Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 9:50:30 PM EDT
so one of my cats will eat any type of plastic film he can find.

wrappers, sandwich bags, whatever.   The other day I caught him munching my reel to reel tape.  Is this shit normal?  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Put some of the hottest salsa money can buy on a few plastic things he might eat.

Should solve the problem.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
My cat frequently eats/chews on plastic bags, and ribbon. We can't put ribbon on our Christmas gifts or it'll end up in his litterbox.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been told that fish oil is used in plastic bags to make them more pliable.  I never really looked into it though.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Does he crap out lego blocks?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Its a sign of boredom/depession...they need some toys, more interaction etc....our licks plastic shopping sacks when it gets like that....
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its a sign of boredom/depession...they need some toys, more interaction etc....our licks plastic shopping sacks when it gets like that....

Ours use to ... scratch blocks / towers, and mini mouse toys seem to work good.

Now they just eat too much and occasionally barf.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Your cat and one of mine should hang out.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Infantry is in the park. Cats and dogs interact with our environment through their mouths. Short of throwing the water bowl back at you, like my cats, they chew on whatever will get your attention.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Prozac followed by a dose of cayenne pepper on said platic objects should put a stop to it...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it the one that recently adopted you?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Is it the one that recently adopted you?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

no that poor little fella got hit by a car about two days after that post.    it was sad because he dragged himself halfway up my driveway before he died even though his back end was mangled.

This is my other cat.  I have two indoor cats that seem to play all day and have fun.  This cat has been eating plastic from day one though when I adopted him from a friend that was moving.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine was playing with a plastic bag from subway so I threw one of her toys into it.  She loves it.

Sorry about the recent one.  Keep the others inside or very closely supervised when outside.  Inside cats have a life expectancy around 10-20 years.  Outside cats are around 1-2 years on average.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:44:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Clean up your house.

Give it a soda box or some other type of box maybe with a bell ball in it. it will find something else to do than eat plastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top