BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 10:55:13 PM EDT
http://www.ktvu.com/news/26684978/detail.html

Authorities Concerned About Rising Popularity Of Brightly-Painted Firearms

MARTINEZ, Calif. –– Police were
issuing a warning Monday night about a growing trend of guns being
painted in vivid colors that make real firearms appear to be toys.

Authorities were concerned about the difficulty of telling the difference between these brightly colored real guns and fakes.

At
Canyon Sports in Martinez, gun enthusiasts have the option of buying
several guns that are painted in the brighter, more feminine colors
aimed at female gun owners.

"Most of the pink guns are toward breast cancer awareness," said Canyon Sports owner Ron Kennedy.

You're all gonna die in a hail of police bullets.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Ban paint!  
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
cuz krylon is some new uber special thing

fucking tards
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck it, I'm painting my mosin dark red.  Anyone who has anything to say gets the response, "it's the blood of people who asked too many questions and were beaten to death by my tactical boat oar".
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh. Lord.

First they're too black, now they're too pink.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to show up on their range with this:

or this:

I'm a prick that way.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd like to show up on their range with this:

http://www.huntingpictures.net/data/516/2296AR15JohnDeere-med.JPG

or this:

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/07/18/dewalt-m16-2.jpg

I'm a prick that way.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
That sucks for the police...

Some punk has a real gun with the muzzle painted orange... you see that and do not shoot - you get shot.

Some punk points an airsoft gun with the muzzle painted orange... you see that and shoot because you got shot last time - you get f'd.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Some punk has a real gun with the muzzle painted orange... you see that and do not shoot - you get shot.

Some punk points an airsoft gun with the muzzle painted orange... you see that and shoot because you got shot last time - you get f'd.

Keyword there.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a suggestion for LEO's............if someone points a gun at you, no matter what color the firearm, shoot that person. If you shoot a kid with a fake gun, go shoot his parents for not teaching them not to point guns at cops, then shoot the grandparents for having children. I'm sure that policy wouldn't take long to get people to act with common sense.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:16:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Not really new, NYC has already pulled this shit on Lauer Custom Weaponry and others -

Mayor Bloomberg unveiled new legislation yesterday to solidify the city's crusade against illegal guns, taking direct aim at "coloration kits" that can make guns look like toys.

"Just think about how sick it is," Bloomberg said. "What possible reason can you give to want to paint a gun so it looks like a child's toy gun, other than to put a police officer in one of those impossible positions?"

"People will do a lot of twisted things to make a buck," he said of the companies that are selling the products. "This probably sets a new low and we are going to stop it."

Appearing with City Council Speaker Christine Quinn (D-Manhattan), Bloomberg outlined four pieces of legislation that will require gun criminals to register with the NYPD, much like sex offenders currently do; limit the sale of handguns to one per person every three months; require gun dealers to inventory their weapons twice a year, and ban the use or sale of gun-coloration kits.

The penalty for violating any of these laws is a year behind bars and/or a $1,000 fine. The legislation will be formally introduced in the City Council next week.

At the press conference, Bloomberg displayed products he said were designed to color guns in a variety of bright fluorescent shades from three companies: KG Industries of Hayward, Wis., Brownells of Montezuma, Iowa, and Lauer Custom Weaponry of Chippewa Falls, Wis.

Joe Fazio, owner of KG Industries, called the mayor's rebuke "slanderous."

"It's unfortunate that Mayor Bloomberg chose to disparage good people for his own political gain. He knows nothing about my business," Fazio said. "It's politics as usual."

Steven Lauer of Lauer Custom Weaponry said, "I'm not aware of anybody ever using our product to do something other than good."

Lauer said his company offers 80 different colors and that they're used by hunters, competition shooters, rangemasters and governments.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:43:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Maybe they shouldn't have started that stupid shit about painting muzzles orange in the first place.  Anyone who didn't see the danger of making toy guns have orange muzzles is a fool.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:15:32 AM EDT
[#12]

I built my wife this one to get her to go to the range with me more, I'm sure she'll be thrilled to find out that the pink color actually makes her rifle even more likely to commit a crime or kill a police... I hope she doesn't catch on to my diabolical plan! Damn you Bloomberg, I woulda got away with it if it wasn't for you and those meddling kids!

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:20:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Those brightly colored cars too. They may go faster.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:24:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got a suggestion for LEO's............if someone points a gun at you, no matter what color the firearm, shoot that person. If you shoot a kid with a fake gun, go shoot his parents for not teaching them not to point guns at cops, then shoot the grandparents for having children. I'm sure that policy wouldn't take long to get people to act with common sense.

Alas, I fear it is not to be...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:38:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oh. Lord.

First they're too black, now they're too pink.

This.  Black and grey are "scary" colors while bright colors are also bad?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:46:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Thankfully , Dianne (my better half) hates pink guns .

I remember pointing a bright-pink lower out to her , and saying " I can make yours look like that ...." , she looked at me like I had offered her a bite of a turd sandwich.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:46:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hopefully police would be trained to respond with the use of deadly force to anything pointed at them that looks like a firearm. It would suck to have to shoot someone that it turned out was pointing airsoft at you, but in the moment that would be a good shoot IMO.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:56:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It's a well known fact that red cars go faster...

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:58:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's true.......just ask an insurance agent
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:59:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So does that mean that if you stick on those air intakes that come from the parts store on a yellow car, it's like a NFA item?

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:49:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Thankfully , Dianne (my better half) hates pink guns .

I remember pointing a bright-pink lower out to her , and saying " I can make yours look like that ...." , she looked at me like I had offered her a bite of a turd sandwich.

Really.  This is as close to pink I would ever get.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"Just think about how sick it is," Bloomberg said. "What possible reason can you give to want to paint a gun so it looks like a child's toy gun, other than to put a police officer in one of those impossible positions?"

Yes.  There could be no other possible reason to do anything fun than to put a police officer at risk.
The reason my wife loves her SAR-3 is the bright orange Bakelite magazines.  Well, that and the fact she gets to say "AK means 'Attack Kitty'" to other moms at preschool functions.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#23]
The media meme is: All guns are bad!
Get with the program folks. Logic isn't required, what was said yesterday is irrelevant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top