Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 1/25/2011 9:37:25 PM EDT
People who say "Wait until the Welfare checks stop..." may not realize how bad they really are.....

I got a panicked call today from a friend. He works in the city of Detroit and was out on a job with his partner this morning and got in a really dicey situation. They were doing some work on the ground (being vague here for OPSEC reasons, but it was nothing to do with electricity) in a "low rent" area in Detroit-the Cass Corridor. While they were working, the power went out to the street. It didn't take 2 minutes before some fat ghetto heffer was out in her bath robe hollering and screaming that she "GOT'S TO WATCH HER SHO!" and they "can't be just cuttin' off da power like dat.". It took another two minutes for the men to start coming out, milling around and then circling their work truck while they packed up their tools and looked for a graceful exit that wouldn't trigger a beat down. My friend is white, his partner black and the partner was telling him within the first minute that they had to GTFO out of Dodge. Then my buddy noticed a porch light was on but dim and he yelled at them to call DTE and tell them there was a brown out. It was still dicey getting away. Seriously, 3 minutes tops and they went from an everyday workday to "Shit, I might not make it thru this..." because the Ghetto Goblins couldn't watch TV.

I'm sure that this is not unique to Detroit, but look at how little it took to get a 'Rat off the couch and in someone's "Grill"......  Power outages alone could be enough to cause thousands of deaths in the first few days-especially in the absence of Law Enforcement.

It would be GAME ON if welfare were ever cut. I'm convinced that the military would have to be called in advanced to maintain order.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Order might not be forthcoming in the event of a .gov payout stoppage.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
"Ghetto goblins"
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What scares me is that in an absence of order, it won't take long to burn out all the buildings in their own 'hood and then spread out for more. That's when things will get bad, just like in the '60s riots.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck em.  Let em get mad.  They are just going to burn their own neighborhoods anyway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Fuck em. Let em get mad. They are just going to burn their own neighborhoods anyway.

Give them enough time without order and an LEO presence, and they'll migrate.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#6]
why is "Grill" capitalized and in parentheses?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck em. Let em get mad. They are just going to burn their own neighborhoods anyway.

Yeah, I know.  It will get interesting, but this career welfarism has to end someday.  They won't like it, but I don't like being taxed so they can skate by in life.  I don't lose sleep over them coming my way.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#8]
new one to me, i like it

Quoted:

"Ghetto goblins"

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"Ghetto goblins"

Ghetto Goblins?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Im assuming to add to its ebonical essence
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

oh, they were black people?  OP was so subtle, I missed that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Are there never power outages in cities, including big cities?
Aren't there lots of them when a hurricane, ice storm, tornado, etc... happens?

Other than Nawlens where have been the societal breakdowns?
Anyway, maybe that should be a strategy.   Cut power to the innner cities for a week.  Afterwards, less welfare checks issued.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I know.  It will get interesting, but this career welfarism has to end someday.  They won't like it, but I don't like being taxed so they can skate by in life.  I don't lose sleep over them coming my way.

It's a real problem with no easy solution, isn't it? We have 3 generations of Welfare families that have never known a family member that got up and went to work in the morning. They typically aren't highschool graduates and have no marketable skill aside from the ability to keep a seat warm. How do you integrate someone who is a poor fit for society like that, even if they WANTED to become productive citizens?

Some people call Welfare "Protection Money", and that's accurate to a degree. Our welfare policies started with Liberal social engineering experiments in the 1960's and have culminated in a public policy where we pay to keep them in prison-like public housing where their own lack of ability to travel far keeps them firmly on the reservation. My own view is that this segment of society is like having a mean dog in your house. Eventually you move his bowl outside to that there is some peace and quiet in the house, but you still have to walk thru the yard to go to work. To get past the dog, you have to feed it and keep it happy or he bites you. To me, that's pretty much where we are at.... If we don't pay them off, they will start biting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a real problem with no easy solution, isn't it? We have 3 generations of Welfare families that have never known a family member that got up and went to work in the morning. They typically aren't highschool graduates and have no marketable skill aside from the ability to keep a seat warm. How do you integrate someone who is a poor fit for society like that, even if they WANTED to become productive citizens?

Some people call Welfare "Protection Money", and that's accurate to a degree. Our welfare policies started with Liberal social engineering experiments in the 1960's and have culminated in a public policy where we pay to keep them in prison-like public housing where their own lack of ability to travel far keeps them firmly on the reservation. My own view is that this segment of society is like having a mean dog in your house. Eventually you move his bowl outside to that there is some peace and quiet in the house, but you still have to walk thru the yard to go to work. To get past the dog, you have to feed it and keep it happy or he bites you. To me, that's pretty much where we are at.... If we don't pay them off, they will start biting.

