Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/23/2011 3:02:56 PM EDT
A gunman walked into a Detroit police precinct this afternoon and shot a commander and three other officers before he was killed, police sources confirmed.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110123/METRO/101230331/Four-Detroit-police-officers-shot-inside-precinct
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that's just fucking great
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Palin and right-wing talk radio's fault.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Four cops shot in Detroit precinct, gunman killed
According to Sgt. Todd Eby, the gunman walked in at about 4:20 p.m. with a pistol grip shotgun

New item for the ban list?
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#4]
It is detroit. What do you expect?
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Great.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

According to Sgt. Todd Eby, the gunman walked in at about 4:20 p.m. with a pistol grip shotgun

Probably, it won't matter that, with a simple hacksaw, a harmless fudd shotgun can be converted in minutes to a pistol-gripped shotgun.

It's sad, but my first thought when seeing this thread title was: "I hope it's not 'high-capacity' magazines."
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.detnews.com/article/20110123/METRO/101230331/Four-Detroit-police-officers-shot-inside-precinct

The wild west is 10 miles from my front porch....

...Sunday's shooting capped off a bloody weekend that saw at least 10 people
shot since Friday night
- four at the precinct, three outside a strip
club, and three murder victims found ina housein the 14000 block
ofFaircrest.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck... Why can't people just off themselves
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A gunman walked into a Detroit police precinct this afternoon and shot a commander and three other officers before he was killed, police sources confirmed.

Let's see.  Gunman walks into a place where people are armed.  His shooting spree is cut short by return fire.  

But, had this been anywhere else, we'd be informed that we have to disarm to victimize ourselves to keep this from happening.  Yet, this is proof positive that being armed will stop these idiots in their tracks.  

I suggest that what is good for the goose is good for the gander.  Disarm the police so they won't be the victims of these horrible shooting sprees.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#10]
unpossible. I thought these were posted all over detroit:

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Detroit is one IED blast away from being Mexico.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No shit.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I bet some news reporter will say the phrase "Assault shotgun" before this is over.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Suicide by cop; great!

Prayers outbound for the four brothers; hope they recover.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Good question.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Pistol grip shotgun ban.

Nobody needs one.  Cop killer!

Could be fitted with high capacity clips or God forbid magazines!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Detroit is about as bad as you can get in the United States of America.

It's a war zone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#18]
"Sunday's shooting capped off a bloody weekend that saw at least 10 people shot since Friday night — four at the precinct, three outside a strip
club, and three murder victims found in a house in the 14000 block
of Faircrest."
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

maybe thats what the BATFE will be announcing on monday.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#20]
At this point the best possible outcome would be that the shooter used a Saiga 12 since the ATFE is stopping their importation anyway.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's a war zone.

isn't D.C. just as bad?  Shitcago?  Baltimore?

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8UBxF2HX9R8/SDFWrV-0RXI/AAAAAAAAAHU/vIkHGT9mh_g/s400/no%2Bgun1.JPG

So in Detroit its illegal to carry  a GyroJet?
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Sort of puts the utility of a PGS in perspective that he managed to only wound four officers while succeeding to get himself killed. Just heard that one of the officers is in critical condition.

DAMN!! It is a world gone mad!
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#25]
It's got to suck being a cop in Detriot.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet some news reporter will say the phrase "Assault shotgun" before this is over.

About 15 years ago there was a high profile shooting in the news in which the assailant used a Walther PPK .380 pistol.

On the CBS Evening News, Dan Rather referred to it as "an Attack Pistol."

I'm not kidding.

This was after the AWB had been passed, and I think CBS was hoping for a ban on "attack pistols" next.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sort of puts the utility of a PGS in perspective that he managed to only wound four officers while succeeding to get himself killed. Just heard that one of the officers is in critical condition.

Curtail anti-depressant use severely, shooters in these type of incidents usually have a long history with them.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a war zone.

isn't D.C. just as bad?  Shitcago?  Baltimore?

didn't you hear?

