Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 2:41:54 PM EDT
Ok so I'm doing a presentation in one of my classes on aliens(Extra-Terrestrials) for those thinking illegal aliens.... yes let's get all of the humor out of the way, so anyway it's for a risk management class and I wanted to discuss several ideas that may cause problems if aliens all of a sudden made themselves public to the entire planet,

Some of my ideas that I wanted to discuss would include things such panic, mass religious hysteria, chaos, economic meltdowns, I forget the terminology but it was pointed out here in the boards that if they brought with them superior technology then that technology would super-cede ours an example would be if they could teleport to any point in the universe then planes, cars, trains and everything else would become irrelevant to us and we would want that form of transportation, other topics include things along the lines of the Andromeda strain and their virus's and diseases etc.

Now I'm kinda drawing a blank and need some help, if anybody can post other issues that I haven't thought of that I could take into account and discuss id greatly appreciate it, thanks.

-Dep
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged for some assistance
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
They could bring diseases we have no defense against.

They could do things "normal" to them that would kill us, like exhaling phosgene gas.

They could...OMFG!...read minds.

Or, in a REAL surprise, show us proof of God's existence.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They could bring diseases we have no defense against.

They could do things "normal" to them that would kill us, like exhaling phosgene gas.

They could...OMFG!...read minds.

Or, in a REAL surprise, show us proof of God's existence.

If they show up without killing us all first, then this is the greatest threat.

We're hanging on by our fingernails as it is.  It only takes slight mutations in existing microbes to start filling up the cemeteries.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top