Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2011 2:51:40 PM EDT
Has anyone ever used the Universal clip-draw? I want to give it a try on my KHAR cw9. I am just worried about if it would cause any problem with the function of the firearm. I do not want to put it on than have to take it right back off, but if I do will it leave marks on my stainless slide?

Please let me know anything else about them as well, Ive already searched and havent found anything. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on a Kahr P40 Covert.  Works well, still fits into its Nemesis pocket holster and Sparks Summer Special IWB holster.
Does not interfere with functioning at all, but interferes just a little with handling –– the spring is powerful on that little gun, and it's hard enough to retract the slide as it is.  The clip interferes with getting a strong grip on the slide.  TapRackBang is not going to be a fast operation.  Loading/unloading the chamber takes some finger strength, and you better be very careful about muzzle direction and trigger finger position when you are doing all that vigorous slide-yanking.  IMO, though, it's worth it; a useful addition to the gun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have one on a Kahr P40 Covert.  Works well, still fits into its Nemesis pocket holster and Sparks Summer Special IWB holster.
Does not interfere with functioning at all, but interferes just a little with handling –– the spring is powerful on that little gun, and it's hard enough to retract the slide as it is.  The clip interferes with getting a strong grip on the slide.  TapRackBang is not going to be a fast operation.  Loading/unloading the chamber takes some finger strength, and you better be very careful about muzzle direction and trigger finger position when you are doing all that vigorous slide-yanking.  IMO, though, it's worth it; a useful addition to the gun.

Thank you very much, I agree with you about the strength of the spring. I think Ill put it on, with my Galco Stow and Go I need to wear a large t shirt or a hoodie to ccw. Hopefully with this clipdraw I can ccw with a medium shirt and cargo shorts, at least in the summer and spring.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top