Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/30/2011 2:11:39 PM EDT
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1296136/As-Gurkha-disciplined-beheading-Taliban-Thank-God-side.html

The precise circumstances will not be determined until an official report has been completed, but reliable military sources have confirmed that a Gurkha patrol was sent out with orders to track down a Taliban warlord described as a 'high-value target'.

Having identified their target, a fierce battle ensued during which the warlord was killed. To prove that they had got their man, the Gurkhas attempted to remove the body for identification. Further enemy fire necessitated a fast exit minus corpse. So, an unnamed soldier drew his kukri  -  the standard-issue Gurkha knife  -  removed the man's head and legged it.
Ten out of ten for initiative. Nought out of ten for diplomacy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1296136/As-Gurkha-disciplined-beheading-Taliban-Thank-God-side.html#ixzz1CYzwalDE

Pretty BAD ASS if you ask me...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I concur
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Slap on the wrist to keep the liberal whingers at bay.

Two fingers up to the Taliban

Pints all round from every self respecting Brit on a job well done.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Nepalis are a proud group.

Very much unlike India who seems to have a very pacifist culture the Nepalis proudly proclaim they have never been colonized- even though they were a protectoriate.

Not long ago Somali Pirates tried to take an Indian fallged ship with a Neplai crew two Neplais armed with Guraka Knives took down 6 Somali pirates armed with AKs one Neapli was wounded.

Theya re certianly a "do not screw" with culture.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:32:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Fail; he was already dead  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
RIGHT !!!!!.......stop that......it's silly
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]

I guess they have a saying like ARF. Pics HEAD or B.S.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
RIGHT !!!!!.......stop that......it's silly

Has anyone seen my leg? It seems to have been bitten, sort of........off.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1296136/As-Gurkha-disciplined-beheading-Taliban-Thank-God-side.html

The precise circumstances will not be determined until an official report has been completed, but reliable military sources have confirmed that a Gurkha patrol was sent out with orders to track down a Taliban warlord described as a 'high-value target'.

Having identified their target, a fierce battle ensued during which the warlord was killed. To prove that they had got their man, the Gurkhas attempted to remove the body for identification. Further enemy fire necessitated a fast exit minus corpse. So, an unnamed soldier drew his kukri  -  the standard-issue Gurkha knife  -  removed the man's head and legged it.

Ten out of ten for initiative. Nought out of ten for diplomacy.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07/20/article-0-0A7FC373000005DC-47_468x393.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1296136/As-Gurkha-disciplined-beheading-Taliban-Thank-God-side.html#ixzz1CYzwalDE

Pretty BAD ASS if you ask me...

And that right there is the problem, no room for diplomacy in war. When your job is to kill, it shouldn't matter how that job gets done.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Jai Mahakali, ayo Ghurkali!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#12]
One of my professors was a British Army officer and commanded Gurkas.  He had nothing but great things to say about them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I have been looking for a Youtube vid for ever of a dude doing the 21 foot rule with a kukri.

I don't know if it was removed or what, but I remember that, that dude was hammering his throwing target with that kukri.

Every throw was sticking and that knife was hitting with a solid thud, I was almost tempted at the time to but one.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#16]
boo hoo, the man attempted to prove he had done his duty while at great personal risk.  I give him a pass.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#17]
"If the Gurkha being investigated by the Army is found guilty of beheading the dead enemy soldier, he will have contravened the Geneva Conventions which dictate the rules of war. Soldiers are banned from demeaning their enemies."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1295617/Gurkha-ordered-UK-beheading-dead-Taliban-fighter.html#ixzz1CZCFBMOZ "
Really now?  But our enemies demeaning us is a-OK?  Fuck that noise!  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#19]
"There can only be one!"
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

He is understood to have removed the man’s head from the area, leaving the rest of his body on the battlefield.

This is considered a gross insult to the Muslims of Afghanistan, who bury the entire body of their dead even if parts have to be retrieved.

