Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/31/2011 8:35:34 PM EDT
SEC. 3. PROHIBITION ON KNOWINGLY POSSESSING A FIREARM NEAR A VENUE AT WHICH A MEMBER OF CONGRESS IS PERFORMING AN OFFICIAL AND REPRESENTATIONAL DUTY OR CAMPAIGNING FOR PUBLIC OFFICE.

(a) Prohibition- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(aa)(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), it shall be unlawful for any person, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, to knowingly carry a firearm––

`(A) in, or within 250 feet of an entrance to or exit from, a building or structure where the person knows that a Member of Congress is––

`(i) performing an official and representational duty of the Member;

`(ii) engaging in campaign activity as a candidate for election for Federal office for purposes of the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971; or

`(iii) engaging in campaign activity as a candidate for election for State or local office, as determined pursuant to State law; or

`(B) at, or within 500 feet of, any other place where the person knows that a Member of Congress is performing such a duty or engaging in such a campaign activity,

if there is visible, at each place that is at the applicable distance specified in this sentence from the building, structure, or other place, a sign which clearly and conspicuously states that a Member of Congress will be present at the building, structure, or other place, and so states the time interval during which the Member of Congress is scheduled to be so present.

`(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the carrying of a firearm––

`(A) by a law enforcement officer (whether on- or off-duty) who is authorized to carry a firearm in the line of duty; or

`(B) pursuant to the express written permission of––

`(i) any Member of Congress present at the location involved, which permission has been filed with the chief of police of the locality involved; or

`(ii) the chief of police of the locality involved;

`(C) on real property owned or rented by the carrier of the firearm;

`(D) on the premises of a business in which the carrier of the firearm is employed and authorized by the employer to carry the firearm; or

`(E) which is in a locked container or otherwise not readily accessible for use.

H.R.367  Freedom to Serve Without Fear Act of 2011 (Introduced in House - IH)
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Problem solved.  I am sure that will stop some evil doer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Concealed means concealed.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
SEC. 3. PROHIBITION ON KNOWINGLY POSSESSING A FIREARM NEAR A VENUE AT WHICH A MEMBER OF CONGRESS IS PERFORMING AN OFFICIAL AND REPRESENTATIONAL DUTY OR CAMPAIGNING FOR PUBLIC OFFICE.

(a) Prohibition- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(aa)(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), it shall be unlawful for any person, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, to knowingly carry a firearm––

`(A) in, or within 250 feet of an entrance to or exit from, a building or structure where the person knows that a Member of Congress is––

`(ii) engaging in campaign activity as a candidate for election for Federal office for purposes of the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971; or

`(iii) engaging in campaign activity as a candidate for election for State or local office, as determined pursuant to State law; or

`(B) at, or within 500 feet of, any other place where the person knows that a Member of Congress is performing such a duty or engaging in such a campaign activity,

if there is visible, at each place that is at the applicable distance specified in this sentence from the building, structure, or other place, a sign which clearly and conspicuously states that a Member of Congress will be present at the building, structure, or other place, and so states the time interval during which the Member of Congress is scheduled to be so present.

`(A) by a law enforcement officer (whether on- or off-duty) who is authorized to carry a firearm in the line of duty; or

`(i) any Member of Congress present at the location involved, which permission has been filed with the chief of police of the locality involved; or

`(D) on the premises of a business in which the carrier of the firearm is employed and authorized by the employer to carry the firearm; or

`(E) which is in a locked container or otherwise not readily accessible for use.

Not gonna pass.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Never waste a good tragedy
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Pffffft:  Now thats retarded,   Hows any one gonna try to stop events like what happened in AZ whilst unarmed.  Just creates a new free fire zone for the scumbags and idiot wackos.    Dumber than Dirt.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#6]
No exemption for the US military either
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]
sounds like a bill with intent to break up tea party rallies.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]
This is a fantastic start!

Now if they would only pass some laws to make it illegal to assault, murder, rob or rape someone - think of how much that would cut down on violent crime!

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Pffffft:  Now thats retarded,   Hows any one gonna try to stop events like what happened in AZ whilst unarmed.  Just creates a new free fire zone for the scumbags and idiot wackos.    Dumber than Dirt.

This.  

I think instead they should pass a bill that requires everyone to carry at all times, everywhere.  That way, every whacko would know that he was going to face stiff opposition to any crime he plans to commit.  

Even the dumbest souls can figure out that if everyone they see can kill them, committing a violent crime will not work out well.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#10]
So fucking stupid.

An armed society is a polite society.

When are these liberal fucks going to understand that mankind is violent. Man has been violent since creation and it ain't gonna change.

You best be armed if you want to survive. Stupid little-minded liberal fucks don't have a fucking clue. They need to get a fucking clue and open their pea fucking brains.

I swear these motherfuckers live in damn bubble.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, so fucking stupid!!!

If somebody was armed at that event, they could have ventilated that motherfucker before he killed anybody else.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Why don't they just make it against the law to murder people?

