Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2002 2:25:59 PM EDT
...and donated a $2400 Super Match as a door prize!

He has been so busy since ShotShow, that it has taken this long to get back to us.  Les personally informed me that they will be present as vendors, and will also have demo rifles for evaluation use at the range.  They are also leaning towards having demo pistols available at Pasa Park on Saturday.

Les Baer adds an entirely new dimension to the world of custom handcrafted AR's, and those of you attending will see this immediately...

Thanks Les!

This is the rifle ([i]w/o optics[/i]) that he will be donating, to be used as a [u]Door Prize[/u]...

[img]http://www.lesbaer.com/images/newAR223.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I am an angry young Stealth for not being able to make it to the BRC.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#3]
(i was saving my 500th post for a special occasion)

[size=5][red]Holy freaking shnikes!!![/red][/size=5]
[bounce][shock][whacko]
Man... I suppose now we be a good time to tell everybody salivating over this rifle, that today is the last day you can register for $35...[bounce][shock][whacko]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Can someone explain to me how the drawings for the door prizes will work? Which day?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]
::Drool::[:P]

-T.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can someone explain to me how the drawings for the door prizes will work? Which day?
View Quote

Best place to find out is the BRC area.  But I believe that the drawings will take place Saturday evening after the ranges close.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Very generous donation from Les.

While I think he and others build sweet ARs, it was hard for me to plink down 1500.00 mim for a custom when I can buy BM varminter for 900.00.

Now don't flame me for my opinion, if I had the bank I would have love to buy custom from Les or the Tannery or someone that knows their stuff with ARs.

if its not shooting sub MOA groups its not the weapon it me, so its seems silly to pay big bucks until you learn the art and science of shooting.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#8]
What Anti failed to mention is that registration for the BRC is just a shade short of hitting 500.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#9]
whatever...
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What Anti failed to mention is that registration for the BRC is just a shade short of hitting 500.
View Quote

So? From what i've read the number of door prize tickets you get is determined by when you register and whether or not you're a paid member here. Three tickets for paid members who register early. (correct me if thats wrong.)

So lets assume a maximum of 1500 tickets in the raffle.

With the number of prizes i've seen posted here thems sum pretty good odds.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saturday afternoon Ranges close at 5pm
Clean up time
Banquet cooking starting around 5:30, serving shortly thereafter.
Raffle prizes (since no need to be present to win) will start to be drawn.
As more people get there we plan on having AR15.COM Admin & Armalite make presentation of the Hero's Rifles to those recepients present. Should still be light for some of the magazines to get pictures.

We will continue with raffle prizes until done.
THEN door prizes will start for the rest of the night, in & around the band & it's breaks.  There are a LOT of small prizes not listed so this will take a long time....don't plan on snagging a quick prize & splitting, besides, the Barrett is last![bounce][bounce][bounce]

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Saturady night
Ranges close at 5pm
Clean up time
Banquet cooking starting around 5:30, serving shortly thereafter.
Raffle prizes (since no need to be present to win) will start to be drawn.
As more people get there we plan on having AR15.COM Admin & Armalite make presentation of the Hero's Rifles to those recepients present. Should still be light for some of the magazines to get pictures.

We will continue with raffle prizes until done.
THEN door prizes will start for the rest of the night, in & around the band & it's breaks.  There are a LOT of small prizes not listed so this will take a long time....don't plan on snagging a quick prize & splitting, besides, the Barrett is last![bounce][bounce][bounce]

View Quote

So if I drive out for the day on saturday I should have a shitload of fun, and a shot at any of the raffle or door prizes? yippie.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Bah! If I win the Barrett I'm just gonna have to give it back, and let them redraw for it. I've already got one .50 and a second on the way, more than I can handle!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#15]
You can win as many prizes as you have door prize tickets...  that's the value of the extra tix for pre-registration!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You can win as many prizes as you have door prize tickets...  that's the value of the extra tix for pre-registration!
View Quote

Plus more tickets for the competitions and for placing in the competitions.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Damned you guys (stealth barret 50) and your (stealth barret 50) door prizes [:D].  I (stealth barret 50) just registered on the (stealth barrett 50) off chance I can (stealth barret 50) make it!

I'm (stealth barrett 50) not too interested (stealth barrett 50) in winning anything, but I'm (stealth barrett 50) sure I'd enjoy (stealth barret 50) a prize on the (stealth barrett 50) off chance that I (stealth barrett 50) should win.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#18]
AlClenin:   To win raffle prizes you have to but tickets.  Only 100 left at $10 each at the door.  Winning tickets will be thrown back into the hopper for another chance.

But EVERY adult registrant is eligle to win door prizes as long as present when # is drawn.

You might try to enter some of the informal competitions to win additional door prize tickets.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top