Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2002 2:33:04 PM EDT
It disturbs me that so many gunowners could be against their biggest ally.  Do those of you who bash the NRA realize where we would be without it?

-The AW ban would have been passed in the '80s
-The AW ban we have now wouldn't have a sunset, and would be a lot more restrictive
-The Brady bill would have been passed in the '80s
-Clinton's juvenile justice bill would be law
-For you Bush lovers:  Gore would be president
-And a myriad of other bills would be law without NRA money and muscle

Without the National Rifle Association, what would we have?  The Gun Owners of America?  .  There is no one else that concerns the billionaire anti-freedom forces.  The GOA only has, what?, 200,000 members?  No other pro-gun force is even close to being as effective as the NRA.

Political aspects aside, the NRA has invaluable shooting sports events, classes, and the best gun rags in the country.  The NRA is a national organization.  If they don't get down and dirty to fight your little local quarrels with gun laws, don't get angry at the NRA; get angry at your local gun owners.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
get angry at your local gun owners.
View Quote

Couldn't agree more.

The NRA can't fight everyone's battles.  Especially when (politically active) gun owners are the vast minority.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The NRA doesn't consult me before it takes any action, I don't agree with every little thing it does, and it has failed to repeal all gun laws in one fell swoop.  Therefore, I will wail against it and acuse it of being part of some sort of conspiracy against my rights.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The NRA are gun owners best bet for protecting our rights.

I don't agree with everything they do either, but I will absolutely continue to support them with my membership.

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The NRA is the largest pro-freedom lobby we have.  With that said, are you TOO CHEAP to spend $20 for an NRA, GOA, JPFO and SAF membership?  I'm no history student, but I THINK the Founding Fathers of this Country lost everything they owned.  I'm thinking $100/year is [b]NOTHING[/b] to those of you that are serious about preserving freedom.  

I spoke to a guy at work the other day about CCW in our State.  I'm an NRA instructor, and offered to train him for free.  He said he would join the NRA if they weren't so "extremist."  He thought they were in favor of cop-killer bullets, machine guns in every home, etc.  I obviously corrected him, but their view in the eyes of the average citizen is not what you think.

The NRA is the best thing we've got.  That is, until we all join GOA and give them 5 million members.  In the meantime, I think my $100/year is worth the money.

Black Fox
    NRA member, NRA instructor, GOA member, SAF member, JPFO member
    Any more?
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I belong and rarely, if ever, criticize them----just wish they would stop it already with the never-ending junk mail.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#6]
... they got my cheers!
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to a Friends Of The NRA banquet last night and it was a blast. If you have never been to one you need to go, you will meet some great people in your area with the same intrests that you have. What I really liked is that they had a big flag up front, and when we said the pledge of alliegence everybody there stood up, took their hat off, said the pledge, and after it was done everybody clapped and whooped and hollered, it was a true show of patriotism and I was proud to be there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I couldn't agree more,that they deserve many thanks.
I've upgraded my Life Membership twice,and I try to get everyone that I know to join,I signed my mother up last month....
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#9]
If you think $20.00 a year is too much to pay to have others defend your freedom, how much value do you place on your life and the lives of your family when [u]that[/u] is what it costs you?

Eric The(Well,Now...)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm an NRA Life (over 25 years) and I am displeased with the NRA saying to enforce existing gun laws.  A 22 year old guy on Maui was jailed for six months for carrying a pistol.  He had no criminal record.  It is the law here in Hawaii that you cannot carry a pistol except in a case and  to a range.  THE LAW IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL and the NRA says to enfoce it.  They did not attempt to help the young man in any way, yet they can spend 65 million on their new headquarters.  He spoke from prison and reminded all of us out here that he was arrested illegally and we could be next. No NRA to help him in his time of need.  NRA failed the test........F-     JLP
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#11]
When one picks a fight, he generally picks one he can win. I don't agree with everything the NRA does, but I do think they try to pick battles they can win. I hate that it all has to be so incremental, but I don't see a better way.

Thanks NRA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top