Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 6:32:51 AM EDT
Bedouin tribesman have reportedly taken control of two towns in the Sinai Peninsula. These two towns are the closest to the Gaza Strip and right next to the border with Israel. There were reports yesterday that Bedouin tribes had besieged a police station in Suez and it appears that these riots have spread. This would effectively end the Mubarak dictatorship’s control of the region. There are no reports of the Egyptian military stepping in here.

The more disturbing news is a threat that has been made by the tribes if Mubarak does not step down. According to one report coming from Time Magazine, they are willing to attack the Suez Canal if Mubarak does not leave. The Suez Canal currently is where a third of the world’s oil and six percent of all products passes through. A seizure of the Canal could spike oil prices beyond the current $90 level, perhaps over $110. This could come to pass despite the fact that Egypt is not a major oil producer.

http://www.worldthreats.com/?p=5659

Hamas gunmen from Gaza battle Egyptian forces in Sinai

The Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, confirmed by its bosses in Damascus, to open a second, Palestinian front against the Mubarak regime. The Muslim Brotherhood is therefore more active in the uprising than it would appear.

Hamas gunmen went straight into battle with Egyptian Interior Ministry special forces (CFF) in the southern Egyptian-controlled section of the border town of Rafah and the Sinai port of El Arish...

http://www.debka.com/article/20608/

Other news...

Sudanese police clash with students in Khartoum

KHARTOUM — Sudanese police beat and arrested students on Sunday as protests broke out throughout Khartoum demanding the government resign, inspired by a popular uprising in neighboring Egypt.

Hundreds of armed riot police fired tear gas on students demonstrating in central Khartoum and in at least two universities in the capital, which were surrounded by police reinforcements. At one, students hurled stones at police cars.

Police beat students with batons as they chanted anti-government slogans like: "We are ready to die for Sudan" and "Revolution, revolution until victory."

Groups have emerged on social networking sites calling themselves "Youth for Change" and "The Spark," since the uprisings in nearby Tunisia and close ally Egypt this month.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41334956/ns/world_news-africa/

Egyptian looters destroy 2,000-year-old mummies in bid to steal King Tut's treasures

The army was on guard at Egypt’s most popular tourist sites last night after two 2,000-year-old mummies in the country’s national museum were destroyed by looters attempting to steal the treasures of King Tutankhamun.

Soldiers were positioned at the Pyramids and Cairo’s Egyptian Museum – the holding place for Tutankhamun’s priceless golden mask and other artifacts – on the fifth day of anti-government demonstrations in the country’s capital.

Nine men broke into the Egyptian Museum in the early hours of yesterday, taking advantage of damage caused to the building’s security by a fire in the neighbouring headquarters of the ruling National Democratic Party.

They were caught by police and a crowd of civilians while carrying out the skulls of two mummies and two statues estimated to be more than 2,000 years old.

One statue, believed to be of Tutankhamun, was broken into two pieces by the thieves, although officials said they hoped to be able to repair it.

Zahi Hawass, chairman of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, said: ‘They tried to attack and rob from the showcases of King Tut, but they failed. These people are criminals, they are not true Egyptians. The nine men were caught carrying skulls and two statues, one of which was broken. But the army are now guarding the museum and all the museums are now safe.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1351826/Egypt-protests-U-S-advises-Americans-leave-30-000-Brits-stranded.html

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Shocked i tell you
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:42:49 AM EDT
[#2]
One wonders just what a bunch of Bedouins would DO with the canal.  Sort of like when that neighborhood dog finally catches the car.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:46:07 AM EDT
[#3]
And when the EA shows up with some T-72s I bet those Bedouins will ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Cluster bombs could straighten that shit right out.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Bring it,
 We can conduct Airborne assaults and secure the canal

Sad thing is i'm stuck in FL
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#6]
What is the position of the Kenyan? Does he have one? Is this guy just a complete moron or just completely in over his head? What is going on?

I hear he has supported this isurrection. That would be like playing with dynamite. If he felt that there should be some type of change in regime there then it should have been started 2 years ago with a slow decline in US aid and backdoor negotiations. What he is supporting now is going to turn into a religious theocracy like Iran.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I am really starting to worry about the canal.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:45:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just sell it to the Chineese, like Panama did after Carter gave it away.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:46:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think they use Abrams' and Pattons now
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Remember 1956.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#11]
What these fucksticks don't realize is that when they topple the Mubarak regime the void is not going to be filled by the winner of a democratic election process, it's going to be filled by either a military dictator or some radical muslim.
They will be much worse off....

Fuck 'em.    
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:56:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bring it,

IDF for the win...

Girls of the IDF
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#13]
tribesmen

Well, there's your whole problem right there.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Remember 1956.

But who will the force to pay for the clean up?  Not the French and British this time.

I suppose we will.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

And when the EA shows up with some T-72sM1A1 Abrams and M60s I bet those Bedouins will ?

Egypt can bring a little more to the party than old Russian shit....

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bring it,

There's a bunch of bored Joes painting rocks at the MFO south camp that would probably be happy to mount up and go kick somebody's ass.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they use Abrams' and Pattons now

That they do.

Egypt had their own production line for the M1, although IIRC it's not operating right now.

Theirs are 'money models', but it's still quite a bit ahead of anything any of their land-border neighbors have, except Israel.

The only Arab nations with better tanks, would be Kuwait and Saudi...

I'm assuming Iraq will get Egyptian-style M1s.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

i told you
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1143844
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Tribes Threaten to Attack Suez Canal commit suicide if Mubarak Does Not Step Down

Title Fixt.

People can say whatever they want about the Suez, about Obama's weakness, or ... well, whatever. There are few certainties in this world but you can bank on this: Anyone closing the Suez will be driven off or dead in very short order. The U.S. doesn't have to be the game-changer in that equation. There are plenty of countries who consider the Suez vital to their internal stability and interests and they would gleefully stomp a mudhole in someone's ass for trying to disrupt it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:14:14 AM EDT
[#20]
We don't need the Suez Canal to operational.  Our President already walks on water.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Tribes Threaten to Attack Suez Canal commit suicide if Mubarak Does Not Step Down

Title Fixt.

People can say whatever they want about the Suez, about Obama's weakness, or ... well, whatever. There are few certainties in this world but you can bank on this: Anyone closing the Suez will be driven off or dead in very short order. The U.S. doesn't have to be the game-changer in that equation. There are plenty of countries who consider the Suez vital to their internal stability and interests and they would gleefully stomp a mudhole in someone's ass for trying to disrupt it.

most of europe would
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Does napalm stick to tribesman garb? Just curious.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Wonder how long it would take to skim out the dead camels.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Someone coined the phrase ghetto goblins in another thread, perhaps we could just call the perps over there sand goblins?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Does napalm stick to tribesman garb? Just curious.

They go up like wax paper.  

Jihadis are also great fun to horse around with.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

One wonders just what a bunch of Bedouins would DO with the canal.  Sort of like when that neighborhood dog finally catches the car.

No shit.

Whatever the outcome, it won't be good (for them).

Should be entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Bring it,

Please look up the 1956 British/French invasion of the Suez.

Cliff Notes: Taking it was easy.  World opinion stunk.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Mubarak is missing a great chance to "thin out" some of the bigger assholes in his country...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Obama wants them to take the canal.... Didn't he once say during a campaign speech that he wanted to see outrageous oil/gas prices? I think the higher oil price that would result from the canal being taken fits his agenda of electric cars and other BS that will bring the economy and the country down further. He does not care about us the people or this country! He is not an american, regardless if he was born in hawaii! He has proved that time and time again!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top