Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 5:43:05 AM EDT
I've been lusting for an RFB for years.  They are, sort of, reasonably priced now if you can find one.  If I'm patient, I can probably get one for $1400 + shipping/FFL.  Alternately, I've been intrigued by the MSAR AUG clone.  I can get that for a grand if I don't go E4.  If I do E4, it would probably be close to the price of the RFB.

I don't have mags for either, but I have plenty of ammo.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Kel tec hands down, have you seen how many MSAR threads get locked down?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked RFB. Afterwards, you should get the bullpup shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:07:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd love a Kel-Tec RFB, looks like a real portable powerhouse, and there is no shortage of FAL mags.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#5]
agreed
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:10:40 AM EDT
[#6]

MSAR STG-556

If you didn't live so far away I'd let you shoot mine.

AfterworkNinja might be closer to you but he has a different brand TPD AXR if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Normally, I'd say MSAR, but due to all the recent quality shenanigans, I'd pick the RFB.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Can I get a link, or summary, of the MSAR "situation"?

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:25:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

MSAR was/is having minor problems that are magazine related to the E4 rifles. Couple that with the recent move from PA to NC and with the owner starting to act like Dave Robinson of XCR...........
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#10]
The RFB is... Interesting to say the least. But for my .308 I'll stick with something proven, M1A, FAL, G3, AR10, etc. There's others, but meh.

I fired the RFB owned by one of my brothers and wasn't really impressed. The trigger on bullpup rifles just suck. Probably the whole transfer bar theory, or plastic on plastic, who knows. With a .308 you have the range and power to reach out and touch, so why not be able to actually reach out accurately? A shitty trigger is absolutely detrimental to accurate rifles. While the trigger on the RFB isn't technically "Shitty" it wasn't good, and I'd barely classify it as adequate. It was longer than it should have been and creepy. Sometimes I'd mistake a creep for the let off point and it wasn't easily defineable. If they could somehow engineer an M1A's trigger onto that RFB, they'd have a winner.

I voted for the STG by MSAR. I've got one and it's all kinds of cool fun. The trigger sucks, but is adequate for the distances the .223 gives you, and 42 round magazines are pure sex. I'm sure someone's going to point out that you can shoot 1000 yards with .223, whatever. Not out of a 16 inch barrell you won't.  

MSAR's service is second to none and accessories abound nowadays.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:29:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MSAR was/is having minor problems that are magazine related to the E4 rifles. Couple that with the recent move from PA to NC and with the owner starting to act like Dave Robinson of XCR...........

Plus chipping bolts, bolt sleeves bashing into the trunnion, out-of-spec trunnions, that trunnion that had the ring of locking lugs rip out, etc.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#12]
What, no FS2000 love here?

I like the RFB, I got handle one at a match this weekend, but if I had to buy something I'd have to shoot a lot, I'd pick the FS2K over either of the options. Again. The RFB would make a great second bullpup.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus chipping bolts, bolt sleeves bashing into the trunnion, out-of-spec trunnions, that trunnion that had the ring of locking lugs rip out, etc.  

ah yes good times..... good times.......
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

STG's or E4's???
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:37:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Out of the 2, I voted STG. Very nice AUG clone. People tend to love them.

However, MSAR seems to be in "transition". I hope they get situated in their new quarters & continue building weapons.

From what I've read on the Bullpup forum here, it seems to take awhile to get in touch with them for repairs.

But that could be due to the move.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#16]
5.56 = FS2000

7.62 = RFB
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What, no FS2000 love here?

I like the RFB, I got handle one at a match this weekend, but if I had to buy something I'd have to shoot a lot, I'd pick the FS2K over either of the options. Again. The RFB would make a great second bullpup.

AUG handles so much better.  FS2000 is nose heavy and feels like you're shouldering a shoe box with rails.  Also, it's not any more accurate than the AUG despite the rigid barrel.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I like my RFB
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:19:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Desert Tactical?

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#20]

oooooh now thats nice but whats it cost?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Whay not a Steyr Aug?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I said MSAR due to the fact its .223 and would be cheaper to shoot more often.  That is...if your gun/magazines work.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Bolt + $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ = I'll pass for now

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Nice $4k rifle

I've been wanting one for awhile.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:29:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where in NC?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top