Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 7:14:20 PM EDT
I was just wondering...  Too much scientific fact on one post?  What gives???

I was just relearning what it took 4 years of college (drinking) to forget.  Really, I must be blind to have missed why that post was locked.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
What electricity thread?  I did a search for it and no dice.  Can you provide a link?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
try searching for "electrocuted"
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=112766[/url]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#4]
GoatBoy locked all the self mutilation threads yesterday afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#5]
oooh- is that what they were?  Sick shit...
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#6]
That was a pretty informative thread.  Even now, I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't understand the relationship between, voltage, amperage, and ohms.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Just remember this V=I*R. That is OHM's law and it is the basis for the study of circuitry. Voltage is the sum of current times resistance. or conversley current is equal to the voltage divided by the resistance. THe higher the resistance from point a to B the lower the current. I have had 120 volts flowing through me a couple times. I have a few friends who were doing it on purpose and laughing. They would put their pointer and middle finger on one hand accross the 2 connection on the side of a light switch with the switch turned off, and the bulb would light up. Then again I have heard true stories of a very sick and stupid young man who killed himself with less than 12 volts, because he lowered the amount of resistance between the contacts enough to kill himself. I survived because I have a pretty high resistance, I don't know why but when I measure the resistance through my body it is usually higher than other peoples.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top