Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2011 2:02:51 PM EDT
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41339874?GT1=43001

strangled of course.     in the chapel.    and other things......

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll never understand why women are working in a men's prison
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

That's the same question I was asking myself. Since when has this become standard practice, let alone allowed at all?

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
i believe she had complained about the lack of more officers in the area due to lay offs but the complaints fell on deaf ears. Hope the polititions sleep well tonight at least THEY ALL went home safe !  
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the same question I was asking myself. Since when has this become standard practice, let alone allowed at all?

Feminisom , they are equal  and can do anything a man can do.

You never got the message.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i believe she had complained about the lack of more officers in the area due to lay offs but the complaints fell on deaf ears. Hope the polititions sleep well tonight at least THEY ALL went home safe !  

You're a retired CO aren't you?
I couldn't do that job! I would be a fry cook if that's what I had to do

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Feminisom , they are equal  and can do anything a man can do.

You never got the message.

this.   they can even do it better.    

oh    post 2000
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Correctional officers don't have guns?  Or do they?  How does that work?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It started in Virginia's male prisons in the early 80s. There were a few before then but mostly they were several gates removed from the general population. Of course they worked as matrons at women's prisons. I can tell you from bitter experience it is the very worse thing done in Corrections in the past 100 years.

By and large female security staff are the most unreliable, back-stabbing, and hateful things to walk on two legs.....And that is the "good" ones. The rest are soon under control by convicts till they are caught at something. Male staff always end up pulling the female's work load. Female's kid sick and they are gone. Male staff kid is sick.....tough s..t!

I quit counting the number fired for sex acts, drug running, marrying, and otherwise cavorting with convicts. We even caught one trying to get a .38 out of the armory into the compound for a convict she fell in lust with. Thank God a jealous convict snitched her out and we caught her.

If they are not doing that they are constantly positioning themselves for promotion by snitching male officers out on trivial things and sexing-up their superiors for cushy posts. I'm not even going  to go on about how hard they are to work with in general. I'm glad I retired. Female staff put many a gray hair on this old head.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Only in towers.
Too dangerous inside the blocks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Very sad.  Must have been horrific for her at the end.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If they can serve as combat troops, why not.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Remember this when women are serving in combat billets in the US military, and our opponents don't adhere strictly to the norms of the Law of Armed Conflict and the Geneva Convention.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Had she triggered the silent alarm it may not have made much of a difference. When you hit the little orange button it sends out a signal relaying your need for assistance, but that's all. No location is given. If she was marked out at a specific location then the other officers would have known where to go, at least. But if she was roving that would have been a lot of area to cover.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only in towers.

Towers, roving patrol, transport, hospital/court duty, gun gangs (work gangs), and escapes are the instances where officers are issued weapons. Weapons training once a year. Yeah they are more of a danger to themselves or bystanders than the darn convicts for the most part.

I hazard to guess maybe two out of ten has any real level of proficiency with weapons. I always worried that if I was attacked on the yard I was just as likely to get shot as the damn convict. I've seen tower officers do weird things to their weapons over the years too.

One thing I fought against for years was putting "dead weight" in towers or roving patrol and you guessed it they always wanted to put some lame-assed woman on those posts to get rid of them. I flat refused to do it on night shift. I wanted the best available at night. That said it was often hard to cull through the ten to get the two sometimes.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only in towers.

This.

And when we do get guns for outstide transports, it's a .38 and a taser.

On the block i have my keys, destination sheet and a pen...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only in towers.

But that wont stop them from playing with friendly weapons
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Research how our head of DHS,  as Az Gov,   NEGOTIATED with prisoners that had CO's as hostages.

Snipers on scene could have taken the two scumbags out yet she refused to allow it.  Her carpet munching friend was appointed by her to be State DOC director,   they gave beer and pizza to the hostage takers,  and they raped that poor female CO for days...

They then gave the inmates what they wanted,  and in doing so put every other CO at risk...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It started in Virginia's male prisons in the early 80s. There were a few before then but mostly they were several gates removed from the general population. Of course they worked as matrons at women's prisons. I can tell you from bitter experience it is the very worse thing done in Corrections in the past 100 years.

By and large female security staff are the most unreliable, back-stabbing, and hateful things to walk on two legs.....And that is the "good" ones. The rest are soon under control by convicts till they are caught at something. Male staff always end up pulling the female's work load. Female's kid sick and they are gone. Male staff kid is sick.....tough s..t!

