Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 3:48:39 PM EDT
I fucking hate neck pain. I cant turn my head at all to the left, and a little to the right.

Fucking blows. Been like this all day.

Pain killers arent doing shit, and I cant seem to loosen it up. Hot shower didnt work. Heating pad. This blows.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
It's just rigor setting in.  Once the T-Virus takes full affect, you won't have any more of those aches and pains.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I was like this a few years ago.

Went to my doc and he took X-Rays only to find out I have degenerated discs in my neck.

Instead of surgery I opted for therapy, and the therapy has done well for 6 years now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Yoga, it helps. Keeps you limber like a Tier 1 ninja. Benefits the wife too.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]
it could be a pinched nerve or your back is out of alignment.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure but if you just hurt your neck I think ice it ,not heat at first to make swelling go down .
Google to make sure .I have a bad neck and get that shit sometimes and it does suck.
Chiropractor can help also.Feel better dude.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I fucking hate neck pain. I cant turn my head at all to the left, and a little to the right.

Pain killers arent doing shit, and I cant seem to loosen it up. Hot shower didnt work. Heating pad. This blows.

Go for a nice bike ride. always helps me for some reason.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Advil is your friend !
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Go for a nice bike ride. always helps me for some reason.  

Id get hit by a car pulling out at a stop sign, since I cant look left.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
it could be a pinched nerve or your back is out of alignment.

Judging by the pain, Im guessing pinched nerve.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Last time I couldn't look left, I ended up with a month and a half of neck traction therapy.  Bad football hit.

Still bothers me 11 years later.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Advil is your friend !

Advil is letting me down tonight.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Last time I couldn't look left, I ended up with a month and a half of neck traction therapy.  Bad football hit.

That sucks. I hope Im not destined to that.

I didnt hit anything, get hit by anything, I didnt fall. I just cant figure out what I did to it.

Bad backs and necks seems to be genetic in my family though. So Im sure Ill have a lifetime of these problems in store for me.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#14]
have your wife try to pull your head off.  might give your neck just enough pull to be able to pop back in place.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Chiropractor.

Have a nerve that gets pinched in my neck every now and then from a jump injury...chiro gets it gone with one visit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
have your wife try to pull your head off.  might give your neck just enough pull to be able to pop back in place.

I had her try to "manipulate" it a bit. She could barely even touch it before severe pain kicked in.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Chiropractor.

Have a nerve that gets pinched in my neck every now and then from a jump injury...chiro gets it gone with one visit.

If its still like this tomorrow, thats my next plan. I havent been there for a few years anyway.

Plus, I love and miss that "Freshly stretched back" feeling.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didnt hit anything, get hit by anything, I didnt fall. I just cant figure out what I did to it.

Bad backs and necks seems to be genetic in my family though. So Im sure Ill have a lifetime of these problems in store for me.

What is your pillow like? I had a thin one without enough support and my neck was sore and would crack when I turned my head. I new fatter one with more support improved things alot.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Try heat http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Rice-Sock

I get pinched nerve in my neck, sometimes this works. You can use it for years.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is your pillow like? I had a thin one without enough support and my neck was sore and would crack when I turned my head. I new fatter one with more support improved things alot.

It is really flat, just as you described. Maybe Ill have to pick a fresh one up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Try heat http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Rice-Sock

I get pinched nerve in my neck, sometimes this works. You can use it for years.

Thanks!

Ill fix one of these up for bed time. That actually looks like it will feel really good.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been through this recently......

Go to a good chiropractor.  It's going to take at least a month to fix.  Neck pain just doesn't start- it's likely muscle or bone.  Ask him what his best prepaid plan is, without insurance.  Do you want to fix the symptoms temporarily or fix the real cause?
Find someone who knows Active Release Technique (Google it- they have a practicioner locator) and electric stimulation.  You'll probably be good with 3 visits a week.  I used to think Chiros were witch doctors, but mine knows what he's doing.

Ice it- don't heat.

If you can force yourself to sleep on your back, do it.  Side is next best.  Don't sleep on your stomach- ever again!

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#23]
It will never get better, necks and backs hate us.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#24]
A few months ago, I had a discectomy done. Luckily, it was just a single.

I feel your pain. It took 3 or 4yrs of some serious pain before I agreed to surgery.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top