Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/30/2011 11:48:49 PM EDT
Made in response to a post on the thread showing what was called a pit bull, getting killed by a mule. Thread was to long for me to want to watch. So I made this one to respond.
Someone posted that pits were all aggressive towards people, and would snap one day. To which someone else said he couldn’t understand why people would let them be around their kids.
My response is, because they were never (historically) breed to be aggressive towards people. You have to do some awful shit to a well-bred pit to make it dangerous.

I have had 12 of them in my short life. And have never had one so much a growl at a person. Hell the one my parents keep for me now (I am in collage and my apt won’t let me have her) loves animals. We had a barn cat die and the dog moped around the yard for days looking for her. Really get sick of these pit bull bashing threads. People would have been pissed had it been a lab, and gone on the war path. An btw, pits aren’t too common in 3rd world shit holes. So most likely it was a mutt.

Sometimes guys here remind me of the libs with their hate for our guns. You wish to take away something from good law abiding people because some shit birds (the minority of pit owners) use them for bad things. Maybe read about the dogs a little.

While, yes, a dog can act without his owner, it is still the responsibility of the owner to control their dog. An to people who say "but when they do attack they do more damage than most dogs that bite do", how’s that different than the argument against our hi-cap mags? The media has a similar poster for IDing pitts as it does AK-47s. If you don't know what it is, it's a pit, if you don’t have a pic, it's a pit. Don’t know how many times I have read about a pitt bull attack to not be able to find any pics of the dog, or any animal workers confirm it was. Hell I even saw one that looked more like a tan beagle mix. Maybe the US should have the same rules as some other countries when it comes to dog breeding. That the dogs have to pass a health exam, and temperament tests for both dogs in order to breed them.

And for the record bigger dogs do bite harder than pits, and can do more damage.
Ignorant bull shit makes me sick. Just as bad as the Brady group. FUCKS SAKE!! Sorry but god damn tired of people talking about how my dogs/guns are dangerous. And they are all baby seeking missile looking to do harm when I have a gun to protect myself, and soon a ccw so I can safe guard myself and others with my gun, just as my pitts growing up never took their eyes off me, and never left my side when I would hurt myself playing, or how my dog would skip eating when I got really sick last year just to stay next to my bed.

Read this site: http://www.atts.org/about.html
Pit bulls passed 86%
Labs 92%
Golden Retrievers 84% (less than the evil blood thirsty pitts)
German shepherds 84%
Shetland Sheep dogs 68%
Also read this on BSL http://www.canineadvocatesofohio.org/BSL/Assessment%20of%20Canine%20Aggression.pdf

My point is, a dog is a dog. Teat them well, don’t buy a dog from a crack house, and train it. If you do this regardless of the breed, you won’t have any problems.
Shitty rant over.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't read that much stuff, because there's too many of the words.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
i think he said something about pit bulls
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Any mention of a mule?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any mention of a mule?

I think a pitt bull raped his mule or something?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
You don't have to start a thread to reply.  You can just reply.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, the breed has a reputation.  Is it my problem than many think all are man-killing dogs?  The few breeders who expose their dogs to abuse to elicit a fighting nature is my problem?  The poseur thugs that train pups to fight is how my problem?

They aren't adopted as pups for a family dog.  Take the chains off and end the barbaric blood sport.  Dogs have evolved to be of service, not as fighters but as assistants.  

I love dogs but it is mighty difficult to love a dog that is intent on ripping my face off.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Any mention of a mule?

I think a pitt bull raped his mule or something?

That can happen.  Another side effect of the war on drugs.  Legalize weed, and the pcp and things like this won't happen.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Made in response to a post on the thread showing what was called a pitt bull, getting killed by a mule. Thread was to long for me to want to watch. So I made this one to respond.

Someone posted that pitts were all aggressive towards people, and would snap one day. To which someone else said he couldn’t understand why people would let them be around their kids.

My response is, because they were never (historically) breed to be aggressive towards people. You have to do some awful shit to a well-bred pit to make it dangerous. I have had 12 of them in my short life. And have never had one so much a growl at a person. Hell the one my parents keep for me now (I am in collage and my apt won’t let me have her) loves animals. We had a barn cat die and the dog moped around the yard for days looking for her. Really get sick of these pitt bull bashing threads. People would have been pissed had it been a lab, and gone on the war path. An btw, pitts aren’t too common in 3rd world shit holes. So most likely it was a mutt.

Sometimes guys here remind me of the libs with their hate for our guns. You wish to take away something from good law abiding people because some shit birds (the minority of pitt owners) use them for bad things. Maybe read about the dogs a little. While yes, a dog can act without his owner, it is still the responsibility of the owner to control their dog. An to people who say "but when they do attack they do more damage than most dogs that bite do", how’s that different than the argument against our hi-cap mags?

