Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2011 10:24:08 PM EDT
Of my NCOs is trying to drop a class that they offer. From what I know they are one of those POS schools but I cant find any dirt online.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]

EXCELSIOR!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd lump it in with AMU.  The military recognizes it, but that doesn't make it legit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Knew of a SGM who said when he needed a degree to progress higher, went to the education center, they showed him Excelsior. He sent in his real college credits, his military training, some cash and they handed him a shiny new diploma.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok I will group this school with AMU and NCI.

I need to convince the army to drop these schools from goarmyed and to ease the requirement for collage education for promotions.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:19:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok I will group this school with AMU and NCI.

I need to convince the army to drop these schools from goarmyed and to ease the requirement for collage education for promotions.

Fuck! We have to make collages now?  I barely have time to go to school.

Wait...how many points per collage?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:29:53 AM EDT
[#6]
1.5 points for every credit hour. That means you need 67 credits to get 100 points under the current promo system.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:54:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I give former military preference when hiring, but Excelsior is
right up there with Phoenix as far as "degrees" go.
It will put you ahead of a GED candidate with some work experience.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:55:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
1.5 points for every credit hour. That means you need 67 credits to get 100 points under the current promo system.

Yeah, but what about the collages?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:56:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but what about the collages?

What do you mean?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top