Dog bites me....dog gets high velocity round to the face.  Just saying
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Anyway, maybe that should be a strategy.   Cut power to the innner cities for a week.  Afterwards, less welfare checks issued.

Things were pretty rough here back in what, '03 when we had the Midwest Power Outage. A whole lot of businesses were burglarized, ATM's yanked out of the street etc. If they would have run out of things to loot  after those 3 days it could have been different. Hell, the National Guard had to bring Water Buffalos in on the 3rd day-wouldn't have been much longer and people would have started to die from dehydration.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, the current paradigm is un-sustainable.
The sooner every person becomes solely responsible for their own welfare, the better we will fare as a nation.
THE SOONER THE BETTER
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

oh, they were black people?  OP was so subtle, I missed that.

This thread is about Welfar Recipients, many of which live in the city. Many people who live in large cities are Black. The people in this story, happen to be Black.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The sooner every person becomes solely responsible for their own welfare, the better we will fare as a nation.
THE SOONER THE BETTER

As much as I hate paying taxes to support the Welfare State, and as much as I would love to starve a liberal, I don't look forward to the human crisis that would happen if the checks stopped coming. I don't have an answer for how to stop the process, and I don't think it's sustainable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyway, maybe that should be a strategy. Cut power to the innner cities for a week. Afterwards, less welfare checks issued.

Things were pretty rough here back in what, '03 when we had the Midwest Power Outage. A whole lot of businesses were burglarized, ATM's yanked out of the street etc. If they would have run out of things to loot after those 3 days it could have been different. Hell, the National Guard had to bring Water Buffalos in on the 3rd day-wouldn't have been much longer and people would have started to die from dehydration.

They had some problem in the big blackout in NYC in the 1960's as well. Very limited in scope.

Not saying, nothing would happen, but it would have to be a very widespred outage (statewide) for a long period of time (weeks) before things would get real ugly. Of course the reason for outage and expections of repair could change that dynamic a lot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Ghetto goblins"

Ghetto Goblins?

"Ghetto Goblins".... hehe
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#21]
To Hell with 'em.

Bring it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ebonical Essence

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Range is hot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:31:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Ghetto goblins"

Ghetto Goblins?

"Ghetto Goblins".... hehe

Look what you started.  Easily a dozen people who will now say "Ghetto Goblins" –– only to be snatched up and reused by folks within earshot.  A year from now it will be a standard phrase.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Conscription/draft - drop them off in a 3rd world shithole & let them burn it down.

Bring them back once they're done & teach them to dig ditches if they aren't capable of learning a trade.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They had some problem in the big blackout in NYC in the 1960's as well. Very limited in scope.

Not saying, nothing would happen, but it would have to be a very widespred outage (statewide) for a long period of time (weeks) before things would get real ugly. Of course the reason for outage and expections of repair could change that dynamic a lot.

I think you are being optimistic. Going "weeks" without power on a statewide level means no way to get money, no way to buy fast food or munchies (there are no grocery stores in Detroit-zero. Just "party stores" that sell chips, pop, and beer), no way to cash a welfare check, The buses won't be running so no way to get to work for the few that do etc. etc.

I can only draw on my own experience as a suburbanite-when the power went out I got caught with my pants down. It was what motivated me into preparedness.. I had 1/8th of a tank of gas, $1 in my wallet, I was a 35 minute drive from home and I had to check on my family because they were alone with my Dad in Korea on business. They were a lot better off than I was-they had bottled water to give to me. I was at work when it happened and didn't get home until 3-4 hours later which was good because I wouldn't have made it home with freeway traffic and there was no way to get gas. It was 4 days in my area before power returned, and water wasn't safe to drink for another day after the pressure returned. I had one bottle of water a day to drink and had a bad headache for it.

That first night was a real eye opener. I lived on the North East side of Detroit at the time, in a quiet apartment complex. I had never met any of my neighbors, but after it got cool and dark I went for a walk around the complex. There were hundreds of people milling around. Nobody was upset yet, but you know what it feels like to be around a large group of men who have nothing to do... I went home and loaded mags in the dark because my only flashlight was dead. By the third day there was a lot of yelling and fighting.

I learned a lot from the experience, and now have a place to go if things get stupid but some of my preps are not quite in place yet. Hopefully this year will be better with work and allow me to do a few things.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#27]
"GOT'S TO WATCH HER SHO!"

One of the better stories I have read.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#28]

It won't be so bad if armed tax payers were allowed to put rabid animals down without asking too many questions.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

NYC
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

THE SOONER THE BETTER

As much as I hate paying taxes to support the Welfare State, and as much as I would love to starve a liberal, I don't look forward to the human crisis that would happen if the checks stopped coming. I don't have an answer for how to stop the process, and I don't think it's sustainable.

