Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/30/2011 12:37:57 PM EDT
I'm not up on all their reasons for doubting the legitimacy of Obama's documentation.

I'm talking about original sources, I have seen links to blogs quoting relatives selectively... actual interviews and stuff.  I also know about the first 3 digits of his SSN.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
In.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I think a big part of it is that the one he released was proven to be a forgery. Apparently, anyway. I don't care too much. *shrug*
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The lack of evidence IS the evidence.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
They keep making some goofy claim about the burden being on Dear Leader to produce a birth certificate because it's not possible to prove a negative, or something like that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Trollin?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think a big part of it is that the one he released was proven to be a forgery. Apparently, anyway. I don't care too much. *shrug*

When was this proven?  It was my understanding that he produced a valid Certificate of Live Birth... the official document provided by is home state.

I'm looking for the other side of the coin.  The evidence of a foreign birth that trumps the evidence of US birth.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#7]
It's simple, every one of us in any normal job has to provide our birth certificate to work.  If he's supposed to work for the people, why can't he provide a birth certificate?  Because he's so much higher and better than us?

FBHO.  I'm not a birther, but damn, it pisses me off.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#8]
The smoking gun; no original birth cert
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#9]
he's brown, so he must be from africa
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Grandmother talking about his birth in Kenya and no doctor or nurse talking about his birth in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't think its a question so much of evidence that birthers have...

As much as it is a question of evidence that BHO refuses to provide.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's simple, every one of us in any normal job has to provide our birth certificate to work.  If he's supposed to work for the people, why can't he provide a birth certificate?  Because he's so much higher and better than us?

I never submitted my original birth certificate... the one that is black with white writing, mine was destroyed when my basement flooded.  I got another copy and it looked just like the one submitted by Obama.  I got a passport, jobs, CCW.. everything that I have as documentation of who I am came from that kind of document either first hand or due to something else acquired using it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When was this proven?  It was my understanding that he produced a valid Certificate of Live Birth... the official document provided by is home state.

I'm looking for the other side of the coin.  The evidence of a foreign birth that trumps the evidence of US birth.

No. Certification of Live Birth.

I'm not taking sides here. Just pointing that out in an effort to correctly define terms.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never submitted my original birth certificate... the one that is black with white writing, mine was destroyed when my basement flooded.  I got another copy and it looked just like the one submitted by Obama.  I got a passport, jobs, CCW.. everything that I have as documentation of who I am came from that kind of document either first hand or due to something else acquired using it.

But did you submit a Driver's License, or Social Security card (either of which would have required a birth certificate to obtain)?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No evidence will satisfy a hardcore birther.

Even he invented a time machine and offered tours back to his birth, there would be still be people claiming he was born in Kenya.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Its pretty simple. Most anyone here can produce a birth certificate that can be validated. We do it all the time for employment, passports, licenses, etc. The POTUS has yet to produce any document of US birth that can validated by any authority. US birth is mandated by US Constitution to qualify as POTUS. If he were working at the department of motor vehicles in almost any state, he would have been terminated for failure to comply within 90 days of hire..
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#17]
If Obama has a real birth certificate, why not produce it? Simple enough. I have one. I would show it. The answer is: He doesn't have one, because he was not born in the USA. Why do the birthers have to produce proof that he was born in Africa? I mean they keep such accurate records in Africa, right? It would be easier for a US document to be uncovered; so, WHERE IS THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE? Even the governor of Hawaii can't find one. Obama is an imposter.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Congress compelled McCain to produce one but refused to require the same of Obuma.  That ought to be enough to make anyone with a brain ask, Where is Obuma's Birth Certificate?  A Certificate of Live Birth is not the same as a Birth Certificate.  Two completely different documents.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But did you submit a Driver's License, or Social Security card (either of which would have required a birth certificate to obtain)?

I used the copy that looked almost identical to the "Certification of Live Birth" to get my drivers license, Passport, and everything else that required a "Birth Certificate" since my original "Birth Certificate" was destroyed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:02:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congress compelled McCain to produce one but refused to require the same of Obuma.  That ought to be enough to make anyone with a brain ask, Where is Obuma's Birth Certificate?  A Certificate of Live Birth is not the same as a Birth Certificate.  Two completely different documents.

Source?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source?

Try this:  http://www.snopes.com/politics/mccain/citizen.asp
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Leave it to some to drop the race card....
Intimidate much?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Grandmother talking about his birth in Kenya and no doctor or nurse talking about his birth in Hawaii.

The grandmother interview, as presented by birthers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlFc4wCpvSo

The whole interview, making it evident that there are people in the birther movement who must idolize Michael Moore.

http://s16v.com/americasright/8167169.wma
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If Obama has a real birth certificate, why not produce it? Simple enough. I have one. I would show it. The answer is: He doesn't have one, because he was not born in the USA. Why do the birthers have to produce proof that he was born in Africa? I mean they keep such accurate records in Africa, right? It would be easier for a US document to be uncovered; so, WHERE IS THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE? Even the governor of Hawaii can't find one. Obama is an imposter.

The Republican Administration in HI have stated publically, that, to the best of their knowledge, Obama was born there.

Obama provided a birth certificate to the media. There are dozens of high-resolution photos of it on factcheck.org.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#26]
he was born in HI and most likely is qualified as a NBC, his BC was ammended when he was adopted by lolo soetero, his legal name was changed to barry soetero. He never bothered changing it back legally, this is what he's hiding and is why everything pertaining to him has been sealed. he may have been switching between the two names when circumstances dictated, and may have enrolled at occidental college as a foreign student.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#27]

So, a simple slip of the tongue and suddenly his "home country" is Kenya.
Whatdoyouknow?

