Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/30/2011 8:52:38 AM EDT
Pampers vs. Huggies.
Is it just me or do the Huggies suck horse cock? Is a diapers purpose just to redirect fecal matter and urine in a specific direction or onto a designated clothing item, or is there some expectation that it contain and possibly absorbs some of this fluid?
WTF?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Cloth
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Pampers vs. Huggies.

Is it just me or do the Huggies suck horse cock? Is a diapers purpose just to redirect fecal matter and urine in a specific direction or onto a designated clothing item, or is there some expectation that it contain and possibly absorbs some of this fluid?

WTF?

Our first two are due June 1.  My wife says we will be using some reusable shit I have no clue.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I was raised on cloth diapers and remember my mother soaking them in the toilet bowl when a #2 was deposited in them. Do they even make cloth ones anymore?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pampers vs. Huggies.

WTF?

Been down that path.  For some things you can negotiate on price and quality.  This is NOT one of them.  

All New Parents BE ADVISED:  Save yourself a bunch of shit (major pun intended) and buy Pampers Brand.  You will save yourself a lot of headache and heartache.  

eta
We used cloth as back ups but ALL OTHER BRANDS are inferior.  Pamper are the only brand –––––– I can PROMISE YOU this.  
We've used several thousand over several years and trust me use Pampers Brand. We've tried using others and just got shit on, over and shit everywhere.  End of story.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#5]
We used Huggies (just now graduating out of Pull-Ups) and they were fine.  I think in the past 5 years of diaper use (multiple kids) the only problem with them was I remember the tabs ripping off a couple when the baby was struggling. No big deal.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#6]
First post gets it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I used Pamper for the first few months and had minimal problems. Then we switched to the Huggies cause we have a Costco membership and thats what they carry. Then the problems started about a month later. In that same time, we changed from milk to solids and he has grown a lot so I was wondering if the problems had anything to do with any of those variables as well. We're getting ready to re-up our 2 month supply so we may try the Pampers ag

Quoted:

Oain.riginally Posted By PantherArms762:

Pampers vs. Huggies.

WTF?

Been down that path.  For some things you can negotiate on price and quality.  This is NOT one of them.  

All New Parents BE ADVISED:  Save yourself a bunch of shit (major pun intended) and buy Pampers Brand.  You will save yourself a lot of headache and heartache.  

eta

We used cloth as back ups but ALL OTHER BRANDS are inferior.  Pamper are the only brand –––––– I can PROMISE YOU this.  

We've used several thousand over several years and trust me use Pampers Brand. We've tried using others and just got shit on, over and shit everywhere.  End of story.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Im surprised at the negativity of Huggies.....after three kids and countless diaper changes I wouldn't use or recommend anything else...interesting.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#10]
G-diapers
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Pampers.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I've actually had the opposite luck - Pampers did not treat us (or our girls' cribs) well! We use Target brand diapers during the day and Huggies Overnites. Both work just fine.

Quoted:

Our first two are due June 1.  My wife says we will be using some reusable shit I have no clue.

Congrats! I have twins, too - I can't imagine having two sets of cloth diapers to keep up with.... it does save quite a bit in the long run, though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't think you can say that across the board. Kids are different sizes and shapes. We ended up with Huggies and they were fine.

I think the best option is to try them all. And don't be surprised if you have to change brands later.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Pampers over Huggies. Don't even think of getting the cheaper ones. Agreed on Target for the best price, but check Wally World too. While you're at it, get one of those diaper caddies too, but avoid the ones that use proprietary liners.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I vote operator error or kids shape.

Huggies were fine for CarbineKid, but that was several years ago
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you can say that across the board. Kids are different sizes and shapes. We ended up with Huggies and they were fine.

I think the best option is to try them all. And don't be surprised if you have to change brands later.

Agreed kids do come in all shapes and sizes....mine were just full of shit    

Not sure of the details but I will say that Pampers worked best for us.....damn they are expensive butt the alternative was getting clothes all pissed and shtted up using other brands (was our experience).  Huggies may be fine for some but our experience after trying what seems like ALL brands was that we went back to Pampers ever time.  

And glad to say we are wayyyy out of that stage now.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Pampers are the better choice. They have a built-in wetness indicator strip. It changes color when urine is present. No need to check with your fingers. My grand daughter is 2 months old and has been going thru the Pampers quickly.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#18]
For both my kids I found that huggies fucking sucked and pampers were good to go.  

