Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 3:57:49 PM EDT
two weeks ago. Failed to order all the parts needed for a 5k  chlorine analysis system and didnt realize it till today when maintenance showed up to install it.
FUCK!
I had to overnight the analizer, at 95 bucks' plus the 1200 for the unit.
FUCK!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It happens.

My brother worked for a meat processing plant (boars head meat) and someone ran out of a special lube for one of the machines that is FDA approved. It was the only one that is approved. They had to same day air freight 12 cans of it into the local airport. I forget what he said it cost but it was crazy high.

It had the entire plant shut down because of it. It really hit the fan when corporate found out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Ouch...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Live and learn,  shit happens
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
We overnight and same day stuff all the time.  FedEx loves us!  I sent two 10 lb boxes to NC a year or so ago.  Same day, insured, etc.  Total cost - $950.  Could have bought a seat on a plane for less than that.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#5]
In before anal-izer  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
In my line raw material runs $10-20k a plate with delivery a minumum of three months after order, all the material is custom ordered with pretty much zero excess and most of our projects are JIT with roads shut down and crews standing around idled equipment if we don't hit our schedule.  Thou shalt not screw up bad enough to reorder is definitely the first commandment here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top