge that is always completely covered in graffiti. Well, what do we see, but a police office standing along side his squad car holding a can of spray paint marking up the wall. As we got closer, we could see exactly what he was doing. After Sept. 11th, someone had painted a large American flag on the underpass. Someone must have defaced it, and the cop was repainting the red and white bars. We waved as we passed, and smiled the rest of the way home. Oh, do I wish I had a camera along that day.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sweet, looks cool. What does the left side say?
View Quote

Hrmmm.... Good question, I have never read it. I drive back a different way. I'll have to check it out for you.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#11]
The other side says something like "Class '01" IIRC, drove by it a couple weeks ago and thought it was cool too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top