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#12]

This Commerce Clause shit has got to stop.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#13]

That 250 feet barrier would have save JFK.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Not going to pass.  I wouldn't obey anyway.  I was in Kansas over Christmas.  Kansans will get this: I promise I wasn't carrying a Beretta.  I saw no "no Glock" signs, though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It also means you can't do anything that draws police attention to yourself like ask your senator or presidential candidate tough questions. If this law was enacted before obama was elected or the health care town halls all those people we saw dragged out of them for asking the Dem's questions they didn't want to answer would still be in prison if they happened to be armed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got an awesome idea!

Why don't we just make it illegal to shoot people!!!

OMFG,why hasn't anyone ever thought of that?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#17]
It's not going to pass and if it did it will be rule unconstitutional. Congressman/woman are mobile thus causing a lot of problems to these kind of laws.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#18]
So much fucking fail.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Do these idiots not realize that if someone is contemplating mass murder or assassination they don't give a flip about a law? All this will do is stop the guy who can affect the amount of bloodshed by taking action from doing so.

FAIL
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Peter King is a douchenozzle...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Yup....that would have helped the chick in AZ!! The guy only did it because there wasn't a law on the books that says you cannot carry a gun near an elected asshole...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a picture of me shaking hands with then Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich at a rally and I was carrying at the time.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Why don't we stop beating around the bush, and just make it illegal to murder people...oh, wait.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#24]
This law will put a magic barrier of protection around the elected officials, and automatically make the common man feel like he doesn't need to carry his Glock to a rally
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#25]
yeah, good luck enforcing that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

"I didn't know they where my/a representative." And you better damn well believe that is defensible in court, ask 100 Americans to name their rep. and I bet only a few can, and fewer still could visually identify them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not gonna pass.

how about we make it a felony, for a member of congress, to come within 300 feet of a gun..//sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't see this going anywhere. What if the congress person comes to you? Can congress people not go to gun stores or ranges?

Dumb shit if you ask me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Oh ffs... you gotta be shittin me.  What's next, bodyguards?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I don't see this going anywhere. What if the congress person comes to you? Can congress people not go to gun stores or ranges?

Dumb shit if you ask me.

especially considering many republican events have people carrying and the representatives themselves support it.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Unfortunately it's already illegal to carry at a rally or protest here in NC.  I really doubt this bill is going to make it anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Unfortunately it's already illegal to carry at a rally or protest here in NC.  I really doubt this bill is going to make it anywhere.

Right.  Because silly - even unconstitutional - bills never get out of committee, much less pass through the legislature.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't think assasin's pay much attention to the laws, so what exactly will this accomplish, other than arresting gun owners who didn't know Congressman Schmukatelli was nearby?!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I think they should make murder illegal. That would stop people from attempting to kill public officials.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Now if they would only pass some laws to make it illegal to assault, murder, rob or rape someone - think of how much that would cut down on violent crime!

This is how I feel.  Another piece of paper that is supposed to make people feel secure.  Just look at how many DV assaults and stalkers are stopped by those papers...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Fuck 'em in the ass with a rolled up Bill of Rights.*

*The Bill of Rights is a series of limitations on the power of the United States federal government, protecting the natural rights of liberty and property including freedom of speech, a free press, free assembly, and free association, as well as the right to keep and bear arms...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:17:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Pass or not, this bill will be used to embarrass the opposition simply for opposing it on solid principal, not to mention yet another (of thousands) feel good useless public safety laws.  Commie libs are great at presenting these kind of bills.

"If you don't support this, then you're for making it easy to kill our elected officials"
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:06:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

when did this happen?

eta: thought the law only applied to public places where admission is charged for entrance, places that sell alcohol to be consumed on premise, schools/education facilities, .gov property.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:09:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:12:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Freedom to Serve Without Fear Act of 2011

I hate so much the names that get attached to laws.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

aint that the truth
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:14:36 AM EDT
[#42]
How is this going to stop 'snipers'?  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:18:46 AM EDT
[#43]
I was actually arrested at the Capitol Building about fifteen years ago for possession of ammunition.  Was kinda concerned that it would have some bearing on the approval of my tax stamp last week, but it was approved.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:20:13 AM EDT
[#44]
What makes this so laughable is the fact that Loughner actually researched the law and penalties before he committed the act. I'm certain that if this law had been in place, it would have stopped him........................

I think we should make politicians wear t-shirts with the law printed front & back in English and Spanish just so people know it's against the law to hurt them...............
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:20:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Idiots
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:36:34 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

-Thomas Jefferson

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:16:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
-Thomas Jefferson

Yep.  They should fear us.  They're fucking us in the ass on a daily basis.  They've gotta wonder who the next guy will be to tip over the edge and go full retard.  That's one of the fundamental checks on their power.  I kind of like it.  

In before some congresscritter realizes how close 250 feet is.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#48]
The RIGHT of the PEOPLE to KEEP and BEAR arms shall NOT BE INFRINGED.

Unconstitutional.  Screw em.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Oh ffs... you gotta be shittin me.  What's next, bodyguards?

Probably I heard they are trying to decide whether to call their body guards the Security Attachment or the Security Section.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

H.R.367 Freedom to Serve Without Fear Act of 2011 (Introduced in House - IH)

-Thomas Jefferson

First thing that came to mind.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top