It's going to be a bloodbath.  That said, I'd rather get it out the way now, before my son grows up burdened with the task of taking care of an ever-growing number of unproductive people, only to have the system collapse on him and be too fucking old to help him look after his family.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It won't be so bad if armed tax payers were allowed to put rabid animals down without asking too many questions.

Let's not go there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#32]
So long as they stick to burning their own shit up who really cares?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:55:54 PM EDT
[#33]
They will sell Alaska back to Russia* & seize the 401k's before they will EVER cut welfare.

*Albeit at a higher rate.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:02:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Those are scare quotes, not parentheses.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#35]
This is my normal response to people who ask me why I am the way I am.

I just ask them how long do they think they could go with the power being out?

People start in with the, "Well it always just comes back on in a few minutes to hours."

What if it does come back on for a few days?

I have food, enough gas in my car, and you know it always come back on..."

What if it doesn't?

How long can you make it?

People start to change the subject real quick.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

migrate into a bunch of lead poisoning in this state.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Frustrated Darwin Unleashed
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

People start in with the, "Well it always just comes back on in a few minutes to hours."

What if it doesn't?

Ours went out winter before this one for 11 days. Even being prepared, losing it for that long in the dead of winter is rough. Especially when your gen goes tits up. You can think youre prepared but trust me lots of stuff rears its ugly head you wont ever expect or prepare for.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm with him.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

PD from the "good" areas of town tend to secure those routes, and strongly encourage* residents to return to their neighborhoods.
Oh, and PD from the good area of town will likely be functioning long after the ghetto burns.

* Point a rifle at and say "Turn the Fuck around before I blow your head off"
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm with him.

So am I.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#42]
As long as you have enough ammo your rifle is sustainable.

Cut off welfare, there will be riots, military and police won't make a difference, as always as it ever will be, law abiding citizens will defend themselves.  It will not end well for those wishing to do evil.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#43]
there will be no ending of welfare....jebus
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, thats why most of us have the weapons and training we do. I don't think a migration would last long. I just hope that the military would not be involved. If you think that just the "ghetto goblins" would be under martial law, you're wrong. That would turn bad really fast.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What scares me is that in an absence of order, it won't take long to burn out all the buildings in their own 'hood and then spread out for more. That's when things will get bad, just like in the '60s riots.
Let 'em come. We're armed for a reason.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

What if it doesn't?

I've had that same conversation with the same results with several people.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:54:20 PM EDT
[#47]
When I lived in Baltimore I had a bug out plan involving my boat and a lot of distance.  I would have executed it if Barry had lost the election.  Stopping the welfare checks would be an immediate bugout from the city though.  Fortunately I don't think the .gov would be that dumb.  They'd more likely just print money and inflate the welfare rates down as money.....got......tight........Wait a minute!  I guess I'm gonna bug out as soon as I get home.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:56:57 PM EDT
[#48]
You guys have never heard the term ghetto goblin?  I remember hearing it back when I started in EMS in '92.  

As much as we'd like them to quit pissing away our tax dollars it's not going to happen.  Honestly, like in one of the examples another poster typed, it's basically keeping them in one place.  Think of section eight housing and the failure that is.  Now look at how so many areas are trying to convert the projects to single family dwellings and so they close the projects and the trolls disperse into the surrounding area- primarily the apartment complexes.  Suddenly areas that were nice are complete shitholes- just like the projects these people left.  In some ways it's better to keep them all centrally located and away from the tax paying decent folk.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:58:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
there will be no ending of welfare....jebus

Worth saying again.

As long as you have enough ammo your rifle is sustainable.

Cut off welfare, there will be riots, military and police won't make a difference, as always as it ever will be, law abiding citizens will defend themselves. It will not end well for those wishing to do evil.

*scoffs*. Regardless of ammo/training, if there are enough enemy numbers your toast. The alamo/Thermopolye/Shugart & Gordon/etc.

Remember all those stories we hear about here with gangbangers coming into gunstores for AK's/glock's?
There would be a significant number of armed crazies out there.

How many people in yall's house are prepared for such events? I don't mean just having a gun, but the will/grit to use it too. Can your wife/elderly mother/seven year old son handle watching the backyard for masses of thugs with molotov's?

Yes, we armed people would fare better. But it would not be the fun ride many envision it to be.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#50]
A hand up in hard times is one thing, but the legacy hand-outs need to stop.  The government teat should NOT be a career path, but there are generations of families who only plan on living off welfare, or use it to subsidize income from illegal activity.

This shit needs to stop.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top