The media has a similar poster for IDing pitts as it does AK-47s. If you don't know what it is, it's a pitt, if you don’t have a pic, it's a pitt. Don’t know how many times I have read about a pitt bull attack to not be able to find any pics of the dog,  or any animal workers confirm it was. Hell I even saw one that looked more like a tan beagle mix. Maybe the US should have the same rules as some other countries when it comes to dog breeding. That the dogs have to pass a health exam, and temperament tests for both dogs in order to breed them. And for the record bigger dogs do bite harder than pitts, and can do more damage.

Ignorant bull shit makes me sick. Just as bad as the Brady group. FUCKS SAKE!! Sorry but god damn tired of people talking about how my dogs/guns are dangerous. And they are all baby seeking missile looking to do harm when I have a gun to protect myself, and soon a ccw so I can safe guard myself and others with my gun, just as my pitts growing up never took their eyes off me, and never left my side when I would hurt myself playing, or how my dog would skip eating when I got really sick last year just to stay next to my bed.

Read this site: http://www.atts.org/about.html

Pitt bulls passed 86%
Labs 92%
Golden Retrievers 84% (less than the evil blood thirsty pitts)
German shepherds 84%
Shetland Sheep dogs 68%

Also read this on BSL http://www.canineadvocatesofohio.org/BSL/Assessment%20of%20Canine%20Aggression.pdf

/Shitty rant over.

Was that so hard?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry, the breed has a reputation.  Is it my problem than many think all are man-killing dogs?  The few breeders who expose their dogs to abuse to elicit a fighting nature is my problem?  The poseur thugs that train pups to fight is how my problem?

They aren't adopted as pups for a family dog.  Take the chains off and end the barbaric blood sport.  Dogs have evolved to be of service, not as fighters but as assistants.  

I love dogs but it is mighty difficult to love a dog that is intent on ripping my face off.

When you have to cover any breed of dog with your home owner's insurance, I'd say "next".
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:05:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#11]
To Keith_J
True, but I've been bitten by 2 Jack Russell terriers, 1 lab, 1 collie, an cocker spaniel, and was attacked as a kid by a poodle. I have no problem with any of them. Most of them would lick your face till they passed out from lack of fluids before they would bite you. If people live in an area were all the pits are viscous killer dogs, maybe they should worry about the people who took a dog that was NEVER breed to be human aggressive (would you want to be in a pit with 2 of them if they were?). I hate dog fighting, and honestly think that people found fighting them should be prevented from ever owning animals.

And didn't want to post in the other thread, was to much traffic on it, and didn't want to have to search for responses if it became a 80 page thread.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

True, but I've been bitten by 2 Jack Russell terriers, 1 lab, 1 collie, an cocker spaniel, and was attacked as a kid by a poodle. I have no problem with any of them. Most of them would lick your face till they passed out from lack of fluids before they would bite you. If people live in an area were all the pitts are viscous killer dogs, maybe they should worry about the people who took a dog that was NEVER breed to be human aggressive (would you want to be in a pit with 2 of them if they were?). I hate dog fighting, and honestly think that people found fighting them should be prevented from ever owning animals.

And did any of those breeds have even a chance of ripping your throat out?

eta I've been around many different breeds of dog my whole life, ranging in size from chihuahua up to great Dane and I've never been bit.  WTF makes dogs want to bite you?

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't care if they are most gentle dogs in the world, problem is when they bite they don't fuckin stop until object is dead. or they are dead. Most dogs are not like that and that's the problem. You should have to get an exotic pet license to own one like for a tiger. Keeps the hood rats away, and lets responsible people own this one of a kind animal.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry worked at an animal shelter for 5 years. Probably walked more dogs than most will see in a life time. I also for got the many nips, and bites from mutts.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#15]
now i am going to have to start my own thread about people who rant about other threads and don't edit their posts so they are easily readable.  

the WALL OF TEXT is not a proper posting technique to get people to read what you have to say.  

and if your are posting more than 10 words from your smart phone...  do me a favor and just don't do it.

S
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:15:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't care if they are most gentle dogs in the world, problem is when they bite they don't fuckin stop until object is dead. or they are dead. Most dogs are not like that and that's the problem. You should have to get an exotic pet license to own one like for a tiger. Keeps the hood rats away, and lets responsible people own this one of a kind animal.

Good lord...

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:18:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good lord...

