Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 5:52:42 PM EDT
I ordered some stuff from a place called "Diamondback Tactical." At any rate, it was supposed to arrive via FedEx today.
According to the tracking site, it was delivered a little after 3pm... I was here at 3pm and no package was delivered, nor did I see a FedEx truck anywhere near my house.
Of course, I called the 800# to ask WTF and they say it was left on my front porch. Like I said, I was home, I left at 5pm and no frigging package. They said they would trace it and call back.
My question is, has anyone ever had this happen and what can I expect ? barring that my pkg was delivered to the wrong house and they show up with it Thursday.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
In all my dealings with FedEx, I’ve never heard of them simply leaving a package without a signature.  I guess things have changed since they specifically told you that’s how it was done.

Anyway, they did lose one package of mine several years ago (out of literally hundreds of packages shipped).  However, there was no record of it being delivered, it simply disappeared into their system.

Since I had not insured it, they gave me the standard amount for a lost package – which I think was $200 at the time.  I believe the FedEx shipping form specifies the standard amount somewhere.

Hopefully whoever got the package incorrectly will call FedEx and get things straightened out.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
They have lost several packages that I have shipped for work.  Usually they are just "misplaced" and delivered later but some of the packages were never found.  They have always been helpful and they paid on the packages that did not find. It just may take some time to resolve.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never had one left at more door either... The "rep's" responce suprised me... However, the web site says it was "signed for by frontdoor." Which I guess translates into they left it.
Like I said, I was here. I was actually leaving to get somethng to eat and saw the FedEx guy pull into a subdivision down the road, I went home to wait.
I honestly think it was either left at the wrong house -or- someone nabbed it... And I ain't talking about the neighborhood kids.
Hopefully this won't be a headache.

I however, need this stuff by mid-may...
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually the package is not your responsibility - it's Diamondback Tactical's.

Until you take real possession of it, the package still belongs to the shipper.  If it's lost, the shipper collects the insurance.  It's still their responsibility to deliver to you the product you paid for.  If the shipper failed to pay for enough insurance, then it's their loss.

Call Diamondback and tell them the package is lost and to send another one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree Steel, but I actually want it's contents and would prefer not to wait another week or so.
FedEx has said they will try to sort it out and call the shipper if I haven't gotten it by Thrs... I dropped the shipper an e-mail lastnight letting them know what's going on.

The humor of it is... I looked at the verification page on FedEx's site. It was delivered to the wrong road, in the wrong zip code, and signed for by someone named "red." That's the signature...
I ain't named red and I don't know anybody named red.
I ain't real worried about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top