Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/30/2011 12:52:21 PM EDT
What are your feelings about pro-creation?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Into this fucked up world...

No
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Is that the same as anti-evolution?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that the same as anti-evolution?

No

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Have them, glad I do...  before I had them, I was in the "hope to" crowd.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a great way to kill time.

Seriously, I have no problem with my kids growing up during this time.  It's a great time to teach young kids about freedm and liberty.  They may, or may not, live with the freedoms we enjoy.  That is a decision we are making everyday.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]
In before not wanting kids = selfish.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I have three daughters. Glad I have them, love them to death, have been terrified at various times during the last 20 years.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't have kids, don't want 'em, don't like other peoples' kids.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't want kids until I had them, and now I can say without reservation that it's the best thing ever
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I was kind of on the fense about kids.  We decided to have one...  We ended up with twins...  It is the greatest thing we have ever done.  They will be 3 in two weeks and evey day is amazing with them.

Jk
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Being a father has been
all good!

L
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't want kids until I had them, and now I can say without reservation that it's the best thing ever

This.

But I also don't push my posistion on others nor do I fall into the "no kids = selfish" crowd.

+1  except I always wanted them.  I would have had a bakers dozen if I could have, but I'm not a brood mare.  I'm happy with the three I have and I would adopt more if I could, but I won't do it unless I could do it right.  It makes me sick to see the front page of trash magazines with Elton John and his lover with a tiny baby.  He has the money to care for a child, but not the love to know he is not best for one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Love my daughter.  Glad things are the way they are.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Best thing bar nothing that ever happened to me.

my son at 13!

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't have kids and am glad I don't .
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#17]
best thing that ever happened to me.......right after their mom.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I will have a daughter in a month.  I am excited but nervous
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#19]
You haven't lived until you've heard your 2Y/O daughter say "Daddy, I love you so much... I need to grow longer arms" or some such.

I wasn't sure I wanted kids, I'm glad I waited until I was secure before I did, and my kids are the best thing I've ever done.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Into this fucked up world...

No

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I believe it is what we were created for besides knowing and walking with the Creator.

It is a difficult time and crazy world to bring them into but it they are a gift from God nonetheless.

We have one blessing of a 21 year old son who's away at college now and we sadly lost two at birth but we'll meet them later.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I will have a daughter in a month.  I am excited but nervous

Congrats! It will be fine. Don't freak out if you don't feel the bond right away, lots of Dads don't really bond until later when the personality starts to emerge.  Caring for infants isn't that hard.

Forget everything else, get a good infant carseat and a big box of diapers, if you're breast-feeding that's pretty much all you need other than maybe an infant book to put your mind at ease.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Where's the "don't have kids still in debate" option?

and pi

poll fail.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#24]
24, single, and planning on getting sterilized in the not-too-distant future.

I hate the little bastards.  Every time I'm around one of the squawling little brats I keep hoping they'll run into something and fall over.  I don't like the sounds they make, the way they smell, how useless and helpless they are, what a drag and a drain they are on the financial and personal freedom of their parents.  Simply having created a life doesn't mean its worthy of love, and I could NEVER love any offspring I had because of the way they stole my freedom.  Even when children are doing things I know that intellectually I should find cute, I can't stand them and don't understand the people who can.  Further, their introduction into a marriage destroys the closeness of the parents and loads an additional chamber or two in the Russian Roulette revolver of divorce for men.

I prefer rats to children.

That said, some 18yo girls look nice.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#25]
My fiance and I are not fans.

Of course, if I accidently shot one through the hoop... well then, we'd have ourselves a kid.

Abortion simply isn't an option for us.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#26]
No kids, and none in the future (clipped)

Don't want kids personally.

My wife just plain doesn't like them, and she'll tell you that she has no maternal instincts.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

No kids, and none in the future (clipped)

Don't want kids personally.

My wife just plain doesn't like them, and she'll tell you that she has no maternal instincts.

N_T is that you?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I love kids.

They taste just like chicken only dress out a lot heavier.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#29]
I simply cannot see bringing a child into THIS world, when every day I wake up and turn on the tv wondering "Well, is DC burning today?" or "Are the ghetto goblins rioting in town today?"

No, cannot do it. 20 years ago sure, but today I cannot see putting a child in a position of "Ok son/daughter, I am gonna send a few rounds toward them to distract them, when I do I want you to run to X and provide cover fire for me"

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I love kids.

They taste just like chicken only dress out a lot heavier.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I couldn't vote because my true feelings on this subject are more complex than simply "yes/no" answers.

I currently have no children. In some ways I like that & others I don't.

On the one hand, children would be a SEVERE financial cost & logicly, it's best to wait. Plus there's the intense fear that I wouldn't do it right & raise some monsterous creature like those Ghetto Goblins in this thread*.

Plus I know that most women these days are strange. You may marry a wonderful lady & then a few years later she morphs into manipulative bitch that sleeps around on you, lies to you, gets your guns siezed & tries to take the kids away from you entirely leaving you peniless & heartbroken.

On the other hand, I do love children. I often daydream about teaching a little one about cards/shooting/reading to them/etc. Everytime I see a child in a store, I smile & wave.
I'd like a family of my own, but in the final analysis, I just don't know if I should.

* http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1143390
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#32]
No.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, I do want kids, but I'm not picky that they be my biological offspring.

As my significant other has a phobia about being pregnant (don't ask), we won't be having our own.  Once I get settled into a better paying gig, we're adopting.  Probably going to take in troubled teenagers from foster care.