Yep
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:20:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I have been bitten by dogs its not fun..... But the nasty thing about pit bulls is they don't bite the maul http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/768875-media

Any dog can get aggressive i used to have a German Shepard that was a wonderful dog to immediate family but he did not like strangers and was really over protective i could not trust the dog 100%. If you own a big breed of dog that's known to be aggressive you need to take proper precautions. And the sad part about Pitt's is the only people that seem to want them are cholos, nogs and white trash. Good luck getting your medical bill paid by them after your mauling.

I loved my German Shepard but i cant say i would want another.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good lord...

Yep

And they rape mules, show me another breed that does that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:22:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good lord...

That's what the mothers say walking in finding their motionless child.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:26:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sorry worked at an animal shelter for 5 years. Probably walked more dogs than most will see in a life time. I also for got the many nips, and bites from mutts.

I grew up when dog fighting was legal son, a suit and tie affair. You're not gonna tell me anything about this breed I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:26:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good lord...

Yep

Ok so not a mule, but a dog will "do" anything
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5J95_KcNE8
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I grew up when dog fighting was legal son, a suit and tie affair. You're not gonna tell me anything about this breed I don't know.

Sorry didn't mean that to sound condescending. Just meant that I have been exposed to many dog from all kinds of homes. Some good, and some so bad I don't like to think about. An yes we did get mean pitts, butt no more than any other breed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good lord...

Yep

Ok so not a mule, but a dog will "do" anything
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5J95_KcNE8

I'm sorry but that looked consensual lol.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry didn't mean that to sound condescending. Just meant that I have been exposed to many dog from all kinds of homes. Some good, and some so bad I don't like to think about. An yes we did get mean pitts, butt no more than any other breed.

They are wonderful animals. Best people dog ever, they are a lot like people instead of dogs. In the wrong hands its a disaster though. .
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#26]
This
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Just save yourself the frustration and don't click on APBT threads. Far too many ignorant people on here that love to jump on the bandwagon to have a decent thread once "pittbools" is mentioned. There are quite a few APBT owners on this site, and most seem to have given up on trying to bring sense to the bashfests. I would also bet the closest many on here have come to interacting with a APBT is peeking through their window (grasping their rifle in fear) while a local hood walks their mutt.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Well I love the animal. I also understand for 100+ generations they were bred to go non stop until they died or object died. Weak were culled. Game were bred. Females too. Problem is dog couldn't read we outlawed dog fighting and still have that in them making an attack very dangerous usually lethal on small children and other animals. The libtards like breed bans I'd prefer we just license.

And if anyone here owns one get a breaking stick. You might need it someday.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:57:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Pit bull threads make me think of EricE...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:58:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Well I love the animal. I also understand for 100+ generations they were bred to go non stop until they died or object died. Weak were culled. Game were bred. Females too. Problem is dog couldn't read we outlawed dog fighting and still have that in them making an attack very dangerous usually lethal on small children and other animals. The libtards like breed bans I'd prefer we just license.

And if anyone here owns one get a breaking stick. You might need it someday.

I haven't even needed a breaking stick when my little dachshund thought he was tougher than my APBT. He got messed up pretty well, but my girl stopped before going too far.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:14:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Don't forget that they have more bite strength than 1000 t-rexes, and their jaws lock and they exude venom from their molars and shoot lasers from their eyes. And my friend Stevie, he like, reads a bunch and stuff, he said that pit bulls can fly and summon demons with a +7 of smiting. And my friend Chuck saw one raise an undead army, hellbent on world domination, but Bruce Campbell showed up with his chainsaw hand and he got the Necronomicon from a graveyard guarded by the pit bulls that ate the Little Rascals, Helen Keller AND Teddy Roosevelt, and he forgot the magic words (supposed to be "Dog, get the fuck off the couch", but he said "K;aatu Verata Nictu", which is spanish or something), so the evil Sgt Stubbs called in a napalm strike.

Anyway, it turns out all the evil undead army wanted to do was eat babies and make sissies cry, but Chuck defeated them by throwing a frisbee off a cliff and the dog and his undead minions followed it over the edge.

And if you don't believe me, you're just a white trash pit bull lover who is in league with Satan and the Olson Twins.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:14:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Hooray, another APBT thread, thanks for starting it OP
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:20:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

True, but I've been bitten by 2 Jack Russell terriers, 1 lab, 1 collie, an cocker spaniel, and was attacked as a kid by a poodle. I have no problem with any of them.

At some point, you really have to start asking youself "I wonder if it's me?"

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:24:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Pit bulls's farts smell like orange blossoms and they piss ginger ale.
Why did I get a Lab???
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:31:30 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll just tag this. When I get up in about 6 or so hours and it's 3 pages of fighting I'll think fondly of the younger me who exists right now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:59:36 AM EDT
[#36]
I am an ER nurse.  I see dog bites all the time.

I am glad the 12 pitbulls you have had have been angels.  Good for you.

