Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 10:36:27 AM EDT
I miss them from time to time..I remember watching these two bands (Styx and REO) live back in 1979. I miss the simple things occasionally. Feel free to add you H.S. days too.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#1]
take it on the run!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell , I don't remember my HS days....
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

take it on the run!

Yup...turn it up wide open!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You're probably sniffing too much fertilizer!! Wear protection and maybe it'll all come back?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#5]
heh, 1979... the year I was born.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Geez.....HS Daze was more like it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're probably sniffing too much fertilizer!! Wear protection and maybe it'll all come back?

I think it might have been what we were doing back then !
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]
High school sucked.

College was where it was at.  I miss being 19, playing in a rock band, drinking for free at the bars we played, smoking way too many cigarettes, having 4-day keggers, and living on $700 a month.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#9]
My fondest high school memories consist of playing around with Bunsen Burners, using the weights room, and floating pots of yoghurt with bangers in them down the stream.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I feel so old, I still remember the Beatles perform on the Ed Sullivan show, when they 1st appeared in the USA.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#11]
My first day of high school band.  As a new drummer I was sent on a wild goose chase for most of the morning until I finally caught up with the rest of the line.  They were hanging out in a senior's Chrysler Imperial listening to the Ramones.  And thus began my rapid slide downhill into the world of drumming.  

A couple of buddies talked me into trying out for cheerleader with them.  It was a bet designed to get one of them into one of the female cheerleader's pants.  We hit the weight room, tried out, made the varsity squad.  My father was mortified.  I didn't necessarily love the concept until we rolled into the Cheerleader Camp put on at Ohio State.  The ratio was approx 200 females to every male.  And we were locked in the dorms with them at night because there were only three of us and how much harm could that cause.  I came away from that experience with a whole new world view.

My dad finally saw the light when the cheerleaders from schools all over the region started seeking out the three of us to try the really cool aerial stunts that we were pulling with our girls.  It almost got to the point where I was tired of all that tail wagging all over the place.  You had to be careful on some stuff because they'd get all excited and get all slippery.  I learned an awful lot about the female anatomy and it's response to stimuli that year.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I dont  HS sucked.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#13]
HS was awesome (Prolly because I was getting laid daily by some hot bitch and kicking ass at sports).
I cant watch Dazed and Confused
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#14]
After school surf sessions at Wayside park, back in the 80s before they cleaned it up.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#15]
My time was mixed.  Some good some bad.  At least I got a good education that prepared me for college and later in life.  My only regret was the girl I had that ungodly crush on, that I never had the courage to ask her out then years later.  I still fondly remember her.  But I could probably walk right by her and not recognize her.  She could still be beautifull or 300 lbs and a mustache and I would not know.  Still I cannot complain and there are other ladies out there.  Come to think of it, best wished to ALL THE LADIES OUT THERE
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

After school surf sessions at Wayside park, back in the 80s before they cleaned it up.

Waysted side park..I know.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#17]
80's rock

Blaring out of the windows of one of these...

Nuff said
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#18]
High school sucked.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

80's rock

http://www.transamflorida.com/79spec1.jpg

Nuff said

I liked the '78 Bandit car better..the '79 and that front end..yuk! But they were coool.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

High school sucked.

Whats up Deej? When did you graduate? And do you remember when I did?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
80's rock

Nuff said

I liked the '78 Bandit car better..the '79 and that front end..yuk! But they were coool.

10 year Anniversary Edition....was my buddies, not mine. Actually had two friends with the same exact car...both in metalic silver color....silver tinted T-tops....I miss those days.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#22]
the 80's were the best years
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

80's rock

Nuff said

10 year Anniversary Edition....was my buddies, not mine. Actually had two friends with the same exact car...both in metalic silver color....silver tinted T-tops....I miss those days.

My senior year..all the rich kids were driving new Z's, Trans Am's, Firebird's with that gay blue, Corvette anniversary, Pinto's and big jacked up trucks. Glass packs and open exhaust..amazing days back then.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I have no desire to return to the claustrophobic  past where I wasn't in charge of my day-to-day affairs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#25]
1976-7, senior year.

Gas was under $1.

Population of San Diego County (where I grew up) was just over 500k.

Saw these guys in concert:

Rush
and
Nugent

This tool was elected President:

This fuck was just starting his first term as Governor:
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#26]
HS? Hell, that was back in the early '60s... back when the air was clean and sex was dirty!  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Wasn't it Frank Zappa who said, "High School isn't a time or a place––-it's a state of mind."

No interest in returning to that time. . . prisoner of others perceptions of you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I was nothing in high school.

Now fast forward.

Went to my 45th reunion.  Went with my girlfriend and took three hours of Argentine tango music and danced the whole time.  Most of the people were stove up (crippled), drinking and unable to dance.

I vaguely recognized my prom date - she had gained 80 pounds.

I saw the girl that I had a crush on when I was 8 years old.  I now had more hair that she!  I left muttering "Thank you God for crushing my illusions".

For all you guys who hated high school, it is not too late to do something now for yourself.  Get in shape.  Outliving the others is the sweetest revenge.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Graduated late 80s.  HS was a blast. Played football & basketball. Partied like a rock star and got a lot of tail. can't complain one bit

ETA: No, I did not grow up inVT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top