Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 1:54:17 PM EDT
Been discussing the current events in Egypt with some people. They keep saying that I'm "Demonizing" the Muslim Brotherhood, but I disagree. So whats the consensus, do you all think they are as dangerous as I do? It sure seems to me that they are making a push to take over as much of the world as they can. So, am I being dramatic, or are they crazy bastards a real threat?

Disclaimer: I know that arguing with liberals is like rowing upstream in syrup, but I'm a stubborn asshole...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Thier official response to the Egyptian people re: overthrow of Mubarak: Let's get ready for war with Israel.

Tells me about all I need to know.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Philosophical precursor to Al Qaeda is who one person described them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The Muslim Brotherhood is the precursor of Al Qaeda.

They are the same.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#4]
IMHO, these groups are like a coin.

On one side, they do humanitarian aide, etc...

On the other - not so much.

Me thinks the "kinder, gentler" side of the coin is displayed right now.

YMMV

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Not bad if you like total regulation of life and punitive measures for noncompliance. Maybe that's why liberal defend them - one in the same - have little regard for liberty and freedom.

They are an Islamist group which basically means world under their sphere must be Sharia as described in Qur'an and Sunnah which are the sources of Islam. Some of that includes things against our way of thinking, stoning for adultery, jizya tax for non Muslims, etc. Some is not. Such as charity offensive they do do.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Philosophical precursor to Al Qaeda is who one person described them.

That would be Bob Baer.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Been discussing the current events in Egypt with some people. They keep saying that I'm "Demonizing" the Muslim Brotherhood, but I disagree. So whats the consensus, do you all think they are as dangerous as I do? It sure seems to me that they are making a push to take over as much of the world as they can. So, am I being dramatic, or are they crazy bastards a real threat?

Disclaimer: I know that arguing with liberals is like rowing upstream in syrup, but I'm a stubborn asshole...

Until you know otherwise, always assume a snake is poisonous.

Odds are good they are every bit as bad as you think.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The Huffington Post thinks they're the best thing since skittles and kittens:  Two Cheers for the Brotherhood

The Brotherhood will play a role in that transition. It "brings a lot to the table in its potential to help peacefully establish a consensus government that could supervise elections that the majority of Egyptians would see as legitimate," writes Just Foreign Policy's Robert Naiman. The Brotherhood has a track record and it speaks the language of justice that many Egyptians, from the poor to the middle class, want to hear.

Right now we're seeing the kind, gentle face of the Muslim Brotherhood.  I wonder what will happen after they take over.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I was listening to some moronic "journalist" on the radio yesterday describing the MB as a group with an unknown agenda and how they had been quietly sitting by in Egypt for 50 years without making waves one way or another.

The journalist had an Arabic name.  Hard to say if he had an agenda, too.  

Fareed Zakaria

and fuck yes he has an agenda.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#11]
It is worse, much worse.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#12]
MB wants to set up a global islamic state. Unfountuatly they have many allies in this country
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes very bad.  If Egypt falls to them prepare for the dominos to keep falling.  Israel should be gearing for an all out war.  Obongo is silently embracing this.  I think we should all take the MB's motto to heart and "prepare" ourselves.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#15]
They just sound evil.  Like sand spider.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#16]
They want us and Israel DEAD!

So, no, they are evil.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The Huffington Post thinks they're the best thing since skittles and kittens:  Two Cheers for the Brotherhood

The Brotherhood will play a role in that transition. It "brings a lot to the table in its potential to help peacefully establish a consensus government that could supervise elections that the majority of Egyptians would see as legitimate," writes Just Foreign Policy's Robert Naiman. The Brotherhood has a track record and it speaks the language of justice that many Egyptians, from the poor to the middle class, want to hear.

Right now we're seeing the kind, gentle face of the Muslim Brotherhood.  I wonder what will happen after they take over.

Liberalism is a mental illness as such I can't help but feel sorry for them when they get slaughtered after being useful idiots in this revolution. Happened in Iran and it's beginning to happen in Tunisia.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
MB wants to set up a global islamic state. Unfountuatly they have many allies in this country the White House.

FIFY.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#20]
All you need to know is their dream of an Islamic Caliphate.  Every Islamic terrorist has had connections.

Now when you see the George Soros connection to the latest Egyptian mess, it is bad.  Really bad.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#21]
They want you dead.

Anyone who flies their flag or carries their water either wants you dead or is merely a useful idiot.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#22]
It's bad, like Hamas taking over the Palestinian territory. Except, Egypt has a large, somewhat modern military.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The Huffington Post thinks they're the best thing since skittles and kittens: Two Cheers for the Brotherhood

Right now we're seeing the kind, gentle face of the Muslim Brotherhood. I wonder what will happen after they take over.

a quote from the link:

. It's an essential part of what will be a more diverse politics in the country. For its strains of homophobia and anti-Semitism, the Brotherhood wouldn't get my vote. For its fight against both religious extremism and secular authoritarianism, however, it gets my respect. For the same reason, the Obama administration should give the Muslim Brotherhood two cheers as well.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#24]
They hate the USA, they hate the freedom of the USA.

Sayyid Qutb one of the thinkers that started the MB. BBC documentray
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
MB wants to set up a global islamic state. Unfountuatly they have many allies in this country the White House.

FIFY.

Thanks.I couldnt bring myself to type that.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I would strongly recommend everyone read Milestones by Sayyid Qutb. If there was any doubt left in you about the motives of MB and the organizations they've inspired, they will be erased.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#27]
The header on the Muslim Brotherhood's English website says Freedom... how sweet:
http://www.ikhwanweb.com/

The header on the Muslim Brotherhood's Islamic website says Prepare... notice the writing underneath the crossed swords:

http://www.al-ikhwan.net/

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The Muslim Brotherhood was established in 1928 for the purpose of establishing the worldwide caliphate. In WW II they were the willing allies of the Nazis, carrying out their missions in the Middle East, and as far as I can find were never apologetic for it.

I'd say they still have the exact same philosophy as then only with a little better PR, only a little better, and scads of leftoids in the West who hate their own cultural heritage and democracy and Western religions.

Hey, that's what Glenn Beck just finished saying on the TV.  Damn.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top