PAMPERS, also put a poll up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#19]
pampers kick ass, when i noticed the kids snifing around, i put them outside too
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Pampers FTW

Huggies suck ass, leak and are alot harder feeling.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Try target brand, they work just as good
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cloth

First reply again.
Cloth, if that option is available in your area.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#23]

While it's been quite a few years, we had found that the Toys R Us brand gave a better value over the namebrands.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

For both my kids I found that huggies fucking sucked and pampers were good to go.  

PAMPERS, also put a poll up.

Done.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

target>pampers (based on price)

Are you saying there a Target brand better than Pampers?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Pampers are the better choice. They have a built-in wetness indicator strip. It changes color when urine is present. No need to check with your fingers. My grand daughter is 2 months old and has been going thru the Pampers quickly.

I think the Huggies have an indicator as well. They smell like piss when they need changed.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#27]
The Kirkland ones from Costco are really good too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#28]
All four of mine were in Huggies or in Kirkland brand (Costco - made by Huggies) because that is what fit them best.  Pampers did not work well around their legs at all plus they smelled like they had been packed in baby powder.  Ugh.  

Coth diapers now are a huge improvement over the ones of old.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Depends
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Used huggies on both girls and never had a problem unless we put them on wrong or the girls moved the diapers.

Pampers gave them a rash so we could not use them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Pampers have been great for our 4 month old girl.  We've had exactly one mishap the whole 4 months.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Pampers 12 hour diapers

huggies wipes though
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pampers vs. Huggies.

WTF?

eta

As a man who has a house full of kids, I can tell you that the post above says all you need to know about diaper brands.  Pampers. Period.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Are we talking adults or kids? I buy these by the case but have to use suspenders to keep them sung. Still chafe a little though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Moms work great, now at Vons
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Are we talking adults or kids?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#37]
We used cloth pocket diapers with my son and plan on doing the same with my daughter (who btw is all of 9 hours old ).

We used Mommies Touch with my son.  How it works is there is a outer cover made out of PUL(Polyurethane laminate) with a fleece liner with a pocket in between the inside of the PUL and the fleece.  You place one or more microfiber or hemp soaker pads in the pocket to draw and lock away the moisture.  The fleece naturally wicks the moisture away from the baby's skin and keeps the dry.  On top of the fleece, you can place a rice paper liner that all solid waste sticks to while allowing the liquid to go into the soaker pad.  It makes clean up a breeze since there is no need to soak it in the toilet or whatever they did a million years ago.  One other thing, the diaper fastens with either velcro or plastic snaps, so no pins to stick the baby.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Pampers for us. We've had luck with the "Tugaboo" brand too now as my daughter has gotten older (2). That has been nice to the wallet.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#40]
The answer is totally dependent on the shape of your child's legs and waist. They all fit differently. We could not use the same style, or even brand that worked perfectly with kid 1 on kid 2.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I get these

Quoted:

The Kirkland ones from Costco are really good too.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I thank God that I don't have kids.

I have never in my entire life changed a diaper, and I pray that I die an old man without ever having to.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pampers vs. Huggies.

WTF?

eta

This man speaks the truth, but what I do is use pampers for night time and trips away from home.  For daily home use and day care I get the BJ's brand which work perfectly fine if you keep them changed often.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#45]
We prefer Babies R Us diapers.  Tried all the rest.  The price is right too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I had way better luck with pampers. The pampers seem to fit better, felt softer and more plyable, and for some reason my son was more prone to getting a rash when we used the other brands. If I remember correctly the target brand is nearly identical to pampers and somewhat cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Huggies in our household.  My little girl is almost three now just about completely done with pull-ups.  We tried Huggies and Pampers early on and found the only difference between the two was price.  Performance was good with both.  My little boy is almost two and he also has no problems with the Huggies and we have had no performance complaints.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

target>pampers (based on price)
Are you saying there a Target brand better than Pampers?

yup!

I agree, although diaper performance seems to be kid-specific, they aren't all built the same.

OTOH, Target wipes are really, really good.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Preferred pampers when we used disposables.  Cloth is the schizznet though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#50]
depends, get a small batch of each and try, different brands fit differently... we had good luck with pampers...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top