Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2011 9:18:24 PM EDT
I travel a lot for business so I probably come into contact with more inconsiderate jerks than most people, but I think the quantity of them is on the rise.

Tonight I'm in a hotel in St. Louis and at midnight the clock radio in the room next to me turns on at such a high volume that I can't hear my TV (I watch at a low volume anyway so I don't disturb my neighbors).  I call the front desk to see if anyone is in that room, and it's empty.  Took them 10 minutes to send someone to open the room and turn the radio off.

People who do things like this should be beaten with the nearest heavy object, but unfortunately that's not currently legal.  Personally, I hope these types of people die in a fire.

Update 2/2/11:  Stuck here in Rockford, IL in the snowpocalypse and the jerk in the room above me wakes me up at 7:30 by alternating fits of screaming with singing loudly and off key.  I try to be a good neighbor and let it go until 8am when I realize he isn't going to stop.  Call the front desk and ask if they would like me to beat him.  It's now 10:30am and most of the noise has stopped, except for the occasional stomping around.

I'm tempted to go up there, punch him in the face and drag his sorry carcass outside and toss him in a snowbank.  Maybe someone would find his body in a couple of weeks.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I hope these types of people die in a fire while choking on their blood screaming my name
added some to it

local DJ always uses that line LOL

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope these types of people die in a fire while choking on their blood screaming my name

added some to it

A considerable improvement!

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you should be able to punch someone in the face at leat once a year jail/fine free.  A rude tax.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have noticed in the last few years that the unspoken/unwritten laws of high beam headlight usage are not being adhered to.

Assholes in oncoming lanes will flip their brights on 30 feet ahead of me if their intersection is coming up.  They know that the law doesn't allow me to do a u-turn and beat them.
When did it become acceptable to run brights on divided highways with traffic both ways?
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think you should be able to punch someone in the face at leat once a year jail/fine free.  A rude tax.

I have often said that nurses should be able to prescribe and administer therapeutic bitch-slaps.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#6]
And to think I got yelled at by my Sgt for asking a "gentleman" on the receiving end of a beat-down at a bar if he had deserved said beat-down.

I would be all for a change in the law to allow those deserving of a beating to get what they earned... But, Eighth Amendment and all gets in the way.

Shit would change if I was in charge.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

added some to it

A considerable improvement!

Put my name on the newsletter mailing list.

Thankyouverymuch.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I know what you mean OP. Pretty much why I can't stand to drive anywhere. I do it out of necessity and try to avoid it as best I can. During 5 o' clock traffic you get to see the real society for what it truly is,. full of jerks and dillweeds
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Tonight I'm in a hotel in St. Louis and at midnight the clock radio in the room next to me turns on at such a high volume that I can't hear my TV (I watch at a low volume anyway so I don't disturb my neighbors).  I call the front desk to see if anyone is in that room, and it's empty.  Took them 10 minutes to send someone to open the room and turn the radio off.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh shit, that's going to be my next hotel room prank!
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have noticed in the last few years that the unspoken/unwritten laws of high beam headlight usage are not being adhered to.

Assholes in oncoming lanes will flip their brights on 30 feet ahead of me if their intersection is coming up.  They know that the law doesn't allow me to do a u-turn and beat them.
When did it become acceptable to run brights on divided highways with traffic both ways?

And WTF is it with the road/fog lights on when it isn't foggy. Usually those lights are pointing right in your face anyway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I once used the clock-radio to pay back some douche-nozzles who decided to party all night 2 nights in a row at the Hotel I stayed at in Jax-Fl last year.

When I work that area it takes me 3 1/2 days to do it so I reserve a king suite room for the extra comfort. On night number 2 the couple in the next room decide to get their freak on about 0200. They were playing a SRV CD and so I figured after  30-45 min that was enough. I called the front desk and ask them to call room xxx and ask them to tone it down. No problem, they did.

Night number 3 is a replay of night number 2 except this time it must have pissed them off. The loud music went on from 0100-0230. Ok assholes I have a surprise for you in the AM.

I had a business breakfast with one of my accounts at 0700 so I needed to check out about 0630. Here is how my evil mind works. I set the clock radio to one of the local RAP stations at full volume set to go off at 0645. As I walked out past their door, I removed the Do Not Disturb sign and replaced it with the Make Up Room early sign that I had. While I was checking out, I let the girl at the desk know that she was going to get a loud noise complaint from the couple in room xxx. I asked her to tell them if they wanted to know who did it to look out their window.

As planned at 0647 the curtain in their room opened, I waived, gave them the double FUAROCK sign, got in my truck and drove off.

The next time I stayed their, the girl at the front desk (who remembers me as I stay there once every 5-6 weeks) commented to me with a big smile on her face how funny it was what I did and added that with the sign change, the couple did wake up again with the maid knocking on the door.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Wait till some asshole buys lunch and then wants to count change and put shit in order in his wallet .
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And to think I got yelled at by my Sgt for asking a "gentleman" on the receiving end of a beat-down at a bar if he had deserved said beat-down.

I would be all for a change in the law to allow those deserving of a beating to get what they earned... But, Eighth Amendment and all gets in the way.

Shit would change if I was in charge.

I think you should be able to detain an asshole for up to ten minutes while you convene a committee consisting of (1) You; (2) An ordained minister of a generally recognized religion, or someone who regularly attends worship at a generally recognized religious establishment, or someone who has at some time walked or driven past a church; (3) A law enforcement officer, a teacher employed at a private school, an outlaw biker, or some other person who is or formerly was a member or associate of an organization whose members are understood by law or custom to use force or violence in connection with the organization's activities; and (4) A physician, nurse, hospital orderly, automobile mechanic, bartender, or some other person who provides or has needed care, understanding, or repairs.

These people would encircle the asshole, shouting about how he deserved everything he was getting and then some, as you beat him.

These people would then say affirmative things to you, praising your decisiveness and public spirit.

These people, if called upon, would testify that they saw the asshole attck you with a tire iron, but without provocation.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I think you should be able to detain an asshole for up to ten minutes while you...

You've been honing this in your mind for a while now, just sharpening it to a razor's edge, haven't you?

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh shit, that's going to be my next hotel room prank!

Kindly die in a fire, please.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Updated with jerk o' the day.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top