Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2011 1:33:50 PM EDT
I am looking for a new upper in 223.  It will be a precision gun, paper puncher so accuracy is what I want.

I was looking around and came across J&T.  They have this http://jtdistributing.net/store/more_ar570.html and it looks nice and so does the price.  After all the bells and whistles it is still under $800.

But I have been very impressed with LaRue, I don't have one or have ever even shoot/seen one but I am impressed with the company.  I don't like the $1,200 price tag for a Stealth though I believe they are worth it.

Help me with personal experience with either gun.  I am liking the J&T but don't know anything about the products or company.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I like LaRue, but if you're feeling cost conscious, have you looked at, say, ADCO?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I like LaRue, but if you're feeling cost conscious, have you looked at, say, ADCO?

No I have not, I will though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#3]
No help from the GD?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No help from the GD?

I think they'll be along, its not quittin' time yet in all time zones.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a DPMS bull barrel that is very accurate, but it's certainly not as nice as an OBR.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody shoot both or at least one of these?

I would love a Stealth but the J&T would be $500 less...

That I can swallow and it won't hurt like $1,200 would. But would like anyones experience with at least the J&T for accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Opps, DT
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
The 20" Larue is on my short list.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]
You're really comparing J&T to Larue?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Get the Stealth. If you are not completely happy with it LaRue will refund you your money back.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#11]
My 18" Stealth is easily the finest rifle I own.

(Until I get an OBR)
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#12]
You know what I love about the LT rifles?  Well one thing, anyway...no matter what length barrel you get, it's equally accurate.  Guys I know that shoot DCM's and the like in competition get pissed when my 16" Stealth outshoots their competition rifle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#13]
My second AR build was with a J&T 20" bull barrel kit, freefloat Badger fore end. 100 yard groups are 1 1/8 inch for ten shots. 3 inch groups (which I don't hold much stock in. Any one can get lucky) will be between 1/2 and 3/8 inch. This is with Black Hills factory seconds, 69 grain and 72 grain. I shoot alot but I'm no sniper scout ninja type.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not really comparing, just want to know if J&T have that kind of accuracy. Just want a precision upper without breaking my bank.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#15]
There is no comparison!

The LaRue will be in my collection very soon!
Hopefully this year but I said that last year.

If I were to decide to sell my AR10 then I could go ahead and get it.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My second AR build was with a J&T 20" bull barrel kit, freefloat Badger fore end. 100 yard groups are 1 1/8 inch for ten shots. 3 inch groups (which I don't hold much stock in. Any one can get lucky) will be between 1/2 and 3/8 inch. This is with Black Hills factory seconds, 69 grain and 72 grain. I shoot alot but I'm no sniper scout ninja type.

Thank you, that is what I am looking for. What kind of groups are the Stealths shooting?  Is a 1/4"'or 1/2" worth $500? Maybe but I would like to know before I put out the $$$.

I plan on getting a LaRue at some point, might be an OBR but that won't be today
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you, that is what I am looking for. What kind of groups are the Stealths shooting?  Is a 1/4"'or 1/2" worth $500? Maybe but I would like to know before I put out the $$$.
I plan on getting a laRue at some point, might he an ORB but that won't be today

Stealths are capable of .25-.50" groups.

ETA: My first 18" got pinky nail sized groups at 100 with 75gr prvi match ammo.  That was a couple years ago; I'm too shaky now to get groups like that.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What groups are you shooting with your LaRue?

Like I said, I would love to get one, but I am also looking at price right now. Price per MOA if you will. When money is of no concern believe me
I'd have an OBR...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, I would love to get one, but I am also looking at price right now. Price per MOA if you will. When money is of no concern believe men
I'd have an OBR...

If accuracy is your only concern there are many rifles that can duplicate what a Stealth is capable of.  Hell, I've seen Olympic Arms rifles with that big ass heavy button rifled barrel shoot 5 shot groups you could cover with a dime.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, I would love to get one, but I am also looking at price right now. Price per MOA if you will. When money is of no concern believe men
I'd have an OBR...

If accuracy is your only concern there are many rifles that can duplicate what a Stealth is capable of.  Hell, I've seen Olympic Arms rifles with that big ass heavy button rifled barrel shoot 5 shot groups you could cover with a dime.

That's what I'm asking for. I want accuracy but without breaking my bank. I ran into J&T and liked the options and the price. But everything that glitters and all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top