And before anyone tells me about the hell that will be, I know, I know, we're fully aware.  My SO worked for the DA putting away child molesters and abusive parents, so she saw all that crap first hand.   We're still going to do it.  Somebody has to.

But if the SO would let me, I'd knock her up tonight.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I simply cannot see bringing a child into THIS world, when every day I wake up and turn on the tv wondering "Well, is DC burning today?" or "Are the ghetto goblins rioting in town today?"

No, cannot do it. 20 years ago sure, but today I cannot see putting a child in a position of "Ok son/daughter, I am gonna send a few rounds toward them to distract them, when I do I want you to run to X and provide cover fire for me"

When I was born we were all going to die in the nuclear winter.

The world is and always has been an unpredictable and dangerous place, but I'd rather raise kids in the USA today than any other time and place in history. The opportunities kids have today and the tools we have as parents are astounding.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Kids? I have two. Will probably breed them soon, so we can start milking them.

OH...you meant children.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Kids? I have two. Will probably breed them soon, so we can start milking them.
OH...you meant children.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#37]
My kids are the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

I stopped at two because I felt like I could provide a comfortable life for two kids.

If I were rich, my wife would stay pregnant.

Kids are a blessing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Hello no. It's a huge gamble with the odds not in your favor of having a fucked up kid. I've seen a ton of horror stories. I don't think that I'm that much of a fuck up and my dad always hints that he wishes he never had kids.

I've got a cousin who was adopted from South Korea. My relatives spent many years and way over 50K to get him. He is only 16 and has been in rehab three times, arrested a bunch, charged with a few felonies, and thrown out of school.

Apparently throwing out the idea of leaving him at the S. Korean embassy during Thanksgiving dinner is not funny.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#39]
I live a life that is conductive not to have kids.

Long story short (though that is one heck of a story). when you don't have an office and your personal library consists of books such as "Practical Homicide Investigation" and "Sex-Related Homicide and Death Investigation", among others, this is not the kind of household to have children in.
("I can't have a baby because I have a 12:30 lunch meeting!"––J. C. Wyatt, (w,stte), "Baby Boom")
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
24, single, and planning on getting sterilized in the not-too-distant future.

I hate the little bastards.  Every time I'm around one of the squawling little brats I keep hoping they'll run into something and fall over.  I don't like the sounds they make, the way they smell, how useless and helpless they are, what a drag and a drain they are on the financial and personal freedom of their parents.  Simply having created a life doesn't mean its worthy of love, and I could NEVER love any offspring I had because of the way they stole my freedom.  Even when children are doing things I know that intellectually I should find cute, I can't stand them and don't understand the people who can.  Further, their introduction into a marriage destroys the closeness of the parents and loads an additional chamber or two in the Russian Roulette revolver of divorce for men.

I prefer rats to children.

That said, some 18yo girls look nice.

Yeah, you seem pretty stable.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#41]
if your ancestors were too tied up with their bull shit toys and hobbies (which they didn't have many or the time for many because they were too busy eking out a living and future) none of your asses would even have been born to ponder this deep question, while you surf Arfcom from your Iphone.

having studied many, many old census forms from 1800-1950, the birth rates are way down, not even sustaining American families.  If you and your wife only have 2 kids, then you are only replacing yourselves

Don't worry though, our friends from Mexico are more than happy to roll up in here and knock the back out their wives and procreate all over, replacing our selfish asses.

and as far as the "won't bring a kid into this world bunch"

What about your ancestors that had kids during the Dark Ages, Civil War, Great Depression, and WW2"?

They had kids in very troubling times and if they hadn't, you would not be here now.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Kids are great, as long as they are somebody else's.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#43]
I am a single dad raising three boys.  It is tough, sometimes it seems overwelming.  Having them is without a doubt the the most fantastic, amazing thing that has ever happened to me.  I could not begin to imagine my life without them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Don't have kids, don't want 'em, don't like other peoples' kids.

+1.  I can't stand being around the little fuckers.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Kids are great, as long as they are somebody else's.

actually, I don't really like other people's kids at all

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
if your ancestors were too tied up with their bull shit toys and hobbies (which they didn't have many or the time for many because they were too busy eking out a living and future) none of your asses would even have been born to ponder this deep question, while you surf Arfcom from your Iphone.

having studied many, many old census forms from 1800-1950, the birth rates are way down, not even sustaining American families.  If you and your wife only have 2 kids, then you are only replacing yourselves

Don't worry though, our friends from Mexico are more than happy to roll up in here and knock the back out their wives and procreate all over, replacing our selfish asses.

and as far as the "won't bring a kid into this world bunch"

What about your ancestors that had kids during the Dark Ages, Civil War, Great Depression, and WW2"?
They had kids in very troubling times and if they hadn't, you would not be here now.

Yeah, and if I hadn't been born, I wouldn't be around to give a shit about that, and the kids I'm not going to have won't be around to care, either.

I'll almost certainly be dead before this country gets bred out of existence, and ideally I won't have any kids around to experience that, so...

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#47]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Have a 5 year old daughter who is the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

That said, if you can't feed 'em, don't fucking breed 'em!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Our kids are the best thing that ever happened to us.  I can't imagine life without them.  They make everything we do 100 times more special than it would be without them.
I do feel that if you are going to have kids, you need to be involved in their lives––-leaving them to be raised by the school system and day care isn't being a parent, it's being a sperm-donor.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I hate kids they should all be aborted
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top