DC murder rate is decreasing.

don't look at PG county's numbers though.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curtail anti-depressant use severely, shooters in these type of incidents usually have a long history with them.

Both of the Columbine shooters had been prescribed heavy doses of SSRIs.

SSRI drugs factor into several other cases like this too.

It is well known that these drugs can cause psychotic episodes in a small (but significant) percentage of users.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#30]
bump since the other thread got locked.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#31]
You'd think a Police Station in Detroit would have better security, like hescos and concertina wire. I pray for a speedy recovery for the victims.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Coincidentally, I watching Robocop as we speak.

Lets get some ED 209's rolling into Detroit! Delta City would be awesome.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I suggest that what is good for the goose is good for the gander.  Disarm the police so they won't be the victims of these horrible shooting sprees.  

.....Huh?

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#34]
And another shooting at a Washington Wal Mart, 2 SO deputies injured.  Port Orchard area.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#35]
How the fuck? Cleveland Police Dept is like a fortress. How do you just walk in, and shoot a Commander?

Put this with the cops shot in Cleveland, Boston, and Miami last week, and the Giffords incident....
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's see.  Gunman walks into a place where people are armed.  His shooting spree is cut short by return fire.  

But, had this been anywhere else, we'd be informed that we have to disarm to victimize ourselves to keep this from happening.  Yet, this is proof positive that being armed will stop these idiots in their tracks.  

That's just what I was going to say.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Prayers for the murdered officers and their family's......
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#38]
This sucks. Expect copycats. This is not going to help police citizen interaction.

RIP cops trying to serve and protect
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Don't give anyone ideas.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's got to suck being a cop in Detriot.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Prayers for the murdered officers and their family's......

I don't think any of them died.

Glad they put him down.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8UBxF2HX9R8/SDFWrV-0RXI/AAAAAAAAAHU/vIkHGT9mh_g/s400/no%2Bgun1.JPG

My first thought
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#43]
its a liberal utopia, how can this happen
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#44]
This sucks. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, though. For all the "Detroit is a war zone" stuff, there are relatively few cop casualties. The violence is seemingly largely criminal-on-criminal, or at least criminal-on-innocent.

Quoted:
Quoted:

So, will it end up being a cut-down-and-not-registered old Model 12 or something, or a new Mossberg "JIC"? Anything under 30" OAL in MI is a pistol and needs to be registered, but a lot of JICs are purchased anyway. Of course, it's easy to put a $5 pistol grip on a 18" shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Lucky there were armed people in the police station,otherwise there would have been a lot more dead people.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm.... no.  People are on anti-depressants because they already have a mood disorder of some type.

And if you want us to go back to the tricyclics, my answer is a hearty "F*ck you."  An overdose of an SSRI is one of the more benign overdoses you can have... you can practically fill up your stomach all the way to the top of your esophagus with Zoloft pills and be fine.  Try that with tricyclics, and you're as dead as last week's roses.

It always struck me, back when prescribing in the tricyclic era, that you'd have a depressed/suicidal patient in your office, and send them to the pharmacy to get a bottle full of medicine that could easily kill them if they took the whole thing.  Seemed kind of perverse to me.

ETA:  sorry for the threadjack.  Hope the officers recover.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Hope my cousin is ok, he works on the Detroit PD for experience.  He said he could write a book that boggle one's mind.  Like having to keep shotguns in the trunk and unloaded.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#48]
tag for details of shooter.

has the lamestream media tried calling this guy a tea party supporter yet ?

$100 bucks says he had previous run ins with the law, is a democrat and on medications.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

and thus should be fenced the fuck off so the fuckstains can all just slaughter each other! we also need to take this same approach with a few other cities, DC, Baltimore, Oakland, LA, Charlotte, and a few others.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Want to hear something really messed up,  I live about 20minutes from downtown Detroit.  I was at work all day with the game on and just got home, I  never heard a news broadcast about this.
Just now is the first time I have heard anything about this.  You'd think it would make the news, Guess its normal

EDIT: And I hear about it from a person in Brasil
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top