I mean, really.  Who cares?

An "insult" to these evil people that are trying to kill us?  Who cares?

I gotta go with this.

Why do we care how they feel?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#21]
He did good. Its war fuck the Taliban and their libetard supports. If they don't like people being beheaded they should do that shit to the west.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
"If the Gurkha being investigated by the Army is found guilty of beheading the dead enemy soldier, he will have contravened the Geneva Conventions which dictate the rules of war. Soldiers are banned from demeaning their enemies."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1295617/Gurkha-ordered-UK-beheading-dead-Taliban-fighter.html#ixzz1CZCFBMOZ "

I didn't realize the Taliban was a signatory of the GC.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#23]
The Gurkhas never cease to amaze me with their pure awesomeness.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They may not be, but the US is.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I thought the rules only applied to those that signed the GC.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I applaud the man's actions.  Who cares if the poor widdle Taliban villagers were offended?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#27]
pat on the back
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
"There can only be one!"

LOL
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll bet he wishes he had more time to shit on the neck stump!  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have been looking for a Youtube vid for ever of a dude doing the 21 foot rule with a kukri.

I don't know if it was removed or what, but I remember that, that dude was hammering his throwing target with that kukri.

Every throw was sticking and that knife was hitting with a solid thud, I was almost tempted at the time to but one.

Found it while I was browsing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQE4f0fkLNg&NR=1
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I thought the rules only applied to those that signed the GC.

Geneva Convention, Part I, Article 2:
Although one of the Powers in conflict may not be a party to the present Convention, the Powers who are parties thereto shall remain bound by it in their mutual relations. They shall furthermore be bound by the Convention in relation to the said Power, if the latter accepts and applies the provisions thereof.

So, IOW, you are bound to the provisions of the GC if both parties are signatories or if one party is not, but abides by the provisions in the Convention.

The Taliban can EAD.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

They may not be, but the US is.  

OK what's your point?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
He is understood to have removed the man’s head from the area, leaving the rest of his body on the battlefield.

This is considered a gross insult to the Muslims of Afghanistan, who bury the entire body of their dead even if parts have to be retrieved.

I mean, really.  Who cares?

An "insult" to these evil people that are trying to kill us?  Who cares?

I certainly do not.

Perhaps if this were SOP, they would lose their will to fight?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Good chop.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#35]
We should be cutting off more heads, and not putting it in media stories.

- BG
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#36]
I think I am going to buy another kukri now...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#38]
He did what needed to be done to accomplish his mission in the best way he could with the given circumstances. I see no problem with this at all. Its not the 1st time this has been done.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We should be cutting off more heads, and not putting it in media stories.

- BG

That's right! We should be putting them an stakes!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You can't demean the dead. Desecrate yes, demean, no.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I didn't think the Geneva Convention applied when you weren't fighting a uniformed national army. If it does, it shouldn't.

Congrats to the soldier. A whole head beats just a scalp anyday.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#42]
They had to confirm ID of the target right?  I fail to see the problem, sounds like a successful mission to me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Fail; he was already dead  

Man was already dead? Fine by me. Not even in the same ballpark as Nick Berg for example.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#44]
So when the enemy beheads people its ok, but when we kill the enemy, we are evil??

Hmmm??????????????

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Thought I'd read this before, it's dated last July

Still, good work

Well dang.. Didnt even see the date..

Old School dupe then...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Again ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#47]
That Gurkha should be General of the Bristish forces.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:29:46 PM EDT
[#48]
That Gurkha should be General of the Bristish forces.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#49]
There is a autobiography of a French Foreign Legion soldier who did the same in Algeria.  Apparently it was SOP.  The bodies are too dam heavy to bring back, so they just bring back bags of heads for identification.

I would call it "practical military necessity".

RF
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I say we go back to making necklaces with ears. they may be smelly but you get used to it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top