Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 1/17/2011 5:07:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I still find it hilarious that several coal miners' unions were all for Obama in '08.  And, because they're unions, they'll still be behind him next year.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
What was it about a frog and boiling water?

I guess he figures one industry at a time and nobody will notice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Drilling, mining. What's next?

Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like hostility to me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#6]
So does this mean, if they cannot get a law through Congress, they will just implement rulings by the sitting Czars? Just testing the water to see the reactions??

Fucking commie cock suckers.all of em
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A move by the Environmental Protection Agency to revoke the long-standing permits for a mammoth coal mine in West Virginia sends a strong signal that President Obama plans to implement key parts of his agenda even though newly empowered Republicans can block his plans in Congress.

In the aftermath of the November elections, many political pundits predicted that the once-unchecked Obama legislative machine would turn it's energies to federal rulemaking as a way to circumvent Republicans on Capitol Hill. And the EPA’s decision last week suggests that those forecasts were spot-on.

Much to the consternation of the West Virginia delegation in Congress, the coal industry, and the working people of the Mountain State, the agency took the unprecedented step of revoking a mining permit that it had issued four years ago to Arch Coal’s Spruce No. 1 Mine in Logan County, West Virginia.

KEEP VOTING FOR DEMOCRATS, WEST VIRGINIA!!!

We have voted R in the last 3 presidential elections.

Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I still find it hilarious that several coal miners' unions were all for Obama in '08.  And, because they're unions, they'll still be behind him next year.

Fuck them, fuck their dead grandmothers and fuck unions.

Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Kill jobs in a recession.  Smooth move.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I think in this case the mining company has grounds to sue the hell out of the EPA since the permit had already been granted.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh well, I don't use coal, I use electricity for my heat so I don't care.

Seriously, he just fucked the unions that supported his ass.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

This.  Coal miners always complain about Reagan cutting funding for coal research to, I don't know, balance the budget or somesuch nonsense.  However, when a left-wing moron takes office it's miraculously better, even though he would be the one more likely to cut coal funds due to "Global Warming".  As long as the miners are too blind to not be led by the unions they'll continue to vote whichever way the union wants.

Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Double tap?
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Triple tap?
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  Coal miners always complain about Reagan cutting funding for coal research to, I don't know, balance the budget or somesuch nonsense.  However, when a left-wing moron takes office it's miraculously better, even though he would be the one more likely to cut coal funds due to "Global Warming".  As long as the miners are too blind to not be led by the unions they'll continue to vote whichever way the union wants.

Racist.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Where am I going to get the electricity to recharge my Volt...
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A move by the Environmental Protection Agency to revoke the long-standing permits for a mammoth coal mine in West Virginia sends a strong signal that President Obama plans to implement key parts of his agenda even though newly empowered Republicans can block his plans in Congress.

In the aftermath of the November elections, many political pundits predicted that the once-unchecked Obama legislative machine would turn it's energies to federal rulemaking as a way to circumvent Republicans on Capitol Hill. And the EPA’s decision last week suggests that those forecasts were spot-on.

Much to the consternation of the West Virginia delegation in Congress, the coal industry, and the working people of the Mountain State, the agency took the unprecedented step of revoking a mining permit that it had issued four years ago to Arch Coal’s Spruce No. 1 Mine in Logan County, West Virginia.

Just put a brand new D in the senate.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#20]
So I take this to mean that government scientists have finally discovered the key to harnessing the power of rainbows?  Otherwise, why would they try to cripple all energy produc...

oh.

oh....

Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Where am I going to get the electricity to recharge my Volt...

start fartin' into a windmill
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Where does your electricity come from?
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#23]
If I'm not mistaken, the EPA has blocked every coal mine permit submitted since 2008.

In VA not a single one has been approved to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just put a brand new D in the senate.

I voted for his competition, which was a complete loon. Manchin is a little closer to R than most of the R's that are currently serving
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Kind of like destroying all the used cars in a recession.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder what would happen if the mine company said fuck it, and started mining anyway ?
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Remember, his energy policy will cause rates to necessarily sky rocket.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wonder what would happen if the mine company said fuck it, and started mining anyway ?

Megafines for the owners.  If they refuse to pay the fines, seizure of assets and jail time.  If they refuse to come quietly, death.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Kill jobs in a recession. Smooth move.

This is what amazes me. First drilling, now coal. They keep fucking with infrastructure money. This piece of crap Pres is really sinking this country!

We've got to get our heads out of our asses in this country and STOP letting special interests run the show. They want to stop all kinds of job producing industry while all around the world it is business as usual. Not everyone will grow up to be executives. This is leaving the US further and further behind in this global economy.

Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#31]
We are the fucking Saudi Arabia, Venezuala, and Kuwait of Coal, and this asshole wants to shut it down? He gets elected again this country deserves it's fate.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Remember, his energy policy will cause rates to necessarily sky rocket.

Nah - that's just campaign rhetoric, don't you know?

I still can't believe people voted for a man who explicitly said that ENERGY WAS TOO CHEAP.  Or at least, I don't want to believe it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

then every one of the miners on the site would end up in federal prison.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Where does your electricity come from?

The wall plug, duh.

Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Unfucking real.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's precisely how a whole lot of people think.

Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We are the fucking Saudi Arabia, Venezuala, and Kuwait of Coal, and this asshole wants to shut it down? He gets elected again this country deserves it's fate.

Sad but true.

Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Beck's rantings about Cloward and Piven are beginning to ring true.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of like destroying all the used cars in a recession.

Who would do such a......

oh, nevermind.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#41]
It would be nice to shut the power off to the White House and Camp David.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's precisely how a whole lot of people think.

True,
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#43]
The last Quoted price of Arch Coal was $34.04.

If I were able I'd Sell Short the stock as much as possible.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Stating first that I have family in those coal mines...that would be too fucking bad for them. They voted for this shit knowing full well 0bamunist stated he would do this. So they get what they voted for.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Nobody has ever hated anything more than that cocksucker hates America.  He will leave America in ashes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#46]
There's nothing can be done for at least two more years.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#47]
West Virginia loves their Democracks!!

everything in the state is names after Byrd    if a Dem runs in WV, they will vote them in.   alaways been that way, always will.

you guys should hear the  radio adds during election years  for the local Wv elections, lol  good stuff.    I live almost on the border and get to watch that sinking, dying state from a safe distance
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Check this out.  Another anti Coal  move.

http://thepeoplestribune.com/?p=8273

My area just lost 70 VERY GOOD JOBS,   Mostly because the coal fired power plant was not up to MO DNR/EPA standards and on top of that EPA is trying to get the cinder pile designated as a hazerdous waste site.....

Company said  screw it  shut it down.  Another school districts  tax base  cut in half over night.  

The economic FAIL is just, well I don't have the words.     Economic  Suicide really comes to mind. True Blue idiocy.

Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm gonna hold back my actual comments, as I think what I may have to say may get me banned...

I will say this, until some of you folks come over here, live your fucking lives like we do here, do the jobs that we do to keep your fucking lights on, and put up with the shit we do from everyone else, I don't think anyone on this board other than West Virginians have any place to say what is wrong with WV.

In case some of you may not know, hatred for Obama in WV is very strong.  This hatred goes both ways.  Maybe he'll realize someday when your fucking lights go out that he fucked with the wrong industry.

I'm done in this thread
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There's nothing can be done for at least two more years.

yes there is, the house republicans can grow some spine and start to push back. they won't succeed but it lays the ground work for a complete take over in 2012
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top