Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2002 6:30:31 AM EDT
Hey, ETH, et al.

Sorry for missing the pink floyd website post.  I was too busy showing friends here the most awesome thing I have have seen for enjoying music on a PC.

No, I am not kidding.  This is truly unique.

And is it freeware!

Download Winamp.  [url]www.winamp.com[/url]

After downloading it, install it.  Very simple and straight forward procedure (you can do it ETH)

Ok, now for the [b]cool[/b] part.

Go to webattack.com and download this freeware plugin:  [url]http://www.webattack.com/get/milkdrop.shtml[/url]

This is called Milkdrop.  It is also a straight forward installation, and freeware.

Once you get it installed, Open Winamp and configure Milkdrop to run in 'desktop mode.'  

This will make the visual representation of music appear ON your desktop while you are woking at your computer.

It is a memory hog, and you will need to tweak it to make it run on your machine (once you get it tweaked it's stable, it ran all night long on my winNT box)

Other than a little lag on my system, it is sweeeet!

TheRedGoat

It seems to like Styx better than Pink Floyd.

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:44:21 AM EDT
[#1]
"THE WAY to enjoy Pink Floyd" is to install their CDs into a clays thrower and bring your shotgun.  While playing the first Ramones album.

PULL!

(Sorry dude)
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:59:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"THE WAY to enjoy Pink Floyd" is to install their CDs into a clays thrower and bring your shotgun.  While playing the first Ramones album.

PULL!

(Sorry dude)
View Quote

Laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes.

So, CR, I assume you are NOT a fan?  It is kind of hard to tell from your post.  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top