Come spend some time in the ER with me.  Every fucking kid that comes in with a dog bite (admittedly, this occurs with every breed of dog, not just angelic pit bulls) from the family dog, I have to stand there and listen to the mom and dad gush about how the dog is so well behaved, and its not the dogs fault, etc.

No shit, we had to have the on call plastics guy come in to put this 2 - year olds scalp back together.  The mom assured me, it was the kids fault, because she woke the pit bull up 'when it was having a bad dream.'
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:12:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Okay I have to make this quick. Before my owner wakes up and relizes his pitbull learned to type and knows his AFRcom pass word. Hey dummies we ARE not all assholes but if our owners are scumbags we can get a bit nasty. And yep your little rugrats can get bit. If you have children maybe a dog aint the best thing to have around. I swear if the little witchs that run around this house like a lab on to much sugar. Try to dress me one more time I'm gonna piss in thier toy box.Ohhh shit gotta run. TREATS coming.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:26:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you have to cover any breed of dog with your home owner's insurance, I'd say "next".

Lots of ignornce in these posts. I have a pit and he is the sweetest most non aggressive dog I have ever had. He doesn't even bark. An I don;t know what nanny state you're from but in VA insurance company's cannot discriminate by breed.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:26:39 AM EDT
[#39]
My policy when it comes to pitt bulls is: shoot first, ask questions later.

Plus they are actually tasty with the right BBQ sauce.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:31:21 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:32:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Brad Pitt and Dirk Pitt approve.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:36:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I am an ER nurse.  I see dog bites all the time.

I am glad the 12 pitbulls you have had have been angels.  Good for you.

Come spend some time in the ER with me.  Every fucking kid that comes in with a dog bite (admittedly, this occurs with every breed of dog, not just angelic pit bulls) from the family dog, I have to stand there and listen to the mom and dad gush about how the dog is so well behaved, and its not the dogs fault, etc.

No shit, we had to have the on call plastics guy come in to put this 2 - year olds scalp back together.  The mom assured me, it was the kids fault, because she woke the pit bull up 'when it was having a bad dream.'

You know what I can get 100 other nurses with a completely different experience. Not syaing yours doesn't exist but it is a localized experience. Hospital near the hood? Probably get more GSWs then most hospitals to. By extension is everyone with an evil AK is a mass killer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:38:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Bash away, if ignorance is bliss there are some happy mofos in this thread.
I didn't do nuffin.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:40:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

.....So you just shoot dogs on general principle?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm out of the canine loop, what does the extra "t" signify?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:43:46 AM EDT
[#46]
The Pitbull Haters on ARF need to turn in their firearms and join the brady campaign. They act just like those fucekrs.
I have had a pitbull around my kids since my daughter was born and she is 14. I have trained 3 pitbulls and my neighbors all
have commented on me that my dogs are the most well behaved in the neighborhood. Fuck all you people who act just
like the gun grabbers for your ill informed, scared for the children responses. You are no better then those trying to take
away our gun rights

My vicious human throat biter outer with my dead 4 year old. .
My son was really sick the last 2 weeks I guess and this is what my wife
sent me as Stout wouldnt leave the side of the baby when he was sick and He
also cuddled with Stout.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:49:25 AM EDT
[#47]
I got to pits and a English bulldog.  Love all 3.   That is all.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:55:13 AM EDT
[#48]
my brother had a pit, got him when he was just a little guy, he was a family dog and was perfectly fine for a long time..

when he was about a year we started noticing he would get all weird everytime someone walked into the house [even people that have lived there since he was a pup]
he would get fairly agressive, which was not normal for him at all.. you would walk in and he would growl untill someone els had to put him in another room to calm him down..
he got bad enough that if he was in the same room you couldnt stand up from sitting to fast or he would freak out and start growling.
we tryed working with him but he started snaping at my brother if you aproached him to fast or stood over him..

dog would seem to have gone slowly crazy.. we ended up having to take him to a pit bull rescue place that we spoke to about his problems..they said they would try and work with him..
we called to check on how he was doing a coupl;e times a month but after about 3 months they said they had to let him go after he got into a few fights with other dogs.

I have had a few pit bulls since then and havnt had one be mean at all but that dog just went nuts.. he wasnt treated badly at all
slept in his own bed in my brothers room, was loved by the whole family untill he started changing when he was about a year old
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:01:03 AM EDT
[#49]
My baby never done nuffin.

I've been barked at and chased by every kind of dog under the sun while riding my bike and running. No other breed felt it necessary to bite me except the rainbow farting pit bull. That's not reputation, prejudice or anything but actual experience.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:01:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.....So you just shoot dogs on general principle?

He's just trying to fit in.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top