Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 8:53:39 PM EDT
This is NOT an attempt to sell the gun here in this thread. Other than on the EE here, where is a place I can sell an old rifle.  Here is a pic

Any idea were to find a value of such?

My research tells me its a 6.5mm Carcano M91TS Moschetto per Truppe Speciali (Special Troops carbine).

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
try gunbroker, auctionarms, or gunsamerica as well
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Carcano..similiar to the 'Kennedy rifle'..there you have some pizzazz to help sell it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Looks promising. Thanks!

Any idea were to find a value of such?

My research tells me its a 6.5mm Carcano M91TS Moschetto per Truppe Speciali (Special Troops carbine).

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
You used to be able to get those for about $23 from Kleins Sporting Goods in chicago

ETA:  A 4x scope was $4 more
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm...Maybe $150-$250..Just depends on the rifles condition and rarity..and what whoever wants it is willing to pay.

I paid $65 for a complete, mechanicaly sound, excellent bore condition Carcano cavalry carbine(really short, attached folding bayonet version) a few years back on Auction Arms. Nobody bid against me..I got it for minimum bid.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You used to be able to get those for about $23 from Kleins Sporting Goods in chicago

What year was this?

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

ETA: A 4x scope was $4 more

Through the mail, straight to your door in Irving, Texas, no less.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA: A 4x scope was $4 more

Through the mail, straight to your door in Irving, Texas, no less.

Yeah, just like the $30 M1 Carbines I used to see at the surplus stores - rows and rows of them and my parents wouldn't let me buy one.............

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I sold about 10 Carcano's on surplusrifle.com
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:03:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What year was this?

Early 1963  
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:10:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought one of these rifles when I was a early teenager (Oh how times have changed) it was in perfect shape and I got like a few hundred rounds of ammo with it. I know it didn't cost much then because I bought it with paper route money. I had it for years and years and traded it for a shotgun to go rabbit hunting I believe. An interesting note about this rifle is that it has a "gain-twist" bore which means the rifleing twist starts out slow and then gets tighter at the muzzle. If you decide to sell it I might be interested in buying it for old times sake. PM me.

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 3:22:14 AM EDT
[#13]
OK, I found a model 1891 Mannlicher-Carcano Carbine, 6.5x52mm Carcano cal., Intergrated 6 shot mag. 31" barrel, straight handle, adj. sight, military stock, mfg. in Italian Govt. Arsenals, located in Terni, Brescia, Torre Annuziata, and Torino circa 1891-1918 Approx.3.5-4million mfg. 100%=$175, 98%=150, 95%=$125, 90%=$100, 80%=$85, 70%=$70, 60%=$55 according to the 29th edition of the Blue Book. So you be the judge.

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:35:10 AM EDT
[#14]
If it's a 6.5mm and mot a 7.35mm or whatever...I would by me some Privi ammo and shoot it/keep it....The Carcano is really a pretty good rifle..just ask Oswald.

I take mine out shooting every so often...little short sob...hit's good..squirts fire too..I think the barrel on mine is only 17 inches long os so. You can get new 6 shot clips...I got mine from Numerich..didn't cost too much.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:59:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If it's a 6.5mm and mot a 7.35mm or whatever...I would by me some Privi ammo and shoot it/keep it....The Carcano is really a pretty good rifle..just ask Oswald.

I take mine out shooting every so often...little short sob...hit's good..squirts fire too..I think the barrel on mine is only 17 inches long os so. You can get new 6 shot clips...I got mine from Numerich..didn't cost too much.

Except for finding clips. Or am I thinking of another rifle ? They hold the rounds and drop out the bottom on the last shot
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:02:17 AM EDT
[#16]
http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?75-The-Trader-WTS-and-WTT-listing-board

A good place to sell it and also a good forum to learn more about it.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

i have one in 7.35 have about 65rounds of ammo on clips. Havent shot  it though as the ammo isnt easily found.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:15:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I believe some of these where converted to 8mm and are not safe to shoot
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#19]
The problem with selling a rifle like that online (if the above estimate is accurate) is that the buyer will want you to compensate for shipping and transfer fees.  For example it might be worth $250 to someone sitting in their local shop. But when you factor in shipping a 20 or 30 dollar transfer and the fact that they can't inspect it, the price really gets driven down.

Is it functional and devoid of any major problems as far as you know?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top