Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2002 3:24:00 PM EDT
Damn!

I'm trying to make my famous Tuna Casserole and the (^$*Damn Oven won't come on.

Its a Tappan Gas oven. The burners on top won't 'spark', so I've been using a match to light THEM....what do I do to get the oven to come on?

I don't know smack about pilot lights either...

ARRGH!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I had this happen to me before and I was able to trace it back to a fuse.
If you can try tracing it back to power then go from there.
There is normally a skematic (sp?)that might help a bit (or not).
Sears has a crew that run around and fix stuff like this. They might be the cheapest on the block.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure there is power at the wall outlet where it is plugged in and that it is plugged securely.
Don't laugh, I've seen it happen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
what ever you do, DO NOT go looking for a gas leak with a match and/or a lighter!  We might just see you on the annual Darwin Awards [:D]

Gas is nothing to mess with, seek professional help if you're clueless (cheaper than a new stove AND kitchen! and of course your life and the lives of others.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top