Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 6:21:22 PM EDT
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/01/eff-releases-report-detailing-fbi-intelligence

In a report released today, EFF documents alarming trends in the Bureau’s intelligence investigation practices, suggesting that FBI intelligence investigations have compromised the civil liberties of American citizens far more frequently, and to a greater extent, than was previously assumed.

Using documents obtained through EFF's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) litigation, the report finds:

• Evidence of delays of 2.5 years, on average, between the occurrence of a violation and its eventual reporting to the Intelligence Oversight Board

• Reports of serious misconduct by FBI agents including lying in declarations to courts, using improper evidence to obtain grand jury subpoenas, and accessing password-protected files without a warrant

• Indications that the FBI may have committed upwards of 40,000 possible intelligence violations in the 9 years since 9/11...

Yay police state.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
ib4 isolated incident
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude!
Really, you've got to bring more to a thread than that to start a new topic.

Go to bed!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Bush and his crew finished the job of turning the fbi into a defacto national police force.  It's unelected and totally unaccountable in any practical way.  All we can do is elect county sheriff's who have more balls than the pole smoking fairy of a sheriff who allowed the atrocity at waco.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#4]
OP clearly has an infantile problem with authority and hates the police and stuff. They're heroes! Heroes I say.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bush and his crew finished the job of turning the fbi into a defacto national police force.  It's unelected and totally unaccountable in any practical way.  All we can do is elect county sheriff's who have more balls than the pole smoking fairy of a sheriff who allowed the atrocity at waco.

How do you figure?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Have any other source than some blog I've never heard of?

2,500 documents and not one sample of what the hell they are gabbling about?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#7]
The Supreme Court has so gutted the 4th amendment it is irrelevant for practically any reason the government sees fit.  Officer safety, in plain sight, potential for harm to others inside a given structure/location...........................pick your excuse they are numerous.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]
never.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The Supreme Court has so gutted the 4th amendment it is irrelevant for practically any reason the government sees fit. Officer safety, in plain sight, potential for harm to others inside a given structure/location...........................pick your excuse they are numerous.

thism we need some good conservative justices that keep the gov off our back
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ever heard of the EFF?
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/01/eff-releases-report-detailing-fbi-intelligence
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:48:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The Supreme Court has so gutted the 4th amendment it is irrelevant for practically any reason the government sees fit. Officer safety, in plain sight, potential for harm to others inside a given structure/location...........................pick your excuse they are numerous.

this we need some good conservative justices that keep the gov off our back

Our supposed strict constructionist "dead document" justices are badge sniffers.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#12]

None of you understand what constitutes an Intelligence Oversight Board (IOB) violation.  It could be a simple clerical error that "technically" constitutes an IOB violation.  For instance, the FBI could subpoena a telephone company for records from X date to Y date and then get X date to Z date back from the telephone company.  Technically, that's a violation, yet it's not the FBI's fault that the telephone company screwed up.  Trust me, these "40,000 violations" aren't all the "secret black bag jobs" that you conspiracy nuts worry about. Not hardly.

You have more to worry about from Carloyn McCarthy and Chuck Shumer than you do from the FBI.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
None of you understand what constitutes an Intelligence Oversight Board (IOB) violation.  It could be a simple clerical error that "technically" constitutes an IOB violation.  For instance, the FBI could subpoena a telephone company for records from X date to Y date and then get X date to Z date back from the telephone company.  Technically, that's a violation, yet it's not the FBI's fault that the telephone company screwed up.  Trust me, these "40,000 violations" aren't all the "secret black bag jobs" that you conspiracy nuts worry about. Not hardly.

You have more to worry about from Carloyn McCarthy and Chuck Shumer than you do from the FBI.

I note how you conveniently skipped this part
• Reports of serious misconduct by FBI agents including lying in declarations to courts, using improper evidence to obtain grand jury subpoenas, and accessing password-protected files without a warrant

Chuck Schumer doesn't try to set me up to boost his arrest/conviction record by testilying.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

you've seriously never heard of EFF?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  How about a sample of those 40K violations?  Just one specific instance?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The EFF is the electronic equivalent of the NRA - they focus on freedom of speech online and electronic privacy rights.  It's a fairly serious organization - not some "gabbling" blogger.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#17]
What, you expected honesty and strict adherence to the law from the government?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The EFF is the electronic equivalent of the NRA - they focus on freedom of speech online and electronic privacy rights.  It's a fairly serious organization - not some "gabbling" blogger.

Well good for them.  Why didn't they post a specific example? It's just more "sky is falling, send us money" BS.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.eff.org/pages/patterns-misconduct-fbi-intelligence-violations
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, not going to read all that.  All I want is quite simple.  Documented proof that FBI agent Snufffy did, on such and such a date and time, violate the 4th amendment by (Fill in the blank).

Is that so hard for them to do?  By their own claim,they had 40K to pick from.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, not going to read all that.  All I want is quite simple.  Documented proof that FBI agent Snufffy did, on such and such a date and time, violate the 4th amendment by (Fill in the blank).

So he posts a link answering your demand for evidence and your answer is "that's not proof because I don't want to read it all"?

Go back under your bridge ya fuckin' troll.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he posts a link answering your demand for evidence and your answer is "that's not proof because I don't want to read it all"?

Go back under your bridge ya fuckin' troll.

Neither of the two of you read it either.  

Not a troll, I just have very limited patience for all this "sky is falling" crap.   Your link  has been compared to the NRA, I'm thinking it's more in line with Barnum and Bailey.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top