Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2002 12:35:10 PM EDT
Well I'm off to Canada to go fishing soon and I was wondering what the best speed on my trolling motor is to get Walleye.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
something fishy about this thread.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought Walleye hugged the bottom and the best way to fish for them was to jig for them or use minnows just off the bottom.  Although I have seen some taken while trolling at about 3-5 mph.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I fish both sides of the border as our camp is on a lake that spans the boerder. Dukota is right. Troll for salmon or trout or sturgeon or northern pike, but not walleye. The walleye start running in the next week and you would do well to fish them in a brook coming into the lake.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Trolling is fine for walleyes, but make sure you are going slow enough. My dad bought a new boat a few years ago and suddenly we couldn't catch walleyes any more; we started to drag a couple of pails with holes drilled in them to slow the boat down and then we started catching fish again.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Trolling is fine for walleyes, but make sure you are going slow enough. My dad bought a new boat a few years ago and suddenly we couldn't catch walleyes any more; we started to drag a couple of pails with holes drilled in them to slow the boat down and then we started catching fish again.
View Quote

That's right, they like a reeeaaalllly slow presentation.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's right, they like a reeeaaalllly slow presentation.
View Quote

So did my high school sweetheart!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top