I quit counting the number fired for sex acts, drug running, marrying, and otherwise cavorting with convicts. We even caught one trying to get a .38 out of the armory into the compound for a convict she fell in lust with. Thank God a jealous convict snitched her out and we caught her.

If they are not doing that they are constantly positioning themselves for promotion by snitching male officers out on trivial things and sexing-up their superiors for cushy posts. I'm not even going  to go on about how hard they are to work with in general. I'm glad I retired. Female staff put many a gray hair on this old head.

So that's what I've been doing wrong all this time.
Instead of working & being good, I should have been robbing banks. I'd get guns & sex
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#19]
No shit she didn't trip the alarm, she had other things on her mind like getting garrotted
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Research how our head of DHS,  as Az Gov,   NEGOTIATED with prisoners that had CO's as hostages.

Snipers on scene could have taken the two scumbags out yet she refused to allow it.  Her carpet munching friend was appointed by her to be State DOC director,   they gave beer and pizza to the hostage takers,  and they raped that poor female CO for days...

They then gave the inmates what they wanted,  and in doing so put every other CO at risk...

When was this? What happened exactly?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Link? Curious to know more.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only in towers.

This.

Are you issued a whistle? Over the years I've nipped more developing incidents in the bud with a blast on a ACME Thunderer than any amount of yelling or wishful thinking could have ever done.

In formation before shift change that was one of the first things I checked for before issuing post assignments. Other than their brain, keys, and radio the old whistle is the best piece of equipment a officer can have.

Point of Order.......Only convicts refer to officers as COs......if you let them. I never allowed that disrespectful convict slang to take hold with my officers when they refered to each other and would never answer a convict when he refered to me in that manner. Rank followed by last name or just rank or they were ignored. They soon caught on. I know it sounds like a Barbra Boxer moment but you use all the tools available to you when dealing with convicts..

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

...more developing innocents...

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a friend who is a CO. He looks like he could tinker with a car engine with one hand while holding the car up with the other. I still wonder how he can go to work there. I accepted a job at a prison, and fortunately, got a better offer elsewhere before I started. Prison!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
...more developing innocents...

Fixed it......Darn spell check.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I have been working in Corrections for almost 18 years. I am sorry for the loss. The fact she was alone in a Chapel makes me make this face. She was in a position considered to be preferred by staff. ie: not in a cell block. That is a position (duty post) staff would ask for in most cases.
Several female police officers have been killed while working alone in the last year.
Equal rights also means having to work dangerous places if you CHOOSE to be a Correctional Officer or LEO.

I hate she got killed. The fact that she is a female means nothing to me.

Jim

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#28]
just like any job, fat slobs are fat slobs and lazy cunts are lazy cunts. We have some fantastic female officers where I work, some....not so much, just like the men.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only in towers.

This.

Are you issued a whistle? Over the years I've nipped more developing incidents in the bud with a blast on a ACME Thunderer than any amount of yelling or wishful thinking could have ever done.

In formation before shift change that was one of the first things I checked for before issuing post assignments. Other than their brain, keys, and radio the old whistle is the best piece of equipment a officer can have.

Point of Order.......Only convicts refer to officers as COs......if you let them. I never allowed that disrespectful convict slang to take hold with my officers when they refered to each other and would never answer a convict when he refered to me in that manner. Rank followed by last name or just rank or they were ignored. They soon caught on. I know it sounds like a Barbra Boxer moment but you use all the tools available to you when dealing with convicts..

We get issued a chrome "referee" whistle. Never seen it used or been told of stories of its use.
It's C.O. or Officer if you would like to conversate with me.
Nothing that pisses me off more than when one of them uses that "dam cops" bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
just like any job, fat slobs are fat slobs and lazy cunts are lazy cunts. We have some fantastic female officers where I work, some....not so much, just like the men.

Bingo.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only in towers.

This.

We get issued a chrome "referee" whistle. Never seen it used or been told of stories of its use.
It's C.O. or Officer if you would like to conversate with me.
Nothing that pisses me off more than when one of them uses that "dam cops" bullshit.

Conversate....Surely you jest.

Ask some old schoolers about the whistle. Believe me it works. That said we did many things on the whistle. The convicts knew to pay attention when it was sounded. Back when we had road gangs the convicts knew to instantly hold in place when they heard it. When one ran it would suffice as the warning before lead headed his way. No such thing as a warning shot in a safe direction back then.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top