Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 5:31:50 PM EDT
I'm sitting here watching it in my hotel room and I keep wondering...

Why aren't they just simply shooting the damn things instead of trying to trap them or catch them with dogs?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That's what I was thinking.  I'd be out there shooting those things.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Catch them with dogs? Wtf does that entail?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm, I'm guessing you're not talking about this......

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw that last week. I'm no Nancy that puts a sweater on my dog or treats animals better than humans but it downright pissed me off that they were sending dogs out to get torn up and catch them instead of shooting them. They kill them anyway. More stressful for the hog and dangerous for the dog. I really hate sounding like a pussy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hmmm, I'm guessing you're not talking about this......

http://www.pbase.com/terry_56/image/132192277.jpg

I might actually watch a show where a pack of dogs was unleashed on Travolta and Tim Allen,where upon they then get stabbed in the throat by some redneck

That was pretty much the summary of the 1 minute of the show I saw on the other night. I'm not a PETA member of any shit like that but I don't think too many people will be tuning in for repeat episodes of that show. I too don't understand why they don't just shoot the thing as it's far quicker and humane.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They're using the dogs to chase down the hogs and hold them in place by biting on their ears and stuff.

Then the humans run up and cut the hog's throat or tie it up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#7]
yeah that large herd in texas....
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
The show wouldn't be as exciting if it was about a guy who coats himself with mosquito repellent and walks around with a suppressed AR and some night vision gear.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#9]
"Unfortunately, we had to put it down."  What a bunch of WIMPS.  

PETA gone wild.  If I were that close, it would be a triple tap with .45 Super 200 grain JHPs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Really, they just back down from a 400 lb. hog in the panhandle of Florida while the giant pig was just standing there all pissed off.

For me, one boom and that pig would have been bacon!  I mean what are they going to do take it to a zoo???  They finally knived it to death, but WTF?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#11]
It's the discovery channel, guns are icky. Don't you know that?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Shaking my head on this show. The Florida guys don't have Southern accents..maybe raised by anti-gun folks transplanted to FL.  Foolish to walk around unarmed in that situation.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#13]
EVERY wild animal will crap in water.  Domestic pigs do NOT crap anywhere near their food or water.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Hunting hogs with dogs is less humane than a sniper shot to the neck.   This show is football bat stupid.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're using the dogs to chase down the hogs and hold them in place by biting on their ears and stuff.

Then the humans run up and cut the hog's throat or tie it up.
Kevlar vested dogs for the win

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#16]
The only thing I can think is that the trappers are trying to earn their money.  I can understand hiring someone to trap a large number of them, but what kind of rancher wouldn't shoot a 400 lb hog that's just roaming the property?  TV I guess.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
EVERY wild animal will crap in water.  Domestic pigs do NOT crap anywhere near their food or water.

They have (may still be there) Buffalo on Catalina Island.   I distinctly remember seeing them crap in the same water they seemed to be drinking from.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#18]
bc Discovery is to politically correct to have guns involved

that one guy in Tx had a six shooter on his hip, i thinking why dont you man up and shoot one you pussy
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Yea we sure ain't the target audience. This does show the problem with hogs and if the viewing public has an open mind, They will also see  the problem with any non indigenous species. They just don't want to see them die
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have (may still be there) Buffalo on Catalina Island.   I distinctly remember seeing them crap in the same water they seemed to be drinking from.

Even domestic cattle will crap and piss in the same stock tanks they drink from.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#21]
All I could think was hey look, the Sea Shepard folks are hog hunting.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm sitting here watching it in my hotel room and I keep wondering...

Why aren't they just simply shooting the damn things instead of trying to trap them or catch them with dogs?

I'm in the same exact boat. In my hotel induced boredom I stumbled upon that pile and decided the boredom is better. That show is full of wtf

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#23]
this show is soo full of fail.....and the music...jeez, give me a break.  i think i'll stick with "How Its Made"......
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The show wouldn't be as exciting if it was about a guy who coats himself with mosquito repellent and walks around with a suppressed AR and some night vision gear.

Needs more spear.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top