Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2011 5:26:43 PM EDT
Need help guys. I'm taking dad out for his birthday tomorrow. Want to do Brazillian BBQ. Took him to one in the Mandalay Bay (Rodizio?) for his last birthday and he loved it.

I've never been to Fogo or Texas de Brazil.

Will attempt poll.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Never tried Texas de Brazil, but I'm sure it's good.  Fogo de Chao is awesome!  Just be prepared to shell out some dough.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Fogo and don't look back.

My favorite placet to eat in the universe.

For dessert, get the Creme Brule', your tummy will have a cool tingly feeling for hours.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been to both, and I think Fogo de Chao is better.

I went to the Texas de Brazil in Addison and everything tasted of salt. It was also more expensive IIRC.

However, since you're open to suggestion, there is another place called Master Grill that I liked a lot. I went to the one in the Firewheel shopping center in Garland, but there's one in Frisco too.

http://www.mastergrill.com/
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been to a Fogo, and it was awesome.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Texas de Brazil is my favorite restaurant...and the five or so people I've brought there all declared the same thing too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.rainbow-lodge.com/

And no it's not a gay joint.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Never eaten at Texas de Brazil but everybody says the one in Memphis is the tits !
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Fogo for the win but since the are across the street from each other i go to whichever has the shortest line to get in. Both are superior to 98% of the other places to eat in town.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I vote Texas de Brazil.

I've been to the one in DFW. If I remember I ate more of the fried Plantains than I did the meat.  Overall I liked it.

When I go down to Dallas to visit I normally prefer to eat at Papadeaux.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fogo for the win  .

I agree with this man.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Both are excellent.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]
both but fogo gets the initial nod

and for desert their tres leches cake is awesome
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Fogo de Chao was awesome.  and Sunday lunch was a cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Been to both many, many times. My vote is that Fogo is a little bit better, but Texas is a good bit cheaper. Since it's your dad, you're probably not caring about the money so much, so I'd say Fogo.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Fogo de Chao is my favorite place to eat. If I'm not careful, I can hurt myself really badly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Rafains

Ask for David
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Good replies. Thanks.
Rafain. I didn't think of that one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Fogo de Chao >Texas de Brazil
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fogo de Chao >Texas de Brazil

That seems to be the consensus and urbanspoon agrees.
Lookin like Fogo de Chao with possibly Rafain (my buddy went there and raved, so not sure).
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#21]
99 Helens agree, Fogo De Chao!

Awesome salad bar, also.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Fogo beats all.

$50 per person minimum at dinner.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Texas de Brazil is my favorite restaurant...and the five or so people I've brought there all declared the same thing too.
Yes. But I have not been to the others on the list.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Never eaten at Texas de Brazil but everybody says the one in Memphis is the tits !

I've eaten at the Texas de Brazil in Addison TX, Memphis TN and Fairfax VA. They've all been outstanding. I also ate at the Fogo de Chao in Addison and it was also very good. TdB is my preference though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've eaten at the Texas de Brazil in Addison TX, Memphis TN and Fairfax VA. They've all been outstanding. I also ate at the Fogo de Chao in Addison and it was also very good. TdB is my preference though.

Your opinion carries heavy weight.....
Join date 2001......Post CT 31K.

ETA: Fogo leading in the poll.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:48:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Fogo de Chao for the win in my opinion...

For the record I just ate at one in Sao Paulo Brasil this week, and discovered there are even better Churrascaria's than Fogo BY FAR... Unfortunately non that you will see in the states
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:55:03 AM EDT
[#28]
In NY the choices are between Applebees and Friendly's
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:59:14 AM EDT
[#29]
If you tell Fogo you're coming for a birthday or anniversary you get the excellent flan for free.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:00:52 AM EDT
[#30]
yes. texas de brazil is quite salty, but that doesnt mean its not scrum didily umptious.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:13:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apologies. I have wronged you sir. Jarhead22 is da man but your post count of 49K makes you also da man.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Reservations made for Fogo de Chao. Will post up AAR.
His present? I asked dad (a few months ago) which unit he was proudest of serving in.
He said that the 3rd Armored in Germany was the most enjoyable time in the Army. He liked the unit, the people and loved Germany. So, I went to what must be Poser/Stolen Valor heaven (though it is an good place for true vets as well, I guess)
medals of America.com. I got him a jacket with 3rd armored patch, rank insignia, last name. Gave it to him. He loved it.

