Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2011 11:14:54 AM EDT
Seems like every MFing creditor charges you to pay your bill, WTF! Just paid my phone bill and they charged me $5 to have a live person take my paymnet WTF!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#1]
That live person has to eat too you know.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Calling in a payment, yes they're going to charge.  A lot more handling involved.  Mail a check or online banking.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Seems like every MFing creditor charges you to pay your bill, WTF! Just paid my phone bill and they charged me $5 to have a live person take my paymnet WTF!!

I KNOW!  The effin post office is in on the scam too. Farkers wanted like $.44 to mail my frappin bill water in. Flippin bastages. They think they can charge me to provide a service, what the boneheaded idea that someone would charge extra for a service I mean mail and phone pay and all that should be free. It's not like they have to pay that freaken indian dude named "Bob" more than a couple of hundred rupees a day and fudge their phone lines to new delhi are free, so where do those fagages get the feeping gall to charge for that sheet!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!11111!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#4]
That's getting to be more prevalent.
My bank will send a check for free, and in some cases an electronic funds transfer (utility bills), and the bank account is without fees. And the bank assumes liability if a check they send gets lost.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Next time, go down there and pay the bill in person.  That'll teach 'em!  

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:38:52 AM EDT
[#6]
You will notice that only the companies that have a monopoly on you do things like that.  The gas company wants $5.95 to pay with a credit card; whereas, DirecTV it is free.  I can't just switch gas companies or turn off my gas so they got me.  The electric company is the same way.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Personally, I think it's an 'in your face' sort of thing, and a way to get a few extra bucks.

If you call it in, you're sure that you paid it on time, and have a confirmation code for your records.
If you mail it in, they can always hold the check until your bill is past due, then deposit it, and charge
you a late fee. (It's been done before, and several companies have been busted for it.)

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but maybe not......
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Guy down the street has not paid his mortgage for close to 15 months , and the bank gave him
$5000 to stay there and keep the place up till they sell it.

Why is anyone paying their bills anymore
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guy down the street has not paid his mortgage for close to 15 months , and the bank gave him
$5000 to stay there and keep the place up till they sell it.

Why is anyone paying their bills anymore

we're just suckers I guess

and yes, it's fucking depressing.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I pay an extra $3.50 in order to pay my electric bill, $5 for phone/internet, and they just started adding $1.75 to my water bill for processing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top