Abercrombie said" the original birth certificate wasn't there."
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Intimidate much?

In my opinion, being brown is responsible for about 90% of this birther nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Whatdoyouknow?

I never said that was evidence I'd use but that is what is what I'm frequently referred to by the birthers I know.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Whatdoyouknow?

I like this one better... as long as we're playing BHO's greatest slips hits.....  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auwe-aGF4Lo
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This.

I'm not a 'birther' myself.  My personal theory is that 0's cert exists, but in the RACE: field it says WHITE or CAUCASIAN.  He'd lose his 'black man' cred if that were made public.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Because birthers are straight up retards who share the bed with truthers and no moon landers.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

^

Yes that.

And of course the 'seriousness of the charges' means we must investigate.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:28:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

but YOU can have a certified copy from the Hosital for only $100.  the hospital gets about 5 requests a week.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Republican Administration in HI have stated publically, that, to the best of their knowledge, Obama was born there.

Obama provided a birth certificate to the media. There are dozens of high-resolution photos of it on factcheck.org.

No, he did not. He provided something referred to as a 'CERTIFICATION OF LIVE BIRTH'.

I could only find 9 photos, not "dozens of high-resolution photos". Perhaps you'd like to share the remaining 15 photos you are referring to?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Oops; dupe post.

...and then got quoted.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No evidence will satisfy a hardcore birther.

Even he invented a time machine and offered tours back to his birth, there would be still be people claiming he was born in Kenya.

Even his wife;

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah .. and everyone who doesn't like the fuck-stain is racist ... right ?    

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source?

mccain was born in the panama canal region.  at the time it was  a us territory.  there was a whole issue on this in the congressional record.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not everyone.  I hate him and I'm not racist.  Although I understand he wasn't born in Africa.  Can you say the same?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are quite a few who clearly are, but if you were to listen to some here, there are none, zero, it is all a smear campaign from the left.  Also, to even suggest that SOME are, is apparently an attempt to claim that ALL are.  This is what passes for political discussion in this day and age.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Intimidate much?

In my opinion, being brown is responsible for about 90% of this birther nonsense.

ETA:  Posted too soon

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source?

mccain was born in the panama canal region.  at the time it was  a us territory.  there was a whole issue on this in the congressional record.

Yet he refers to Arizona as his "home state."  In fact, the idea that "home ANYTHING" means "place of birth" is another thing made up by birthers, along with the "Certificate of Live Birth is not a Birth Certificate" thing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not everyone.  I hate him and I'm not racist.  Although I understand he wasn't born in Africa.  Can you say the same?

I don't think he was born in Africa...but I'm tired of having the race-card thrown whenever anybody tries to oppose him.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think he was born in Africa...but I'm tired of having the race-card thrown whenever anybody tries to oppose him.

fair enough, although I think it applies with birthers
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

word

Just bring out the birth certificate.

All the questions go away.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I'm not up on all their reasons for doubting the legitimacy of Obama's documentation.
I'm talking about original sources, I have seen links to blogs quoting relatives selectively... actual interviews and stuff.  I also know about the first 3 digits of his SSN.

Let's see:
Claim that his great aunt said he was born in Kenya - Debunked: out-of-context quote
Claim that his birth document could have been given to someone not born in HI - Debunked: document says Honalulu, HI

Claim that HI issues a 'Birth Certificate' rather than just long and short forms of 'COLB', and/or that the document presented is 'not a birth certificate' because it says COLB
- Debunked: they do not issue a document entitled 'Birth Certificate'.
Claim that 'African' is not a race you would find on a 1961 document - Debunked: Other HI birth documents from the same period contain 'races' such as 'American' and 'Hawaiian' - indicating that HI put down whatever race the parents asked for.
Claim that the COLB is forged due to having a 2001 date - Debunked: It's not the original, but a certified copy. No one ever claimed that it was the original. High resolution photos were posted, to allow viewers to see the seal and signature, and the overall authenticity of the document.
Claim that he was born in HI but 'renounced' his citizenship in Indonesia - Debunked: He was too young, and his mother had a job with the US Consulate, which she would have lost if she renounced.
Claim that 'Natural Birth' requires 2 US parents, or that 'more' information is needed beyond certification of birth on US soil (or to a qualifying citizen parent, if overseas) - Debunked: 14th Amendment. While his mother was not a qualifying citizen, his birth on US soil as certified by the HI government in the 2001-form COLB, means that parentage does not matter.
Claim that Obama has spent 'Millions' defending birth-cert suits - Debunked, outright lie. The only legal expenses were the normal costs of campaigning for President. It does not take 'millions' to fax a motion to dismiss to whatever court the Birthers are in at the moment...
Claim that McCain had to 'show his certificate to Congress' or was 'investigated' by Congress, whereas Obama was not - Debunked: Congress passed a nonbinding resolution affirming McCain's natural birth, with NO investigation or further consideration. Not that one should be required, given that it's well known he was born to 2 citizens on US military property...
Claim that the HI Governor said that he could not find Obama's original certificate on record - Debunked: Source, a 'Celebrity News Reporter' (think 'ET' or 'Enquirer') admitted to making the whole thing up.

Claim that Obama 'must have foreign citizenship' because he traveled to Pakistan during a supposed 'travel ban' - Debunked: There was no US travel ban, and there is a NY Times article about travel to Pakistan during the same time period. It was absolutely legal and possible to travel to Pakistan on a US Passport at that time - thus, Obama going to Pakistan proves nothing.
Claim that 'lack of evidence' is evidence - Absurd.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Plus it quite strange gramma dies right before the election.

Poor gramma.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top