So, I have allowed no one to eat anything since 0900!!!!
Thanks for all the good info.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apologies. I have wronged you sir. Jarhead22 is da man but your post count of 49K makes you also da man.

I thought maybe you were just racist against Oklahomans or something.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

His present? I asked dad (a few months ago) which unit he was proudest of serving in.

He said that the 3rd Armored in Germany was the most enjoyable time in the Army. He liked the unit, the people and loved Germany. So, I went to what must be Poser/Stolen Valor heaven (though it is an good place for true vets as well, I guess)

medals of America.com. I got him a jacket with 3rd armored patch, rank insignia, last name. Gave it to him. He loved it.

You will like it.

Be sure and tell your Father he has the respect of AR15.com.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm a Fogo man myself. I would have to mentally prepare myself for a meal there each time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Estancia Churrascaria FTW.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You will like it.

Be sure and tell your Father he has the respect of AR15.com.

I thought maybe you were just racist against Oklahomans or something

No, OK people are good people.

I will tell dad you said so!! He calls ar15.com "Evan's Internet militia gun nut buddies".
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#38]
I've been to FdC a few times. Not impressed.

Too often I was served dry, overcooked meat and too often I saw the same skewer make rounds of the dining room before it was finally served. Sitting near the kitchen door you get to see what goes back in for a re-heating.

For the money there are too many options where they'll serve me a steak just the way I like it, cooked just for me, served precisely when it's ready. I prefer a kitchen-to-table route for my food, not kitchen to table to table to table to table to me.

Also in my few (four for business) visits, it seemed that without a dedicated server for the table, we often went wanting for drink service. By far I have received better table service at more conventional steak houses in town like Capital Grille, Sullivan's or Vic's.

There's one in every crowd, and I guess it's my turn because to me FdC is vastly overrated and I doubt I'll ever cast a shadow in their door ever again.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#39]
We just got back. It was very good. It is pricey but this is once a year thing for us. Dad loved it.
Next special event coming up is Valentine's day. That will likely be Nick and Sam's.

I think we chose well. Though I will hit Texas de Brazil next time to compare.

Most of the time we are eat at home or quite modest places, Outback Steakhouse being the usual Birthday outing.  

Thanks ARFCOM for the god advice.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

We just got back. It was very good. It is pricey but this is once a year thing for us. Dad loved it.

Next special event coming up is Valentine's day. That will likely be Nick and Sam's.

I think we chose well. Though I will hit Texas de Brazil next time to compare.

Most of the time we are eat at home or quite modest places, Outback Steakhouse being the usual Birthday outing.

Thanks ARFCOM for the god advice.

Our advice is good, but I'm not sure it is THAT good.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I think your dad deserves a Charlie Sheen experience.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Fogo de Chao is my favorite place to eat. If I'm not careful, I can hurt myself really badly.

+1

The service at the Fogo in Houston has always been top notch. And they have an awesome wine selection, too. Those damn cheese rolls are baked in the Devil's bakery!

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
99 Helens agree, Fogo De Chao!

Awesome salad bar, also.

You're doing it wrong.  You don't hit the salad bar at a churrascaria.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

The service at the Fogo in Houston has always been top notch. And they have an awesome wine selection, too. Those damn cheese rolls are baked in the Devil's bakery!

Loved the one in HOU when we lived there. My wife almost divorced me one time when I came home from a business meeting there and all I had was a $80 bottle of wine the salesman bought for me. I learned that was not a substitute for being invited...

One of my best moments was at Fogo in Houston. I had taken my wife and both sets of our parents out and felt like I was bigtime (straight out of college and making big $ I thought). I ordered a really nice bottle of wine to start, and was the only one at the table when the waiter came back and presented it to me. I nodded, he poured a sample which I swirled, sniffed and tasted. Problem was it went down my windpipe and pretty much out my nostrils. I gave him the OK as I coghed and had tears coming out of my eyes. I know that guy struggled to get back to the kitchen and laughed his ass off. Glad I was the only one at the table to save a little face but it made a helluva funny story later on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top