Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 11:04:49 AM EDT
This post Ever been behind one of those people... makes me wonder why, when I'm doing 5+ over the speed limit, I can't see their headlights because they're on my ass?  Pass or get off my ass!

ETA:  Two lane road.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure, plenty of times.. but then I'm usually moving into the far right lane so they can go play their aggressive driver games.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#2]
If youre going well over the speed limit on a 2 lane road,and you cant see head lights.....Its grounds for a brake check down to the legal speed limit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Nobody minds people driving slow in the right lane, or driving slow on a one-lane road but pulling off occasionally to let folks by.

What we mind is people impeding the flow of traffic by driving slow in the left lane or deliberately blocking the only lane.

You're not the only person in the world, and sometimes other people have to get somewhere quickly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#4]
assuming i am passing someone ... yes it pisses me off

in before the GET OUT OF MY WAY I WANT TO GO 145mph crowd
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
What you did there...

...I see it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Tires kick up rocks sometimes.  Keep a couple in your drink holder.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This post Ever been behind one of those people... makes me wonder why, when I'm doing 5+ over the speed limit, I can't see their headlights because they're on my ass?  Pass or get off my ass!

ETA:  Two lane road.

And are you in the left lane or right lane?

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Around here they're called "Texans."
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#9]
if you'd get outta my way i wouldn't ride your ass
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#10]
It's even worse on a four lane road with no traffic
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Why yes. Some lady (turned out to be from Maryland) thought it was a good idea to do that to me while I was doing the speed limit on an icy road in bad weather. And I was in a Mustang, which does not like ice and snow on roads.

It's like, there's no fucking way I'm going any faster. The road conditions blow. And if you slide into my ass and hurt my new Mustang I'm eating your children.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#12]
If I am already speeding and someone is riding my ass on the road and are unwilling to pass me, I usually will slow down to the speed limit just to piss them off.  If they want to tailgate me, there will be consequences.  Hitting the brakes works well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#13]
When I'm going a reasonable speed and somebody begins riding my ass, .... I slow down. . . .. . and I slow down . . . ..  and I slow down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top