Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2002 1:58:56 PM EDT
This has probably been posted before, but it's worth a reminder to us all:
-----------
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

29....... have been accused of spousal abuse
7....... have been arrested for fraud
19....... have been accused of writing bad checks
117....... have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2  businesses
3....... have done time for assault
71....... cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14....... have been arrested on drug-related charges
8....... have been arrested for shoplifting
21....... are currently defendants in lawsuits
84....... have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

It's the [red]535 members of the [size=5]United States Congress.[/size=5][/red]

The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to  keep the rest of us in line.  The same group that doesn't trust us law-abiding citizens to carry guns.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
that only adds up to 373. Which means that a significant portion is still good. What is the tally for military service, community service, etc? BTW, by far the largest portion of that was bankruptcy/failed business. I would hardly consider that a bad thing. Enterprise is an American virtue, I wouldn't trust union freaks to run congress.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Got posted last week, but always good food for thought.
View Quote

Go figure, I missed it.  oh well.

jz,
But would you really want 117 folks who have bankrupted [i]at least[/i] 2 businesses (each!) and 71 who have bad credit (again, poor management of $$) to be in charge of your money, and insisting that you send them more of it each year?  Or someone who excercises such poor judgement that they drive while drunk to be in charge of deciding you can't own certain guns because you might exercise poor judgment and shoot someone/thing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top